Sage North America

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – Most interviews were over the phone

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone interview with HR. That went really well and the HR rep was very personable. The one on one interview took place with the sales manager. I was left waiting as he conducted a meeting with his sales staff. It started off with small chit chat, but turned formal with every cliche interview question imaginable. It got to the point that I just wanted it to be over. Many of the questions were just so germaine and nonsense.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – Because I got a foot in the door through a recommendation, the hiring process was pretty easy. I had one interview and I was hired on the spot. I'm not sure how typical this would be. HR was very organized with follow up and set up.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" is always important to answer well in a compelling way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was happy with what I was offered. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for more, because they were clear that I was the right fit.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2009.

Interview Details – Internal promotion. The typical growth path is to go from taking orders and knowing promotions to sales.

Interview Question – How would you deal with problems or issues?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary is standard. I could only negotiate to a level II (one up from level I) because I have 6 years at this company. Still, my new base of $52000 is better than what I was earning before. The new job also has over $25,000 in bonus.

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!