Safeway

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online after I saw a posting on an internet job board I frequent. About a week or two later I got a call to see if I was still looking for a job. I said yes and we set up an interview.

I was surprised by the interview and expected the robot questions "describe a situation where..." and "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work here". BUT it was just a more conversational interview, which I greatly appreciated. Seriously, how do you get to know a candidate if you just read questions straight off a paper instead of TALKING to him/her? /endrant Anyway, at the interview the job I applied for online actually wasn't available so I was told of another open position and said I was fine with interviewing for that.

Was told to expect a call within a few days but didn't get one, so I followed up for a couple days calling in. By 4th day I got a call telling me I was chosen to be hired and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None, no experience gets you lowest end of range.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Safeway

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!

Safeway Videos

Safeway – Why Work for Us?

Our employees are the foundation of our success – they are the heart of what we do. By developing a personalized career, fostering a healthy lifestyle, and participating in a culture of innovation, our employees impact… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Safeway Front End Courtesy Clerk interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Safeway employees and interview candidates.