Safeway Interview Questions in Walnut Creek, CA

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Safeway in April 2012.

Very, very, very, very easy to get a job!!! ANYONE, I seriously mean ANYONE can work for Safeway.

Interview Questions
    • I never received a formal interview, I was offered a job based on resume and then started training.   Answer Question
    None

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Safeway in February 2010.

The recruiter was based out of state so correspondence was via email and telephone. The recruiter intermediated the entire process including a screening interview focused on the resume contents. The interview process consisted of 1) a panel of IT peers, 2) a panel of IT Directors and 3) a IT VP 1:1. All face to face but in my case the 2nd interview was via phone due to scheduling challenges.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interviews were Behavioural based with an intent to more deeply understand first hand how an individual handled specific situations in terms of what was done, thought or said. The interviewers were not experienced with behavioural and so the level of difficulty is rated average.   View Answer
    Because it is a large organisation salary bands are defined. Nevertheless negotiation should be based on industry benchmarks and was intermediated via the recruiter.