Sage North America

2.8

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in January 2012.

I submitted my application, received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had about three more phone interviews from various mangers that I'd be working with in the performance of my job. It lasted about a month.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how and what software I would use to create a specific type of artwork for a web project---by the intranet webmaster.   View Answer
    I was offered more than expected.

Sales Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

interviewed at Sage North America in May 2011.

The interview process itself wasn't too nerve-racking, I received a call and came in for the interview. I was interviewed by the supervisor for about 20 minutes and then given a brief overview of what the position entailed and what I had to do.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Sage North America in May 2011.

Originally communicated with recruiter and hiring manager via email. Took some time to get through the interview process; went through first set of phone interviews, then a set of in-person interviews, then the process was delayed four months. Interview was picked up again and finally hired soon after.

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you dislike in a manager?   View Answer

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in March 2011.

Recruiter was very helpful and supportive. The interview was with 2 managers and we seemed to connect very well. The follow-up interview was with the Sales Director which was the most unique interview I've had because of his interest on the why behind what I do. He was not interested on the technical skills but more about the philosophy and approach to selling.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a sales environment where you do not acquire new customers but are speaking with customers who have been called multiple times by several of your colleagues?   Answer Question
    Reasonable. I had a very thorough manager who responded to my requests and follow up questions.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Sage North America in March 2011.

met with HR person then director of sales. There was no sales manager at the time I was hired. Basic sales interview questions. Pretty straight forward. ABC

Interview Questions
    cookie cutter base plus commission

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in October 2010.

I received an email from HR to setup a phone interview with her. The phone interview was only with the recruiter. A couple days later, I went in for an actual interview. I was greeted by a team member. She was nice- i noticed the cool colors of the company, which stood out to me-along with the casual dress code, which also appealed. She walked me to about 3 other team member who were awaiting my presence.They gave me some info on the company, what would be my job, and also working with team. They told me all the perks and that they were allowed to telecommute once a week. I then had a 1 on 1 with the "potential boss". This interview was still pretty easy. I then met up with his counter part who I would work with, but he seemed a bit intimidated by my skills- as if I was after his job. He also tried to trip me up asking wierd questions that really didn have anything to do what the job that I was seeking. More personal questions to basically have an excuse to weed me out. Mind you, this woud have not been my boss...just a cross team leader- who I would help with on projects here and there. You know if you dont have a certain look- your automatic disqaulified. I saw who they hired- complete opposite of me.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sage North America in August 2010.

Initial HR guy called me and we did the usual meet and greet. Scheduled a phone screen call with 3 other folks: A director and two managers.

Each asked questions in turn, each with a specific topic: OO Concepts, DB Concepts, and Project Management/Team concepts.

OO Concept questions were such like "Describe polymorphism", and "What is inheritance". Many more questions along these lines.

DB Concepts: "What are primary and foreign keys used for" and "What is the purposes of indices in databases?" etc, etc.

PM/Team concepts: "Describe your understanding of Scrum". And so on.

The group/Panel interview was much different. I went to their location, and they discussed a recent project that I had worked on. This discussion essentially broke down the project so that they could understand how it was architected. They neatly (and respectfully) picked apart every single aspect of the project, asking questions and challenging ideas.

After that, they had me use a greaseboard to demonstrate any piece of that project that I worked on and was proud of. This was further analyzed and questioned.

Finally, there was a challenge in which they wiped the greaseboard clean, and presented me with a simple problem to solve. I was given a simple input and output requirement, and told not to use any existing libraries that I know of but to solve it using logic and pseudocode. This was again analyzed.

The panel interview was grueling, highly technical, and detailed. They expertly identified where I was weak and where I was strong, but they treated me with dignity and respect.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an algorithm or class library that you wrote that you are particularly proud of, and help us understand the OO concepts that you implemented in its design.   View Answer
    I negotiated for relocation assistance and salary.

I advise others to be absolutely candid and honest. Be prepared to go very, very in depth with your knowledge. Do not bluff these people. Read the requirements carefully, if you are not qualified, don't waste theirs or your time - they will examine you thoroughly and accurately.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sage North America in June 2010.

the normal .... talk with hiring mgr, talk with her boss, sit with reps to watch them make calls. Ugh. I wouldn't want to sit in an auto-dialer for hours every day!!

Interview Questions
    • what is the worst situation you have encountered at your last job   Answer Question
    • why do you think you would succeed at Sage when you must not be satisfied at your current company?   Answer Question

the rep I sat with said the pay is much less than what is advertised

Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sage North America in May 2010.

The process was very haphazard for such a large organization. The interview was conducted by 2 very young, non-HR people, and it was not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • What contacts can you bring to our company, i.e. Who is in your Rolodex?   View Answers (2)

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sage North America in March 2010.

The process started with a phone interview with HR. That went really well and the HR rep was very personable. The one on one interview took place with the sales manager. I was left waiting as he conducted a meeting with his sales staff. It started off with small chit chat, but turned formal with every cliche interview question imaginable. It got to the point that I just wanted it to be over. Many of the questions were just so germaine and nonsense.