Safeway

2.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Image Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safeway.

The whole hiring process took about three months from the date of the submission of my resume. I was called in for a total of three interviews. I interviewed with two to three people at each interview. The questions were easy and most related to my experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why I was not intending on going back to school for a degree.   Answer Question
    HR called me with an offer. Since it was a good offer I did not try to negotiate.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway.

After submitting an online application I received an email offering an interview. There was a brief phone screening during which the specifics of the position were described to me and I had to answer questions about my experience. During that phone call I was able to schedule an in-person interview. I was asked a few straightforward questions in the interview and they offered me the job then. They did the drug screening and background check immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to take on a coworker's responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

The commute was too long for me. Everything else about the position was fine.

Meat Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in January 2014.

went well did the mouth swab drug test at the store didnt work had to go to a lab

Interview Questions
    • How to bone out and get as many different primals out of a bone in chuck   Answer Question
    its a standard pay

Inventory Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway in March 2013.

I was contacted by telephone. I did three telephone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to distance yourself from an employee.   View Answer

Windows Server Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Safeway in March 2013.

was contacted by them for the position on Mon 3/18. Called me back 3/19 for the phone interview with the recruiter. had a panel interview with 5 people on 3/20. One person had to drop off, one never showed. Tech questions where fairly simple, (how do you create a file share, etc). Was told on 3/27 that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safeway in June 2012.

The whole process was pretty simple. I applied online for a number of different positions and a few days later I received a call and asked if I was still interested and when I could meet for an interview. Scheduled the interview for a few days later at an alternate location because the person who called wasn't going to be there but they had me interview with another person. I was told to go to the customer service desk when I arrived and they told me to go upstairs. The interview was really simple just a few questions about my past experiences and why I wanted to work for Safeway. After the questions she told me that they were going to move forward with me and that I needed to do a drug test and background test. The drug test was simple just had to put a sponge thing in your mouth for a few minutes. My background test came back quickly so they asked how many forms of ID I had which I had my drivers license and my social security card so she was able to do all my paper work while I filled out some tax papers on the computer. After that paper work she gave me a packet of papers I needed to sign and that was it. She asked when I was wanted to start I told her asap, she suggested I take a day so that I could a uniform together and I started training the day after that. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most recent work experience?   Answer Question
    • What would your last employer/manager say is your best/strongest attribute?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to give excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a customer complaint.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Safeway?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Safeway in January 2012.

Online application, got a call and scheduled interview for next day. Fairly easy questions, basically if you dress up and show up you already have the job because they are always needing new hires. On the spot saliva test to save time and money and started the next Monday. Try to get produce, bakery, or meat dept. as the deli is disgusting and being a cashier hurts to stand in one spot for hours.

They pay minimum wage, 7.65 in AZ

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Safeway in January 2012.

I applied online and didn't get a response for over a month. I walked in to introduce myself and checkup on my application. and I was given an interview on the spot. I was given a saliva drug test the next day, and after my background check was completed, I was hired on.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation is possible.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safeway in January 2012.

leading questions from interviewer, review benefits, review company initiatives, salary negotiation, discussed vacation weeks,

Liquor Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeway in August 2011.

The company attempted to hire several liquor merchandisers during my time working there. Sometimes the jobs were posted internally, sometimes not. The initial interviews were done by phone with a group of corporate level managers asking you questions. I did not advance to any subsequent interviews. Not to rant, but it almost seemed the phone interview was a courtesy paid to me for being an employee that met the basic job requirements.