Safeway Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Safeway (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Very minimal. Nothing too crazy, and no deep questions. This is the kind of place that hires mentally challenged people, so its not an SAT test. Dress like you actually want the job and its almost a guarantee you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer that you don't know how to deal with.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Safeway (Eugene, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. Applied for the job online, had a phone interview about four hours later, and then had an in-person interview two hours after that. The questions asked during the interview are your typical run of the mill basic interview questions. What would your previous employers say about you, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Safeway.

Interview

My father works for Safeway and knew many of the people that were in management, was a relatively easy interview. They essentially just asked about work ethic and about responsibility, they also asked about whether or not I could handle school and work.

Interview Questions

• What would you describe as your worst quality? Describe a time when you felt overwhelmed.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Safeway.

Interview

It was super easy, hired before the interview even started. She asked a couple questions just to make sure I wasnt an idiot but she knew she was going to hire me before we even started talking.

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeway (West Hollywood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, then got an email about a job fair about a week later (I didn't go to the first job fair- they have a couple job fairs per week for a few weeks). There's a sign-in sheet and you wait until the supervisor calls you in for the interview. There were no difficult questions, and I was never even asked to show him my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you handle it peacefully?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Safeway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Safeway (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked right away If they could move me to a different department. I said I was willing to help them with the needs of the store and do what's best. Worked out great because I received a full-time schedule and a good pay rate

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous customer service experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Safeway (Clayton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Hired immediately, interview brief. Hired before the drug test was even over. Safeway is desperate for workers and you are almost guaranteed the job. Unfortunately, they tend to place you in a different department than you requested and try to work you to death. Hard to get a higher pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, called the next day and did a little series of questions on my background and availability over the phone. Then scheduled for an interview a week later. Asked simple questions like "Why do you want to work for Safeway?" "When was a time you had to make up for someone else's mistake?" and also "When was a time you had a disagreement with someone at school or work, and how did you treat the situation?" You also must pass an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• If someone was buying a birthday cake, what else would you suggest that they buy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week, they called me. The first call I denied; the next day, I called and asked to be reconsidered. The HM gladly called me back, following up on an interview the next day. Everything went really smooth and if it's your first interview, just read all the questions on GlassDoor! Every aspect will sail well.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation with someone you disagreed with?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Safeway in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the assistant manager 2 days later. She wanted me to come in ASAP. The interview itself is really easy. If you can speak English and pass the drug test you're fine. I just wore a dress shirt, dark jeans, and dress shoes.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you? and When are you available? They want you to be available a lot (like most retail jobs) but she mentioned that they would work around my college schedule. I declined because I think that I'm worth more than minimum wage.   1 Answer

They pay minimum wage, and they'll want a $135 union initiation fee plus ongoing union dues. Any union taking that much money should get you more than minimum wage.