Sage Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I first had several phone interviews. Following the phone interviews which were only lightly touched on technical aspects, I was flown to the company for some in person interviews. These were one on one interviews for about an hour with 5 currently employed developers and one manager. One interviewer hit hard on the technical questions and problem solving, but the rest mostly just asked about items on my resume (had to show the knowledge).

Interview Questions

• I had to reverse a doubly-linked list. It's not really that hard of a problem, but I felt kind of put on the spot for it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sage

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sage in July 2013.

Interview

The initial phone screen was a simple "get to know you" interview. It went well and moved onto a coding exercise. The process seemed to be delayed due to lack of propper planning by in-house recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I recently interviewed in person with Sage. The communication between me and the hiring team from the start flowed smoothly. It started off with a technical assessment to guage my ability with some of the tools I would be using on the job. This was done through email. After successfully passing the technical assessment, I was then scheduled for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved questions about my personality, previous projects I've worked on, and a brief overview of some of the technologies used in the projects. The interviewer was professional and any added pressure was self-inflicted. The final stage in the hiring process was the Main Event, the in person interview at the company office. The front desk staff was professional and did their best to make sure you were comfortable. When the interview itself started, I was interviewed with one of the heads of R & D and this was just an ice breaker interview, nothing really technical. The interviewer just wanted to know where I see myself in X number of years, and what I do for fun, etc... Once that was over, another guy came in, one more technical than the first guy. He gave me an overview of how the programming teams are laid out, and just a glimpse at the day to day life of a software engineer at the company. This was easy for me too, as I was able to talk technical with this guy and I knew what I was talking about. ... Following him were 2 of the senior developers, and they again asked technical questions and gave me a problem to solve on the white board. It wasn't a bad experience..The final interviewer was a manager and this one was similar to the first interviewer. More of a look into my personality and an explanation of the company. The entire in person interview lasted approximately 3 hours.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sage.

Interview

Phone interview - then face-to-face. Phone interview is friendly and with sensible questions. face-2-face be ready to answer very silly questions. Interviewers are also very cynical in their approach to interviews almost to point of being unfriendly to antagonistic. Be prepared to be insulted during the interview. Also, face-to-face interview displays a lot about the way the company works so it you are happy to work in an unprofessional environment then this might just be the place for you. They also have a very slow screening process. Once you apply you could be waiting weeks to even months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• none - most of the questions are loaded with assumptions without much thought.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sage (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 on site interviews and one phone interview, one with Human Resources and one with 2 senior developers. The process was fairly fast and painless. Reaching for the first time to the building can be difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are the most useful Javascript framework in your opinion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able no negotiate because it was my first job in the country so I had to be careful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sage (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

A short phone call to determine that I'm a real person (no hard questions), then an in-office interview. Iterviewers were very professional and nice, most of the interview was the usual "describe your accomplishments" and a little surprise in the form of "take 10 minutes, write a short computer program on the whiteboard, which is supposed to demonstrate your abilities".

Interview Questions

• You have 10 minutes, to write a short computer program of your choice, to demonstrate your abilities best.   Answer Question