Safeway

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Image Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safeway.

The whole hiring process took about three months from the date of the submission of my resume. I was called in for a total of three interviews. I interviewed with two to three people at each interview. The questions were easy and most related to my experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why I was not intending on going back to school for a degree.   Answer Question
    HR called me with an offer. Since it was a good offer I did not try to negotiate.

Windows Server Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Safeway in March 2013.

was contacted by them for the position on Mon 3/18. Called me back 3/19 for the phone interview with the recruiter. had a panel interview with 5 people on 3/20. One person had to drop off, one never showed. Tech questions where fairly simple, (how do you create a file share, etc). Was told on 3/27 that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Inventory Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway in March 2013.

I was contacted by telephone. I did three telephone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to distance yourself from an employee.   View Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safeway in January 2012.

leading questions from interviewer, review benefits, review company initiatives, salary negotiation, discussed vacation weeks,

Liquor Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in August 2011.

The company attempted to hire several liquor merchandisers during my time working there. Sometimes the jobs were posted internally, sometimes not. The initial interviews were done by phone with a group of corporate level managers asking you questions. I did not advance to any subsequent interviews. Not to rant, but it almost seemed the phone interview was a courtesy paid to me for being an employee that met the basic job requirements.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in March 2011.

Applied online after my friend who worked there told me they were looking to hire. They called me about 4 days later and asked me to come in for a one on one interview. The interview was about 15 minutes long and most of the questions were very basic and expected. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you were the leader of a group and had to problem solve to accomplish a task.
      There really were not any unexpected or odd questions. The interviewer had never done one before because the normal person was out that day. I think it would have been more in-depth if the normal interviewer was there.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. Courtesy clerks get minimum wage and it seemed like you had no say in how many hours you worked.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Safeway in November 2010.

My interview was for interal employees so it will differ in outside employees. i applyed for the job and about week later HR called and asked me to come in for a 250 question personailty test. Took about 45 to 1 hour long. Once i was done i was told they would call me a few days and let me know if i passed it. i was about 30 mins away and they called me and said i passed the test and that a the HR adisor for that store would call me and set up and interview. Two days later i got the interveiw. Asked question about different situions and how did i handle them. they are looking for real life examples when answering their questionn

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you handle a disagreement with two fellow coworkers   View Answer
    No negotiotion its set