Safeway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 11+ months - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – None. They never responded to any of my inquires.

Interview Question – Why did I not ge a response to any of my inquires to Safeway.   Answer Question

Grocery Manager Interview

Grocery Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Safeway in April 2011.

Interview Details – This was an internal promotion interview that was conducted with the Store Manager, District Manager for Grocery Department, and Human Resources Manager for Area.

Interview Question – What are the measurements for an endcap display?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – The process was very long and took over a month and a half. I think there could have been better follow up through the whole process.

Interview Question – I was asked an accounting question during an interview about marketing.   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – Had a one to one interview...few behavorial related questions and more about my prior expereince

Interview Question – What would you do if   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Safeway in July 2010.

Interview Details – One initial interview over the phone with HR, followed up by one interview on-site with three Safeway marketing employees, together. Each employee was assigned different topics to probe. I don't remember the topics, but it was clear that Safeway has a systematic interviewing process that is tied into their core values and job descriptions.

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – Standard questions in a panel interview

Interview Question – Explain something you tried and succeeded at that others have failed at?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One sided

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Safeway in April 2013.

Interview Details – I took into perspective all of my surroundings by going early to my interview. I was watching how the staff was interacting with each other as well as with the customers--there interactions with them, if they recognized them, if the patients were regulars or coming there for the first time. I was watching to see how the staff's facial features were when they were speaking with each other as well with the customers. How clean the store was, open and approachable, somewhat clustered with multiple products being displayed. I was watching if the staff was going outside to help the customers find products, show them where things were versus pointing and calling out the aisle number. During my interview, I was honest with every question that was asked. As one can never really prepare for interviews, its always best to be honest and show that you love what you do and you work hard, keeping it real and simple.

Interview Question – That's hard to say considering you are already nervous and sometimes, the most simple question can seem difficult to explain. For example, when they asked years of experience, do you include the internship and externship as experience or just from the time that you were licensed as practicing. I do ask which way they want the question to be answered. Some company's like that you include all the education and learning experienced to be included.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Bakery Clerk At Dominick's (Owned By Safeway) Interview

Bakery Clerk At Dominick's (Owned By Safeway)
Joliet, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was almost forty years old with NO work experience, ever. I was hired on the spot at my interview and had an inconclusive drug test. I believe that just about anyone could have been hired there.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. I just had to have open availability - or in my words, be available at their beck and call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Will you start immediately? The pay isn't great and you only get 12 hours a week.

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – No interview, having this position is one they ask from dependable clerks that have a great awareness for what is going on in the front end.

Checker Interview

Checker

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – It was a pretty straightforward process. I submitted a written application, and was called for an interview, about two weeks later. I met with two managers; 15 minutes of back and forth. They said they'd be in contact, soon. I was called in for a second interview about a week later, with one more evening manager.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky or unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted me to work graveyard at 24-Hr location.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Safeway