Sage UK Ltd.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sage UK Ltd. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Good - initial interview was conducted by senior management

Interview Question – easy - where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 3 stage - more seniour at each stage

Manager Interview

Manager
Winnersh, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sage UK Ltd..

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews. 1st with the Senior Management and then the final round with the Head of Department.

The 1st interview was a scenario-based interview and touches everything from around what the role entails. All in all, it was a tough interview, but not rocket science if you know the job/ role.

2nd interview was slightly more formal and covering all aspects of soft-skills mainly and HR related questions.

Interview Question – How do you control/ handle a situation where the consultants think they know more than everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company was willing to negotiate. Basically I told the company what bracket I was looking at and they matched it.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage UK Ltd. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Shortest and least professional interview I have ever attended. The very first question about my current salary revealed that they thought a "competitive salary" was one which was 20-30% below what I'm earning now! A recent review of local salaries for my experience/qualifications in the IT industry indicated that I was above the average, but not massively so. When I pointed this out there was some embarrassed shuffling of paperwork and mumbled apologies, before I thanked them politely for their time and left, disappointed but not surprised. Some friends & previous employees had warned me previously about poor organisation at Sage, but I thought they may have progressed ; how wrong I was. A complete waste of time; Avoid!

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary ?   View Answer
  • er.. um OK so I don't think we can pay anything like that.. um what would you like to do next?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Channel Account Manager Interview

Channel Account Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sage UK Ltd. in January 2009.

Interview Details – Internal recruit. Elevated internally. Natural growth plan. One position became available after layoff and they were recruiting internally. I got the job anyway because it was my turn.

Interview Question – Do you want the job? Do you know what it entails and are you OK with the hours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. The job has an exact salary set by Human Resources.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sage UK Ltd.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage UK Ltd. interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sage UK Ltd. employees and interview candidates.