Safeway

2.0

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Safeway in January 2013.

The hiring process has changed since I was hired because each store does there own hiring for there individuals needs for each store.

Interview Questions
  • The policy that you did not agree and how did you get others to have buy in on the policy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Food Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in January 2013.

The hiring process took a little long because it was so many people wanting to work and when i got the call i was happy they picked me out of all them people.

Interview Questions
    • The Most Difficult question was Out of the all the jobs why Safeway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Safeway in September 2011.

I was hired at a large hiring event for a new store. The process was long, but not painful in the least. First you turned in your paperwork, then waited to meet with a current employee. If that employee said "yes" you went on to meet with a manager. After that you were drug tested and submitted some minimal information for a background check. I had a misstep only because someone wrote down my birth date incorrectly. It was corrected with a simple phone call.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was fairly typical. No large hurdles and just your average ordinary interview. You were one of many to get a job. They were mainly looking for bodies, not long-term employees.   Answer Question
    No negotiations necessary. All pay rates are specified by the Union contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenson Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway in October 2010.

I was originally hired as a courtesy clerk (bagger), but eventually become an assistant manager. There is room for moving up in this company. Interviewing manager was very courteous and didn't ask questions that were difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in your former retail customer service job where you provided exceptional customer service? (This ? is easy).   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, minimum wage starting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Safeway in February 2010.

One one one interaction with the hiring manager to discuss skills and go over pay. A drug test is administered which results come back in a few days. if passed you go throuhg orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Safeway in July 2008.

they ask for high school or Ged equivelent, favorite subject in school. they also drug test (Swab) inner cheek.

Interview Questions
    it was simple, they told me the starting minimum wage and that they are an equal opportunity employer, many chances to move up in the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safeway in January 2008.

They seemed like they deal with a lot of bad workers so act motivated and competent to set yourself apart from the crowd.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have to work with people that have clashing personalities.   Answer Question
    n/a

Food Clerk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Safeway.

Hiring and interview process are a group of questions that have no bearing on what you will be actually doing...if you are interviewing for a promotion they already have in mind who they will choose, so it is basically a waste of your time and theirs....

Food Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Safeway in July 2010.

It was easy, its a job fair where they hire everybody. NOBODY IS TURNED DOWN. The offer to everybody for cashier or food clerk is $ 9.50 an hour. GM which are people stocking shelves are minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have another job ? Can you quit your other job ?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, just take it or leave it.

Food Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safeway in May 2009.

Applied online thought the website. Was called early the next morning to schedule interview for the next day. Went in and meet with the HR rep. Had a quick interview general questions then met with manager briefly to go over policies. Offered to choose one of two positions immediately after I passed the drug test. Either a position at Starbucks kiosk or as Food Clerk if I passed the skills test(which I did and took that one cause it paid more).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you were leader of a team.   View Answer