Sageworks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.6

CPA Inside Sales Interview

Interview

laid back conversation basic questions, easy enough to prepare for and spoke w/ 4 different individuals on 2 different occasions. Only one interview in person and 1 phone interview prior to that. its an interview just use your head and do not say anything stupid.

Interview Questions

• what are you doing to better yourself as a sales person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked general questions about one's strengths, weaknesses, and personality. The interviewer focused on one's qualities/characteristics, current and future goals, resume items, interest in the company, and reasons for applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sageworks.

Interview

Started with phone screen and followed by coding problems. Then they had a software engineer give a phone interview, and if passed, they would then bring you in for an on site interview. I did not pass the phone interview, but I believe it was mainly due to the fact that I was not able to articulate what my experience was. The cs questions were very straightforward

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, but they wanted to know a lot about the type of projects that you have done.   Answer Question

Finance Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Avoid this company. I applied on my campus job page. Was immediately asked to interview. Process was very unorganized. Endured 4 phone/skype interviews before they actually invited me to Raleigh. After inviting me to Raleigh, they wanted me to skype more people in the company later that week! Had to drive pretty far with no reimbursement for gas and didn't get offered despite being rushed through the interview process like a serious candidate. They didn't offer to fly me and I felt pressured to drive very soon after the invitation, even though they never actually specified when they wanted me to come. All interviews are behavioral and easy, but I think the whole process is an attempt to throw you off and show them your flexibility at you inconvenience. They always talk about the "start up feel" of the company, but it's been operating too long and is too big to be a start up. The "start up feel" is simply the excuse for the outrageous hours, lack of benefits, below average pay, and unorganized atmosphere. You're too good for this company, do yourself a favor and save your time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sageworks.

Interview

Everyone was very nice and friendly. Nice office, good team. Wasn't asked anything that caught me off guard. Interviewed with four different folks. Was mostly asked about my resume and educational background. They were interested in the extent of my knowledge/experience with the technologies listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. It helps if you're ready to talk about what you did in previous projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sageworks.

Interview

Had a quick phone interview and was quickly shuffled in the next day to take an on-site interview. I should have known better when I was told that I would be taking an interview slot that was slated for another candidate that cancelled. Before going in for the interview I perused the reviews on Glassdoor and saw a disturbing trend of poor work / life balance, working excessive hours, a downtrodden workforce, etc. When raising these concerns with the hiring point of contact, I was told that this information is not quite accurate and that on average developers work 45hrs a week and sometimes more during released. I went in for an interview anyway and met with two senior developers who've worked here 10+ years and a project manager that has worked here about 5+ years. It's hard to put my finger on it, but there was just a strangeness to these meetings. The senior developers just didn't seem have a command of the interview and generally seemed to lack an understand of best practice. The project manager seemed intense but there was just something unsavory about the whole experience. They seemed to be spending more time trying to convince me to come work for them than the other way around. The few technical questions they asked were extremely surface level, and from what I gathered about their existing systems, it seems like things are a mess. Despite what the hiring point of contact stated about normal work hours, each of the three people I interviewed with made it very clear that they work long hours (70ish per week), and that every 2-3 months they have a release (on Friday!) where folks stay till 2-3am, then come back Sat. and work the day, and then if things are all clear they go back to their "normal" work hours (70+ hours a week). They don't write unit tests, so most of their time is spent during releases fixing programatic bugs that could have otherwise been caught by a unit test suite and CI. Things are very manual for a dev shop that's been around this long. After the on-site interview I knew that this was not the place for me, and I submitted notification that I would be moving on in my search. At this point the hiring point of contact reached out to me and practically begged me to join and that I could make my own hours and seemingly set my own terms. I also received a follow up call in addition to an email restating the same things, that I could in effect set my own terms. I seem a fundamental problem with this in that the company has a track record and has a culture that has ingrained in it a desire to work hard and not smart. I would argue that one person cannot be guaranteed to change a culture, and that there would be betterment and resentment when I get up at 5pm to leave for the day and others are staying until 7-8pm at night. I just don't see how this could work...Be wary of employers who claim ultimate flexibility and that appear to be bending over backwards for you to come work for them. I'm personally going to run 100mph in the opposite direction...

Read above

Project Manager Interview

Interview

phone screen

allergic to dogs

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sageworks (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Worked with their internal recruiting staff who found me on a job posting website. I did a phone screen and then was asked to come in. I have no idea what sort of deliberation took place on their end after, but I left the interview knowing I was not going to be what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• The thing I will remember from this interview the most is the very interesting blend of personalities of the people I spoke to in succession. From whom I suspect to be their resident genius, to someone extremely shy, to someone overly hyped up.   Answer Question

PR Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sageworks (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

submitted resume and did a phone interview, I expect that there was a second round interview but I was not invited. I found the posting for the position online and was contacted via email by the manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sageworks.

Interview

Had one phone interview, followed by an in-person interview where I was interviewed by 2-3 individuals - each interview lasting about 20 minutes. After this I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions--nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question