Safeway Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with two directors and two managers. They asked me about my resume and my previous jobs and skill sets. They also asked about any projects that I did that I could explain in detail and what the outcome was. Then, each person switched off reading mostly behavioral questions. Overall interview was straightforward and no tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was something like this: "Tell me a time when everyone was against you but you knew it was the right decision for the company and pushed for a change. Explain the approach you took."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was already working as a temporary employee with Safeway and saw the position opening on the internal website. Seeing as how I had access to the HR reps information I contacted them and asked for the Hiring managers name. Soon as I got the hiring managers name I contacted them for a meet n greet to talk about the position. From there I was offered a formal interview where I was asked about my background, experience, and skills etc. The whole process took about a month before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• All pretty basic questions about skills related to the position. Having knowledge of Safeway's systems really helped. Questions like name a time you had a problem and fixed it or were overwhelmed with work and how did you accomplish everything?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I had no experience as a financial analyst but I was happy with the raise I got from the position I previously had

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview with a person from HR. After that step, the interview process was split into two days. The first day consists of 1-1 interviews with the VPs of FP&A. They'll give you a high-level overview of what they're trying to build within their respective organizations and will want you to be able to elaborate on how you will fit in. The second round (if called back) consistes of a group interview with your potential team and a 1-1 with your direct manager.

Interview Questions

• How well do you knw MS EXCEL?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked with essbase?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in April 2010.

Interview

The interview processes consisted on back to back one on one interview sessions each one of them lasted for about 1 hour with breaks in between. There were typical standard HR questions that needed to be asked along with some out of the box questions.The questions depend on the person interviewing you. Some followed the HR questions some didnt even look at the HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experience a conflict on your team and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question