Safeway Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Safeway in March 2014.

I was already working as a temporary employee with Safeway and saw the position opening on the internal website. Seeing as how I had access to the HR reps information I contacted them and asked for the Hiring managers name. Soon as I got the hiring managers name I contacted them for a meet n greet to talk about the position. From there I was offered a formal interview where I was asked about my background, experience, and skills etc. The whole process took about a month before being offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • All pretty basic questions about skills related to the position. Having knowledge of Safeway's systems really helped. Questions like name a time you had a problem and fixed it or were overwhelmed with work and how did you accomplish everything?   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate because I had no experience as a financial analyst but I was happy with the raise I got from the position I previously had

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Safeway in November 2009.

There is an initial phone interview with a person from HR.

After that step, the interview process was split into two days. The first day consists of 1-1 interviews with the VPs of FP&A. They'll give you a high-level overview of what they're trying to build within their respective organizations and will want you to be able to elaborate on how you will fit in. The second round (if called back) consistes of a group interview with your potential team and a 1-1 with your direct manager.

There was none.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Safeway in April 2010.

The interview processes consisted on back to back one on one interview sessions each one of them lasted for about 1 hour with breaks in between. There were typical standard HR questions that needed to be asked along with some out of the box questions.The questions depend on the person interviewing you. Some followed the HR questions some didnt even look at the HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you experience a conflict on your team and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!