Sage North America

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sage North America.

I first had several phone interviews. Following the phone interviews which were only lightly touched on technical aspects, I was flown to the company for some in person interviews.

These were one on one interviews for about an hour with 5 currently employed developers and one manager. One interviewer hit hard on the technical questions and problem solving, but the rest mostly just asked about items on my resume (had to show the knowledge).

Interview Questions
    • I had to reverse a doubly-linked list. It's not really that hard of a problem, but I felt kind of put on the spot for it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sage North America.

Phone interview and on site interviews meeting with several team members.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical and job related. They seemed to want to make sure I would be a good fit for their team more than they were interested in experience.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America.

Initial contact performed by HR. After HR you will interview with different managers and engineers that work on the same area you are applying for. The managers and engineers will ask many technical questions. Be prepared to defend your knowledge and discuss technical scenarios

Interview Questions
    • Managers will also ask questions that are not technical but logical and cognitive, like having 9 coins and a balance. One has a different weight. Find it by only using the balance twice.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sage North America in August 2012.

Internal recruiter positions job as an immedaite hiring urgency
    4 interviews - one with recruiter and 3 other directors/VPS
    background check, and a reference check before they know which candidate they are deciding upon (most do this as a final check after they know which candidate)
    Need 5 references, dates, emails

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2012.

I recently interviewed in person with Sage. The communication between me and the hiring team from the start flowed smoothly. It started off with a technical assessment to guage my ability with some of the tools I would be using on the job. This was done through email.

After successfully passing the technical assessment, I was then scheduled for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved questions about my personality, previous projects I've worked on, and a brief overview of some of the technologies used in the projects. The interviewer was professional and any added pressure was self-inflicted.

The final stage in the hiring process was the Main Event, the in person interview at the company office. The front desk staff was professional and did their best to make sure you were comfortable. When the interview itself started, I was interviewed with one of the heads of R & D and this was just an ice breaker interview, nothing really technical. The interviewer just wanted to know where I see myself in X number of years, and what I do for fun, etc... Once that was over, another guy came in, one more technical than the first guy. He gave me an overview of how the programming teams are laid out, and just a glimpse at the day to day life of a software engineer at the company. This was easy for me too, as I was able to talk technical with this guy and I knew what I was talking about. ... Following him were 2 of the senior developers, and they again asked technical questions and gave me a problem to solve on the white board. It wasn't a bad experience..The final interviewer was a manager and this one was similar to the first interviewer. More of a look into my personality and an explanation of the company. The entire in person interview lasted approximately 3 hours.

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in April 2012.

I reached out to the mananger who was hiring for this position since I worked with him when I was previously at Sage. I was fast tracked to a face to face meeting with him.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you almost lost a deal because of something you did.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in January 2012.

I submitted my application, received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had about three more phone interviews from various mangers that I'd be working with in the performance of my job. It lasted about a month.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how and what software I would use to create a specific type of artwork for a web project---by the intranet webmaster.   View Answer
    I was offered more than expected.

Sales Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

interviewed at Sage North America in May 2011.

The interview process itself wasn't too nerve-racking, I received a call and came in for the interview. I was interviewed by the supervisor for about 20 minutes and then given a brief overview of what the position entailed and what I had to do.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Sage North America in May 2011.

Originally communicated with recruiter and hiring manager via email. Took some time to get through the interview process; went through first set of phone interviews, then a set of in-person interviews, then the process was delayed four months. Interview was picked up again and finally hired soon after.

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you dislike in a manager?   View Answer

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in March 2011.

Recruiter was very helpful and supportive. The interview was with 2 managers and we seemed to connect very well. The follow-up interview was with the Sales Director which was the most unique interview I've had because of his interest on the why behind what I do. He was not interested on the technical skills but more about the philosophy and approach to selling.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a sales environment where you do not acquire new customers but are speaking with customers who have been called multiple times by several of your colleagues?   Answer Question
    Reasonable. I had a very thorough manager who responded to my requests and follow up questions.