Sage North America

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Business Analyst Interview

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in November 2013.

Interview Details – H/R Phone Interview, (4) In-person interviews with Hiring Mgr, Hiring Mgr's Peer, Peer, Mgr. of another Dept. that you would regularly work with.

Interview Question – Describe prior scenarios when project got out of hand and what measures you employed to correct course.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2012.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed in person with Sage. The communication between me and the hiring team from the start flowed smoothly. It started off with a technical assessment to guage my ability with some of the tools I would be using on the job. This was done through email.

After successfully passing the technical assessment, I was then scheduled for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved questions about my personality, previous projects I've worked on, and a brief overview of some of the technologies used in the projects. The interviewer was professional and any added pressure was self-inflicted.

The final stage in the hiring process was the Main Event, the in person interview at the company office. The front desk staff was professional and did their best to make sure you were comfortable. When the interview itself started, I was interviewed with one of the heads of R & D and this was just an ice breaker interview, nothing really technical. The interviewer just wanted to know where I see myself in X number of years, and what I do for fun, etc... Once that was over, another guy came in, one more technical than the first guy. He gave me an overview of how the programming teams are laid out, and just a glimpse at the day to day life of a software engineer at the company. This was easy for me too, as I was able to talk technical with this guy and I knew what I was talking about. ... Following him were 2 of the senior developers, and they again asked technical questions and gave me a problem to solve on the white board. It wasn't a bad experience..The final interviewer was a manager and this one was similar to the first interviewer. More of a look into my personality and an explanation of the company. The entire in person interview lasted approximately 3 hours.

Interview Question – What team project were you least proud of and why?   Answer Question

Interactive Designer Interview

Lawrenceville, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in October 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email from HR to setup a phone interview with her. The phone interview was only with the recruiter. A couple days later, I went in for an actual interview. I was greeted by a team member. She was nice- i noticed the cool colors of the company, which stood out to me-along with the casual dress code, which also appealed. She walked me to about 3 other team member who were awaiting my presence.They gave me some info on the company, what would be my job, and also working with team. They told me all the perks and that they were allowed to telecommute once a week. I then had a 1 on 1 with the "potential boss". This interview was still pretty easy. I then met up with his counter part who I would work with, but he seemed a bit intimidated by my skills- as if I was after his job. He also tried to trip me up asking wierd questions that really didn have anything to do what the job that I was seeking. More personal questions to basically have an excuse to weed me out. Mind you, this woud have not been my boss...just a cross team leader- who I would help with on projects here and there. You know if you dont have a certain look- your automatic disqaulified. I saw who they hired- complete opposite of me.

Interview Question – What sort of people do you stay away from?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Outbound Sales Representative
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage North America in March 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very helpful and supportive. The interview was with 2 managers and we seemed to connect very well. The follow-up interview was with the Sales Director which was the most unique interview I've had because of his interest on the why behind what I do. He was not interested on the technical skills but more about the philosophy and approach to selling.

Interview Question – How will you handle a sales environment where you do not acquire new customers but are speaking with customers who have been called multiple times by several of your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. I had a very thorough manager who responded to my requests and follow up questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sage North America in June 2010.

Interview Details – the normal .... talk with hiring mgr, talk with her boss, sit with reps to watch them make calls. Ugh. I wouldn't want to sit in an auto-dialer for hours every day!!

Interview Questions

• what is the worst situation you have encountered at your last job   Answer Question
  • why do you think you would succeed at Sage when you must not be satisfied at your current company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the rep I sat with said the pay is much less than what is advertised

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage North America in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone interview with HR. That went really well and the HR rep was very personable. The one on one interview took place with the sales manager. I was left waiting as he conducted a meeting with his sales staff. It started off with small chit chat, but turned formal with every cliche interview question imaginable. It got to the point that I just wanted it to be over. Many of the questions were just so germaine and nonsense.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!

Sage North America Videos

Sage North America – Why Work for Us?

Who we are: We are a global provider of the technology, software, and services small and medium sized companies need to successfully run their business. Some of our core products include accounting, enterprise resource… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage North America interview questions and advice in Lawrenceville, GA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sage North America employees and interview candidates.