Sage North America

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sage North America in January 2011.

I had 2 on site interviews and one phone interview, one with Human Resources and one with 2 senior developers. The process was fairly fast and painless. Reaching for the first time to the building can be difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most useful Javascript framework in your opinion?   View Answer
    I was not able no negotiate because it was my first job in the country so I had to be careful.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sage North America in August 2014.

There was one interview. The process was quick. I interviewed with 3 people the whole team. It lasted 3 hours but it wasn't drawn out over several days. They made an offer quickly. It was a long interview but engaging.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of tell me a time when... questions. The questions were geared to the position and the type of commitment it would need.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate it was a contract position.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in November 2014.

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn about a position at Sage NA with a detailed description. After communicating back my interest in the position we spoke briefly on the telephone and went over my goals and I told him about some of the projects that I have been working on. He then contacted a Sr. Talent Acquisitions member who later contacted me via telephone to discuss the projects that I have worked on in slightly more detail. He seemed to have some technical training and asked some minor technical questions regarding the projects. Shortly after, I received a c# questionnaire that was nearly identical to some college level intro level programming course assignments. Within 3 days I was asked to do an in person interview with the team manager, dev ops manager, and two Sr. level Software Engineers. First I met with the software engineers. First, they reviewed a couple of things on my assessment to see if I recognized any things I could have done differently. Then they asked me a high level implementation question and had me white board a solution. There was a lot of low key discussion. They were mainly looking for problem solving skills and how I would go about implementing a resolution to a random problem. They never made me feel uncomfortable. It was very collaborative. I could ask questions, they would ask questions and they assessed how I went about it.
    Then I met with the DevOps manager and Team Manager who reviewed my interests, skills, goals, projects, and experience in agile processes. The interview ended with a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • The high level implementation question and had me white board a solution.   Answer Question
    I was provided an offer that in the end worked out to what I was asking for with the yearly bonus.

Principal Content Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America.

While it was a long, drawn out process over 4 weeks, in the end it proved worthwhile. After initial contact by the local recruiter I had to speak with the senior recruiter, which was followed by four more interviews with the hiring director, another director and two VPs. The team is distributed and on different time zones so catching up for feedback and scheduling often took some extra time. Frustrating at times and required strategic prodding from my side but given the importance and level of the position, due diligence on their part was necessary. And I appreciate their efforts.

That said, every person was great to speak with. Down-to-earth, asked thoughtful, relevant questions, really listened, and exhibited patience and thought in answering my questions.

Insidw Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sage North America.

I interviewed with the recruiter at the agency as well as testing. After I passed the schedule a interview with 2 managers at Sage. Easy process with average to normal questions. It was a contract job.

Account Executive Interview

2 interviews. First over the phone, second at the location in Irvine with two managers. Basic questions - What is your 5 year plan? Is relocating an option. How did you leave your last job?
    Why do you want to work here? What are your main weaknesses?

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about making 50+ calls per day?   View Answer
    i was happy with the offer. No negotiation was necessary.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in January 2012.

I submitted my application, received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had about three more phone interviews from various mangers that I'd be working with in the performance of my job. It lasted about a month.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how and what software I would use to create a specific type of artwork for a web project---by the intranet webmaster.   View Answer
    I was offered more than expected.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sage North America in February 2014.

Applied online and got a call from HR. Had a phone screen with a technical architect who went over my resume and asked me how comfortable I'm with a list of technical skill set . No technical questions were asked here. I was invited to come on site to meet with the team for an interview . I first had a quick chat with the Director of the team, it was veryyy casual and basic question on experience . Met with two developers , who asked me about my experience in web development . No technical questions were asked through out the process .
    Never heard back from the HR or the manager about interview result when I was told they would "certainly " let me know . I found that a little unprofessional.

Director Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in January 2010.

Professional and very pleasant

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an experience with an underperforming direct report   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sage North America.

Most interviews were over the phone