Safeway Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
284 interviews

2.3

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Safeway in May 2013.

Saliva test that took no more than twenty minutes. Usually if there is an interview than you were hired. Was easy to get it was my first interview and job.

Interview Questions
    • None i wanted the job i would step up in any situation and attempt to do resolve the problem   View Answer
    i was willing to work any hours they like flexibility but they will work around your school schedule

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Safeway in August 2013.

The interview is conducted by 4 people where you are given an Oral Examination. The District HR representative, The District Sales Manager, The Director of Employee Education and a Store Manager. It consists of 7 questions and is graded on a 5 point system. Each question is about store operations. Employee Conflict Resolution, Customer Conflict Resolution, Accurate Book Keeping, Shrink Tracking and Control, Process Benchmarking, Out of Stock control, and Gross Profit. There is also as written exam.

A score is generated from the RLD (retail leadership development) classwork, the written examination, the oral examination and the interview.

This final score determines whether you receive the promotion or not and your starting salary which varies from 37k to 57k.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

Had an interview today. Was off a paper like three pages. Situations and long-term goals. The interviewer was very nice but it seemed after the interview she kinda went into a mode of I'm not sure.pay was said for p/t is 7.90. It was interesting.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating on Thursday and see if I can up the pay.at least at 8.25 instead of 7.90

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

I applied online and they called me 3 days later. It was kind of awkward because they had the interview in the break room so there was a bunch of other people around. I got a call before the interview asking me some questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you resolved a disagreement with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway.

Was notified via phone to set up an interview. First interview is with the store manager, then with the pharmacy manager. Got an offer within 2-3 days. There are about 10 hours of computer training you have to do. It's self paced and you can come in any time to do it. Then there's official training in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked about my goals for the future and how I would contribute to the company even though I was inexperienced.   Answer Question
    Didn't really try to get a better rate since I didn't have any experience.

Deli Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Safeway in May 2012.

Interview was about ten minutes talked about myself a little bit also the job duties that were being assigned to me and got offered the job on the spot easy interview also they really care about the customer so great costumer service skills is a must they are always hiring as well

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Safeway in June 2010.

There wasn't much involved in the interview process. I just submitted my resume, and had a five minute conversation with the store manager. There was a drug test that I completed after being hired, and also a background check that was completed after I began working there. It was not difficult, and was a fairly quick process.

Interview Questions
    • They are focused on customer service reviews, so they had some role-play about helping customers out that was a little unexpected.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Safeway in September 2013.

Cattle call from an online job fair for a new store. The interview consisted of telling me what I'd be doing, how much I was going to be making, and that hours were subject to sales.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, They just picked me.

Deli Clerk Interview

Once they call you in for an interview you're basically guaranteed the position, so just don't say anything stupid. They don't even bother to write down your full response.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safeway.

Received a call from HR. Did phone interview with HR. After passing that onsite interview with hiring manager. Two people interviewed, mainly asked behavioral questions. Few technical questions, just to see your thinking process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for interns.

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!