Sage North America

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intranet Manager Interview

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in August 2012.

Interview Details – Approached colleagues in company with questions about posted position I was interested in. Series of quick phone calls where another position was offered for consideration. 2 followup interviews with the hiring manager. Not a lot of background or skills checking occurred as my colleagues were able to attest to my skill set. Total turnaround time was one month.

Interview Question – Explain direct or related experience you've had with managing a site of this nature.   Answer Question

Director Marketing Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – applied online, got to phone interview. This happened twice with three month interval: first got excluded for not knowing a specific software for marketing automation, Eloqua. The second time the job posting appeared, the Eloqua requirement had been dropped from an otherwise identical job posting. Second time got excluded for not having had direct management experience.

Marketing Interview

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in September 2012.

Interview Details – - HR is a bit disorganized (I had flown into the city for the interview, which then was rescheduled so I had to incur costs to change flights).
- Standard questions, they move at a decent pace

Interview Question – all questions were standard, no surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated, however wasn't able to obtain the desired salary (my request was above the banding for the position)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – Because I got a foot in the door through a recommendation, the hiring process was pretty easy. I had one interview and I was hired on the spot. I'm not sure how typical this would be. HR was very organized with follow up and set up.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" is always important to answer well in a compelling way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was happy with what I was offered. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for more, because they were clear that I was the right fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in January 2010.

Interview Details – A short phone call to determine that I'm a real person (no hard questions), then an in-office interview.
Iterviewers were very professional and nice, most of the interview was the usual "describe your accomplishments" and a little surprise in the form of "take 10 minutes, write a short computer program on the whiteboard, which is supposed to demonstrate your abilities".

Interview Question – You have 10 minutes, to write a short computer program of your choice, to demonstrate your abilities best.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2009.

Interview Details – Internal promotion. The typical growth path is to go from taking orders and knowing promotions to sales.

Interview Question – How would you deal with problems or issues?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary is standard. I could only negotiate to a level II (one up from level I) because I have 6 years at this company. Still, my new base of $52000 is better than what I was earning before. The new job also has over $25,000 in bonus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sage North America

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!

Sage North America Videos

Sage North America – Why Work for Us?

Who we are: We are a global provider of the technology, software, and services small and medium sized companies need to successfully run their business. Some of our core products include accounting, enterprise resource… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage North America interview questions and advice in Canada. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sage North America employees and interview candidates.