Safeway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – After submitting an online application I received an email offering an interview. There was a brief phone screening during which the specifics of the position were described to me and I had to answer questions about my experience. During that phone call I was able to schedule an in-person interview. I was asked a few straightforward questions in the interview and they offered me the job then. They did the drug screening and background check immediately.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The commute was too long for me. Everything else about the position was fine.

Very Easy Interview

Meat Department Manager Interview

Meat Department Manager
Gilbert, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in January 2014.

Interview Details – went well did the mouth swab drug test at the store didnt work had to go to a lab

Interview Question – How to bone out and get as many different primals out of a bone in chuck   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – its a standard pay

Inventory Control Technician Interview

Inventory Control Technician
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by telephone. I did three telephone interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to distance yourself from an employee.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Safeway in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, got a call and scheduled interview for next day. Fairly easy questions, basically if you dress up and show up you already have the job because they are always needing new hires. On the spot saliva test to save time and money and started the next Monday. Try to get produce, bakery, or meat dept. as the deli is disgusting and being a cashier hurts to stand in one spot for hours.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay minimum wage, 7.65 in AZ

Windows Server Administrative Interview

Windows Server Administrative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Safeway in March 2013.

Interview Details – was contacted by them for the position on Mon 3/18. Called me back 3/19 for the phone interview with the recruiter. had a panel interview with 5 people on 3/20. One person had to drop off, one never showed. Tech questions where fairly simple, (how do you create a file share, etc). Was told on 3/27 that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online after my friend who worked there told me they were looking to hire. They called me about 4 days later and asked me to come in for a one on one interview. The interview was about 15 minutes long and most of the questions were very basic and expected. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Question – Name a time where you were the leader of a group and had to problem solve to accomplish a task.
There really were not any unexpected or odd questions. The interviewer had never done one before because the normal person was out that day. I think it would have been more in-depth if the normal interviewer was there.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Courtesy clerks get minimum wage and it seemed like you had no say in how many hours you worked.

Liquor Merchandiser Interview

Liquor Merchandiser
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Safeway in August 2011.

Interview Details – The company attempted to hire several liquor merchandisers during my time working there. Sometimes the jobs were posted internally, sometimes not. The initial interviews were done by phone with a group of corporate level managers asking you questions. I did not advance to any subsequent interviews. Not to rant, but it almost seemed the phone interview was a courtesy paid to me for being an employee that met the basic job requirements.

Interview Question – None, they were all straightforward.   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Starbucks Barista
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Safeway in June 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process was pretty simple. I applied online for a number of different positions and a few days later I received a call and asked if I was still interested and when I could meet for an interview. Scheduled the interview for a few days later at an alternate location because the person who called wasn't going to be there but they had me interview with another person. I was told to go to the customer service desk when I arrived and they told me to go upstairs. The interview was really simple just a few questions about my past experiences and why I wanted to work for Safeway. After the questions she told me that they were going to move forward with me and that I needed to do a drug test and background test. The drug test was simple just had to put a sponge thing in your mouth for a few minutes. My background test came back quickly so they asked how many forms of ID I had which I had my drivers license and my social security card so she was able to do all my paper work while I filled out some tax papers on the computer. After that paper work she gave me a packet of papers I needed to sign and that was it. She asked when I was wanted to start I told her asap, she suggested I take a day so that I could a uniform together and I started training the day after that. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Safeway in January 2012.

Interview Details – leading questions from interviewer, review benefits, review company initiatives, salary negotiation, discussed vacation weeks,

Interview Question – do you have any questions for us   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Safeway in November 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was for interal employees so it will differ in outside employees. i applyed for the job and about week later HR called and asked me to come in for a 250 question personailty test. Took about 45 to 1 hour long. Once i was done i was told they would call me a few days and let me know if i passed it. i was about 30 mins away and they called me and said i passed the test and that a the HR adisor for that store would call me and set up and interview. Two days later i got the interveiw. Asked question about different situions and how did i handle them. they are looking for real life examples when answering their questionn

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you handle a disagreement with two fellow coworkers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiotion its set

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!