SagePoint Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SagePoint Financial in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got a Phone call from their HR department, where the lady asked to set up an interview on the spot. Went in to the first interview where I talked to the same lady that called me originally. She just asked basic questions about my background and behavioral skills. immediately after I went to talk to the VP of the branch and it was the same deal. Was asked to come back for numerous interview to make sure I was totally committed to the job. Ended up being turned off by the company because they invest zero dollars in their new hires as far as licensing and bonuses.

Interview Question – What separates you from the last person to just leave my office.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SagePoint Financial.

Interview Details – Straight forward interview process. Basic behavioral questions followed by course work questions. You should dress to impress since you'll be interacting with clients.

Interview Question – Who will I vote for?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive/Stockbroker Trainee Interview

Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at SagePoint Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview where I was basically just asked if I was still interested in the position.

After this I went onsite. Since the interview person was running late, I was grouped with the person who was suppose to interview before me. This part of the process was mainly being told what this job entailed. I was able to ask some questions. This position is by commission and he told us about stories from the guy who made 60 dollars in his first month to the guy who made 12,000 dollars in his first month. For the start you would be doing a lot of cold calls trying to acquire clients. He then told us we will know when we don't need to keep making cold calls will be "when we are too busy making money." This job is not for everybody but if working on commission and if you can get past the start then it will get more interesting.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1-10 how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SagePoint Financial in May 2009.

Interview Details – The presentation was kind of a pep-talk, as there is no salary offered with the sales position. Lots of empty motivational phrases like "if you want to make a lot of money, you can do that here," despite commissions of 1-2% for the first years. The interviewees were basically overbearing and dim confidence men. They were convincing enough. Not completely sure who would take this job.

Interview Question – On a scale from one to ten, how interested in this job are you? If you say ten, then we'll schedule another interview with you right now.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SagePoint Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SagePoint Financial interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by SagePoint Financial employees and interview candidates.