Safeway

Updated Oct 21, 2014

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

pleasant and informative. predictable questions and very straight forward. met with pharmacy manager and one of the store supervisor or managers. took about 30 minutes. showed me the process of the pharmacy and what kinds of situations to expect from customers. explained what was expected of the employee and how to address certain issues. the rules and laws involving pharmacy law and safeway regulations and policies.

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway.

Applied online, then about one week later was telephoned to set up an interview time. The interview was brief, primarily focused on availability, reliable transportation and customer service skills. Drug test was taken same day via oral swab.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of resolving a difficult situation with an upset customer.   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway.

Was notified via phone to set up an interview. First interview is with the store manager, then with the pharmacy manager. Got an offer within 2-3 days. There are about 10 hours of computer training you have to do. It's self paced and you can come in any time to do it. Then there's official training in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked about my goals for the future and how I would contribute to the company even though I was inexperienced.   Answer Question
    Didn't really try to get a better rate since I didn't have any experience.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Safeway.

None. They never responded to any of my inquires.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I not ge a response to any of my inquires to Safeway.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway.

Had a one to one interview...few behavorial related questions and more about my prior expereince

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I didn't really have an interview when I started with Safeway in 1996. I had a friend who was a bakery manager at the store and she hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Safeway in September 2012.

I applied through their online system. 2 days later, got a call and verify my application and was said they set the phone interview for me on specific day. Then, got phone interview with a manager for 30 mins.. that was a tough one.. all scenario questions and follow up questions to my answers.... 2 days later, got a call and was said I was moved forward to personal interview. Gosh...I have to thank to the manager who did the interview with me over the phone. :))) My personal interview was very positive and comfort rather than phone interview. Now, I'm waiting for their reply. I cross my fingers....phewwww....

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you gave your customer above and beyond.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why should we hire you?
      And some follow up questions to my answers.
      What do you know about safeway?
      How did you know about this position opening?

Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in July 2010.

generally a recruiter is who contacts you for an interview but i was contacted by the actual pharmacy manager. through the phone she seemed very nice and not so strict. the pharmacy manager was very nice and understood that i was nervous. She asked me a lot of skill questions.