Sage North America

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America.

Positive and professional experience overall. Communicated in a timely way during the process, despite some duplication of effort between HR and the Hiring Manager, which resulted in a mixed message about my chances pretty far into the process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out as very difficult. I talked with 3 different managers, and they all asked questions which could be expected and straight-forward.   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sage North America.

The process was very straight forward. I submitted an online application and resume. Within a few days I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain in detail how to tie a shoe.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sage North America.

I first had several phone interviews. Following the phone interviews which were only lightly touched on technical aspects, I was flown to the company for some in person interviews.

These were one on one interviews for about an hour with 5 currently employed developers and one manager. One interviewer hit hard on the technical questions and problem solving, but the rest mostly just asked about items on my resume (had to show the knowledge).

Interview Questions
    • I had to reverse a doubly-linked list. It's not really that hard of a problem, but I felt kind of put on the spot for it   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in May 2009.

first interview will be with corporate HR as a screening
    Second will be on campus face to face with 2-3 managers asking a series of questions to rate your ability to troubleshoot and talk with customers
    typically an offer will follow a week or so later

Interview Questions
    • How would you find out how many telephone poles are between Oregon and NY   View Answer
    Little to none

Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in October 2008.

They called me around noon and asked me to update my resume and resend it which I did then they called me back and asked me to interview at 2:30 that afternoon. I went in and was interviewed by 2 team managers for position on a third manager's team. They asked me about my previous experience with computers and computer software and estimating. They asked me about my experience doing help desk work. Then they started asking me troubleshooting questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to pretend I was talking to an alien who was visiting earth for the first time and he could not see me and I could not see him. I was to tell this alien how to put on a sock and a shoe and tie the shoe.   Answer Question
    They gave me an offer and said that they would not offer any more money so not to even ask. I was unemployed at the time and figured having a job was better than not having one at all.