Safeway Food Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Mount Vernon, WA).

Interview

Submitted an application online, Called interviewer a couple of times, Got a job interview, Asked some questions, Did a drug test. Seems like they'd hire just about anyone. Answer the questions honestly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

This was an easy interview. There's always a drug test. It's only the cotton swab, so if you don't smoke like the morning of then you will be fine. They will ask why you want to work there and will give you various scenarios that you must give a response to. Make sure you are friendly because that's a big part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What else would you suggest to a customer who bought a birthday cake?   1 Answer

Food Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process took a little long because it was so many people wanting to work and when i got the call i was happy they picked me out of all them people.

Interview Questions

• The Most Difficult question was Out of the all the jobs why Safeway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Tigard, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process has changed since I was hired because each store does there own hiring for there individuals needs for each store.

Interview Questions

• The policy that you did not agree and how did you get others to have buy in on the policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy. The pay is horrible, hence they will hire anyone (as long as you can breathe, have 2 arms and 2 legs). They ask you simple personality questions. They don't expect you to have any prior experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals? Where do you see yourself? Moving up? Settling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Eureka, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was hired at a large hiring event for a new store. The process was long, but not painful in the least. First you turned in your paperwork, then waited to meet with a current employee. If that employee said "yes" you went on to meet with a manager. After that you were drug tested and submitted some minimal information for a background check. I had a misstep only because someone wrote down my birth date incorrectly. It was corrected with a simple phone call.

Interview Questions

• None. It was fairly typical. No large hurdles and just your average ordinary interview. You were one of many to get a job. They were mainly looking for bodies, not long-term employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations necessary. All pay rates are specified by the Union contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenson Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Stevenson Ranch, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was originally hired as a courtesy clerk (bagger), but eventually become an assistant manager. There is room for moving up in this company. Interviewing manager was very courteous and didn't ask questions that were difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in your former retail customer service job where you provided exceptional customer service? (This ? is easy).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, minimum wage starting.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Woodbridge, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

One one one interaction with the hiring manager to discuss skills and go over pay. A drug test is administered which results come back in a few days. if passed you go throuhg orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Safeway (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

they ask for high school or Ged equivelent, favorite subject in school. they also drug test (Swab) inner cheek.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was simple, they told me the starting minimum wage and that they are an equal opportunity employer, many chances to move up in the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Sacramento, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

They seemed like they deal with a lot of bad workers so act motivated and competent to set yourself apart from the crowd.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have to work with people that have clashing personalities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a