Safeway Interview Questions

2.3

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

Had an interview today. Was off a paper like three pages. Situations and long-term goals. The interviewer was very nice but it seemed after the interview she kinda went into a mode of I'm not sure.pay was said for p/t is 7.90. It was interesting.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating on Thursday and see if I can up the pay.at least at 8.25 instead of 7.90

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Safeway in August 2014.

I applied online and they called me 3 days later. It was kind of awkward because they had the interview in the break room so there was a bunch of other people around. I got a call before the interview asking me some questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you resolved a disagreement with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway.

Was notified via phone to set up an interview. First interview is with the store manager, then with the pharmacy manager. Got an offer within 2-3 days. There are about 10 hours of computer training you have to do. It's self paced and you can come in any time to do it. Then there's official training in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked about my goals for the future and how I would contribute to the company even though I was inexperienced.   Answer Question
    Didn't really try to get a better rate since I didn't have any experience.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Safeway in May 2012.

Interview was about ten minutes talked about myself a little bit also the job duties that were being assigned to me and got offered the job on the spot easy interview also they really care about the customer so great costumer service skills is a must they are always hiring as well

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Safeway in June 2010.

There wasn't much involved in the interview process. I just submitted my resume, and had a five minute conversation with the store manager. There was a drug test that I completed after being hired, and also a background check that was completed after I began working there. It was not difficult, and was a fairly quick process.

Interview Questions
    • They are focused on customer service reviews, so they had some role-play about helping customers out that was a little unexpected.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Safeway in September 2013.

Cattle call from an online job fair for a new store. The interview consisted of telling me what I'd be doing, how much I was going to be making, and that hours were subject to sales.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, They just picked me.

Deli Clerk Interview

Once they call you in for an interview you're basically guaranteed the position, so just don't say anything stupid. They don't even bother to write down your full response.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safeway.

Received a call from HR. Did phone interview with HR. After passing that onsite interview with hiring manager. Two people interviewed, mainly asked behavioral questions. Few technical questions, just to see your thinking process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for interns.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Safeway in June 2013.

Just be yourself and be friendly and respectful. The interview process is short but they do a on site swab test so be prepared for that. Everyone is friendly as long as you are friendly to them. Its all about good vibes

Interview Questions
    • What would your supervisor of your last job say about you?   Answer Question

Safeway Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in August 2010.

Don't really remember... I got interviewed, took a drug test, went to their training physicality for two weeks, and then started working... Was not really hard to get going.