Sage Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Interview started with over the phone interview with recruiter. I was scheduled a face to face interview the next day. That morning I met with an interviewer who was very friendly. We sat and chat for about an hr. Afterwards she went and grabbed the VP of her department and immediately started the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small increase due to my previous experience and a offer from a competitor on the table

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was through experis. Did an over the phone interview, and was offered and assessment opportunity, aftwr completing the assessment, the same day, I was offered an opportunity to Interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult situation? What was the result?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Take a Windows test and wait for about 2 weeks for an interview. I chose a different start date, so my interview date was rescheduled. I don't know why I couldn't just interview and start on a specific date they had available

Interview Questions

• What is one of the depreciation methods?   1 Answer

Software Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who performed an initial phone screen and then a week later I was given an in-person interview with two managers. During the interview I was asked about my past work experience and also asked if I had specific skills relevant to Sage. The questions were fairly standard but during the interview it became apparent that they had very specific criteria that they were seeking in a candidate and I do not feel that my background matched their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level in working with Mondo DB?   1 Answer

Manager Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Standard and straight forward process, recruiter was nice and very quick to respond with updates and to questions. Went thru a couple quick rounds of phone interviews with applicable managers then more in-depth interviews on-site.

Manager of Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1.) Contacted by Sage Recruiter after applying on site, basic screening type questions, gave current and desired salary range, was told it needed to be discussed with hiring mgr. 2.) Sage recruiter contacted me a day later to schedule an interview with hiring manager. 3.) Interviewed with hiring manager -- Great interview! I killed it! Everything is looking awesome at this point... 4.) A new recruiter contacts me from Sage and tells me she's replacing the recruiter I was previously working with. She tells me the interview went great and they'd like to move forward to schedule a 2nd interview. Emails me a new questionnaire regarding my current & expected salary. I complete the questionnaire within an hour. 5.) Next day recruiter calls me back and proceeds to tell me my salary expectations are out of the range for the position. I come down 5k, I'm told they're going to discuss internally and she will call me back. I receive no call, just an email to schedule a conf. call for the 2nd interview. I can only conclude my range is acceptable. 6.) 2nd Interview with SVP over the phone -- interview goes great, slam dunk! 7.) Next day I receive emails to complete formal job application, a background check, and to formally submit 5 references to be contacted. 8.) I contact all my references to let them know to expect an email survey. Everyone completes their surveys. 9.) 2 days later I receive a call from recruiter telling me I'm qualified, possibly over-qualified, and that my salary range is simply too high and that they're moving on. I tell them that if salary is the only barrier at this point, I'm open to negotiation. Recruiter tells me she will go back to hiring manager to further discuss and contact me. 10.) 4 days later, no word. I send an email follow-up, wait 2 days for a response, still no word. I call 6 days after last contact, I'm finally told that even my base salary in my current job is out of range for this position. The very same base salary I shared on the first day of being contacted, the same base salary I shared in their online application, the same salary I shared on the phone with the 2nd recruiter, and the very same salary I shared again in her email questionnaire? How an organization allows one to get this far in the interview process (3-weeks) while knowing all along that they salary range they're coming from AND what they're looking for are BOTH out of the range budgeted for the position -- AND then at the very end blame it on the salary range completely escapes me. Complete waste of my time and what an embarrassment to have contacted former managers, co-workers, and friends for references only for this to happen.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage in November 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn about a position at Sage NA with a detailed description. After communicating back my interest in the position we spoke briefly on the telephone and went over my goals and I told him about some of the projects that I have been working on. He then contacted a Sr. Talent Acquisitions member who later contacted me via telephone to discuss the projects that I have worked on in slightly more detail. He seemed to have some technical training and asked some minor technical questions regarding the projects. Shortly after, I received a c# questionnaire that was nearly identical to some college level intro level programming course assignments. Within 3 days I was asked to do an in person interview with the team manager, dev ops manager, and two Sr. level Software Engineers. First I met with the software engineers. First, they reviewed a couple of things on my assessment to see if I recognized any things I could have done differently. Then they asked me a high level implementation question and had me white board a solution. There was a lot of low key discussion. They were mainly looking for problem solving skills and how I would go about implementing a resolution to a random problem. They never made me feel uncomfortable. It was very collaborative. I could ask questions, they would ask questions and they assessed how I went about it. Then I met with the DevOps manager and Team Manager who reviewed my interests, skills, goals, projects, and experience in agile processes. The interview ended with a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The high level implementation question and had me white board a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was provided an offer that in the end worked out to what I was asking for with the yearly bonus.

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage (McLean, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through their recruiting website (the position was not published elsewhere that I saw) Initial contact was by email then a 5 min phone screening with HR, second step was an hour phone interview with my potential n+1 (who seemed to have the hiring decision directly which was nice!) 3rd step was an hour long in person with my n+1 and met several future colleagues including my n+2(there was a very relaxed and friendly feel in the office from everyone, lots of warm smiles all around!) and was offered the job on the spot with almost 10% more salary than I asked for!

Interview Questions

• I am technically WAY overqualified for this position so it doesn't apply but I would say that it was unexpected to feel so at ease with everyone involved! :)   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy my future boss heard every assertation and agreed this is an expensive area to live

Principal Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

While it was a long, drawn out process over 4 weeks, in the end it proved worthwhile. After initial contact by the local recruiter I had to speak with the senior recruiter, which was followed by four more interviews with the hiring director, another director and two VPs. The team is distributed and on different time zones so catching up for feedback and scheduling often took some extra time. Frustrating at times and required strategic prodding from my side but given the importance and level of the position, due diligence on their part was necessary. And I appreciate their efforts. That said, every person was great to speak with. Down-to-earth, asked thoughtful, relevant questions, really listened, and exhibited patience and thought in answering my questions.

Insidw Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter at the agency as well as testing. After I passed the schedule a interview with 2 managers at Sage. Easy process with average to normal questions. It was a contract job.