Safeway Interview Questions

2.3

Image Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safeway.

The whole hiring process took about three months from the date of the submission of my resume. I was called in for a total of three interviews. I interviewed with two to three people at each interview. The questions were easy and most related to my experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why I was not intending on going back to school for a degree.   Answer Question
    HR called me with an offer. Since it was a good offer I did not try to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway.

My application took around 2 weeks to process. I got a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me some basic questions regrading about applications. Then I got an one on one interview in person with a hiring manager a week after.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging experience in customer service?   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

I submitted my resume and get a phone call on the second day, and then have onsite interview after on week I submitted my resume. Sat with 2 manager, and it takes about one hour.

Deli Clerk Interview

The manager was friendly, but it took a while to get started. She seemed a bit frantic and unorganized. There was a foul smell coming from the store. It genuinely smelled like rotting food, and rats. When we got started, she asked me about my previous work. She then asked me about by citizenship status, and on to the computerized math test and questionnaire.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway in September 2014.

I applied to Safeway not really know what to expect or do because I had just moved to another state. They gave me a pre interview on the phone. They told me I would be applying for the Deli Clerk. I go in for the actual interview and they told me they had just filled all other positions other then the courtesy clerk. (I have job experience in deli services and bakery services). They gave me the job as courtesy clerk and I took it because I really needed a job. They had more people come in for interviews and they gave them jobs for the deli and bakery. I went online to see if they were still hiring and they just posted a new job opening for bakery and deli.
    The interviewer told me to come in a few hours later to do some paper work. I went in, she made me wait a half hour. She told me to come in at a specific time a few days later for computer training, I went in, she told me to wait and then she told me I had to come back later. So I went in later and she left me on my own at the computer doing stupid training that was way to long. She then told me to go in the next day to meet with a manager, and I did. They made me wait half an hour again and then the manager didn't even know why I was there and what the interviewer wanted him to do.

This was the worst hiring process ever. Management didn't even care about the new hires and treated us like dirt.

I will definitely quit when I find a new job.

Interview Questions
    • If we asked a friend of yours, what would they say about you. (I hate these questions cause I am not my friend)   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway in September 2014.

Applied online and a week later received a phone interview. Simple questions about past work experience and have I ever been arrested before. She said she would let me know in the next 48hours if I would be seen for a face to face interview or not. Got a call two days later for a face to face interview at a Pack N Save store. People were coming in and out for interviews. You wait for your name to be called then sit down at a table with a store manager while they ask you simple questions. Since I was applying for a new store they asked what position did I want. The pay for the cashier is $9.50 an hr and after the interview they offered me the position. Really, seem like everyone got hired since they are opening a new store in Alameda, CA. After that had to do a drug test right then and there with a mouth swab. I Passed and was told to come back the following week with papers (I.D. Social Security Card) to get started. I don't know what happened to the people that didn't pass the drug test. Simple interview, nothing to be nervous about.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway.

Was notified via phone to set up an interview. First interview is with the store manager, then with the pharmacy manager. Got an offer within 2-3 days. There are about 10 hours of computer training you have to do. It's self paced and you can come in any time to do it. Then there's official training in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked about my goals for the future and how I would contribute to the company even though I was inexperienced.   Answer Question
    Didn't really try to get a better rate since I didn't have any experience.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

Had an interview today. Was off a paper like three pages. Situations and long-term goals. The interviewer was very nice but it seemed after the interview she kinda went into a mode of I'm not sure.pay was said for p/t is 7.90. It was interesting.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating on Thursday and see if I can up the pay.at least at 8.25 instead of 7.90

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

Interview process was pretty easy! They mostly just ask you basic questions about yourself and your job experience in customer service (if you have any). They also ask questions about what you would do in certain situations. After the interview, they will administer the drug test. If you pass, then you will most likely be hired unless something went really wrong or the interviewer feels that you`re not right for this job.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer wanted to buy a cake, what other 3 items would you recommend them to get with it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

I applied online and they called me 3 days later. It was kind of awkward because they had the interview in the break room so there was a bunch of other people around. I got a call before the interview asking me some questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you resolved a disagreement with a supervisor?   Answer Question