Sage North America

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.8

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in May 2009.

first interview will be with corporate HR as a screening
    Second will be on campus face to face with 2-3 managers asking a series of questions to rate your ability to troubleshoot and talk with customers
    typically an offer will follow a week or so later

Interview Questions
    • How would you find out how many telephone poles are between Oregon and NY   View Answer
    Little to none

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sage North America in April 2009.

The interview process was very structured and controlled by an HR executive out of HQ. Submitted application online including resume, phone interview with HR executive followed by business unit and subject matter experts. Several face to face interviews were conducted.

There was very little room to negotiate. It was very much take it or leave it regarding compensation.

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sage North America in February 2009.

Phone interview is the first step. This is with the recruiter at the company. Following that is an interview with the hiring manager and a few employees. The questions that are asked are designed to see what your problem solving and customer service skill level is. Positive energy is important. A background check is always performed prior to a job offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sage North America in November 2008.

Recruiter contacts you, secondly, mgr contacts you interviews and test soft skills, top technial employee contacts you interviews and test softskills, personal face to face interview with mgr, phone interview with dept head and face to face interview with a team member.

Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in October 2008.

They called me around noon and asked me to update my resume and resend it which I did then they called me back and asked me to interview at 2:30 that afternoon. I went in and was interviewed by 2 team managers for position on a third manager's team. They asked me about my previous experience with computers and computer software and estimating. They asked me about my experience doing help desk work. Then they started asking me troubleshooting questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to pretend I was talking to an alien who was visiting earth for the first time and he could not see me and I could not see him. I was to tell this alien how to put on a sock and a shoe and tie the shoe.   Answer Question
    They gave me an offer and said that they would not offer any more money so not to even ask. I was unemployed at the time and figured having a job was better than not having one at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sage North America in March 2008.

The interview process included a couple one on one interviews then a small group interview. The hiring process was very selective.

Interview Questions
    • Give a example of a project that has gone sideways and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Director Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Sage North America.

applied online, got to phone interview. This happened twice with three month interval: first got excluded for not knowing a specific software for marketing automation, Eloqua. The second time the job posting appeared, the Eloqua requirement had been dropped from an otherwise identical job posting. Second time got excluded for not having had direct management experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America.

Because I got a foot in the door through a recommendation, the hiring process was pretty easy. I had one interview and I was hired on the spot. I'm not sure how typical this would be. HR was very organized with follow up and set up.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is always important to answer well in a compelling way.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was happy with what I was offered. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for more, because they were clear that I was the right fit.

Product Manager Interview

tell me about yourself

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sage North America in September 2012.

- HR is a bit disorganized (I had flown into the city for the interview, which then was rescheduled so I had to incur costs to change flights).
    - Standard questions, they move at a decent pace

Interview Questions
    I negotiated, however wasn't able to obtain the desired salary (my request was above the banding for the position)