Sage North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Sage North America in May 2011.

Interview Details – Originally communicated with recruiter and hiring manager via email. Took some time to get through the interview process; went through first set of phone interviews, then a set of in-person interviews, then the process was delayed four months. Interview was picked up again and finally hired soon after.

Interview Question – What quality do you dislike in a manager?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sage North America in August 2012.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter positions job as an immedaite hiring urgency
4 interviews - one with recruiter and 3 other directors/VPS
background check, and a reference check before they know which candidate they are deciding upon (most do this as a final check after they know which candidate)
Need 5 references, dates, emails

Interview Question – Tell us what we should do differently   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2012.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed in person with Sage. The communication between me and the hiring team from the start flowed smoothly. It started off with a technical assessment to guage my ability with some of the tools I would be using on the job. This was done through email.

After successfully passing the technical assessment, I was then scheduled for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved questions about my personality, previous projects I've worked on, and a brief overview of some of the technologies used in the projects. The interviewer was professional and any added pressure was self-inflicted.

The final stage in the hiring process was the Main Event, the in person interview at the company office. The front desk staff was professional and did their best to make sure you were comfortable. When the interview itself started, I was interviewed with one of the heads of R & D and this was just an ice breaker interview, nothing really technical. The interviewer just wanted to know where I see myself in X number of years, and what I do for fun, etc... Once that was over, another guy came in, one more technical than the first guy. He gave me an overview of how the programming teams are laid out, and just a glimpse at the day to day life of a software engineer at the company. This was easy for me too, as I was able to talk technical with this guy and I knew what I was talking about. ... Following him were 2 of the senior developers, and they again asked technical questions and gave me a problem to solve on the white board. It wasn't a bad experience..The final interviewer was a manager and this one was similar to the first interviewer. More of a look into my personality and an explanation of the company. The entire in person interview lasted approximately 3 hours.

Interview Question – What team project were you least proud of and why?   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Customer Account Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in April 2012.

Interview Details – I reached out to the mananger who was hiring for this position since I worked with him when I was previously at Sage. I was fast tracked to a face to face meeting with him.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you almost lost a deal because of something you did.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Irvine, CA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sage North America in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very structured and controlled by an HR executive out of HQ. Submitted application online including resume, phone interview with HR executive followed by business unit and subject matter experts. Several face to face interviews were conducted.

Negotiation Details – There was very little room to negotiate. It was very much take it or leave it regarding compensation.

Interactive Designer Interview

Interactive Designer
Lawrenceville, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in October 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email from HR to setup a phone interview with her. The phone interview was only with the recruiter. A couple days later, I went in for an actual interview. I was greeted by a team member. She was nice- i noticed the cool colors of the company, which stood out to me-along with the casual dress code, which also appealed. She walked me to about 3 other team member who were awaiting my presence.They gave me some info on the company, what would be my job, and also working with team. They told me all the perks and that they were allowed to telecommute once a week. I then had a 1 on 1 with the "potential boss". This interview was still pretty easy. I then met up with his counter part who I would work with, but he seemed a bit intimidated by my skills- as if I was after his job. He also tried to trip me up asking wierd questions that really didn have anything to do what the job that I was seeking. More personal questions to basically have an excuse to weed me out. Mind you, this woud have not been my boss...just a cross team leader- who I would help with on projects here and there. You know if you dont have a certain look- your automatic disqaulified. I saw who they hired- complete opposite of me.

Interview Question – What sort of people do you stay away from?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Outbound Sales Representative
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in March 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very helpful and supportive. The interview was with 2 managers and we seemed to connect very well. The follow-up interview was with the Sales Director which was the most unique interview I've had because of his interest on the why behind what I do. He was not interested on the technical skills but more about the philosophy and approach to selling.

Interview Question – How will you handle a sales environment where you do not acquire new customers but are speaking with customers who have been called multiple times by several of your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. I had a very thorough manager who responded to my requests and follow up questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2010.

Interview Details – the normal .... talk with hiring mgr, talk with her boss, sit with reps to watch them make calls. Ugh. I wouldn't want to sit in an auto-dialer for hours every day!!

Interview Questions

• what is the worst situation you have encountered at your last job   Answer Question
  • why do you think you would succeed at Sage when you must not be satisfied at your current company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the rep I sat with said the pay is much less than what is advertised

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing
Herndon, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very haphazard for such a large organization. The interview was conducted by 2 very young, non-HR people, and it was not very professional.

Interview Question – What contacts can you bring to our company, i.e. Who is in your Rolodex?   View Answers (2)

IT Interview

IT
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sage North America in November 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts you, secondly, mgr contacts you interviews and test soft skills, top technial employee contacts you interviews and test softskills, personal face to face interview with mgr, phone interview with dept head and face to face interview with a team member.

Interview Questions