Sage North America

44 candidate interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application, received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had about three more phone interviews from various mangers that I'd be working with in the performance of my job. It lasted about a month.

Interview Question – I was asked how and what software I would use to create a specific type of artwork for a web project---by the intranet webmaster.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than expected.

Very Easy Interview

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sage North America in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from HR. Had a phone screen with a technical architect who went over my resume and asked me how comfortable I'm with a list of technical skill set . No technical questions were asked here. I was invited to come on site to meet with the team for an interview . I first had a quick chat with the Director of the team, it was veryyy casual and basic question on experience . Met with two developers , who asked me about my experience in web development . No technical questions were asked through out the process .
Never heard back from the HR or the manager about interview result when I was told they would "certainly " let me know . I found that a little unprofessional.

Director Product Marketing Interview

Director Product Marketing
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Professional and very pleasant

Interview Question – Tell us about an experience with an underperforming direct report   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – Most interviews were over the phone

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Outbound Sales Representative
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – Positive and professional experience overall. Communicated in a timely way during the process, despite some duplication of effort between HR and the Hiring Manager, which resulted in a mixed message about my chances pretty far into the process.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out as very difficult. I talked with 3 different managers, and they all asked questions which could be expected and straight-forward.   Answer Question

Principal Business Analyst Interview

Principal Business Analyst
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in November 2013.

Interview Details – H/R Phone Interview, (4) In-person interviews with Hiring Mgr, Hiring Mgr's Peer, Peer, Mgr. of another Dept. that you would regularly work with.

Interview Question – Describe prior scenarios when project got out of hand and what measures you employed to correct course.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sage North America in October 2009.

Interview Details – worked there back in 99 in training dept. Kept in contact with a buddy that was still working there and said they were hiring. Had one interview with the dept head and got hired.

Negotiation Details – It was a good offer at the time (2008) for my position and due to the economy being so shaky, I was eager to accept.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interview Details – The recruiter was the first person to contact me. After going through a phone screen, I was scheduled for an interview onsite. After interviewing with an employee in a similar role and the hiring manager, I interviewed with a member of senior management. I received a follow-up call the next day and was told that they would be in contact shortly. Within a few days, I received a call to come in for a second interview. I met with another member of management and again with the hiring manager. The next day or two, I received a call from the recruiter with an offer. Respectable and timely process.

Interview Question – There wasn't a high degree of difficulty in any of the interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sage does a good job laying the expectation early in the interview process of the salary they are tageting and only moving forward if you are interested. By the time you get to offer, you don't have much to negotiate.

Customer Service/Technical Support Interview

Customer Service/Technical Support
Richmond, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sage North America in October 2013.

Interview Details – 15 min of interview with the HR, then 1h interview with the manager. No tricky questions, only to explain my resume and experiences.

Interview Question – I had a one hour test about accounting and windows 7 troubleshooting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negociation.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Senior Software Test Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screen. Then a face to face with a small panel from the team. It was very comfortable, not relaxing but not to stressed either. Once the interview was over it took about a week to hear back about an offer.

Interview Question – Star wars or Star Trek... Could go either way really. I think they wanted to know if I was a nerd or a geek. Turns out I'm both. Some questions about writing test cases and SDLC. not hard questions at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate. The job originally was for a Software Test Engineer, but the salary cap was lower than I was willing to take. So I declined initially. They came back with a second offer reaching my salary requirement by offering me a Sr. Test Engineer position instead of Test Engineer. I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sage North America

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!

Sage North America Videos

Sage North America – Why Work for Us?

Who we are: We are a global provider of the technology, software, and services small and medium sized companies need to successfully run their business. Some of our core products include accounting, enterprise resource… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage North America interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sage North America employees and interview candidates.