Sageworks

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sageworks in December 2013.

Interview Details – Response for phone interview was fast (3 days after applying), but there is no follow up result.

Interview Question – How you answer a question that has no answer   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sageworks.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview, followed by an in-person interview where I was interviewed by 2-3 individuals - each interview lasting about 20 minutes. After this I was made an offer.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions--nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sageworks.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen followed by a technical phone interview and an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Typical questions about OOP.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sageworks in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by Recruiter- Phone interview

Spoke with Director of Sales- Phone interview

Went into office for final interview. Met with recruiter and director. Then met with sales manager. Then met with his supervisor.

During all three in office interviews all the interviewers basically described that this was not a good job. They told me the pay was low and the first year at the company was intense.

They said they do not value your opinion until you have proved yourself.
If you succeed they will push you for more and more sales.
This is not a 9-5 job... much longer hours.
The supervisor said all the bad reviews were true and there was a lot of negative talk about the job around the office.

Overall I felt that the entry interview was negative. I was overqualified and would not recommend this for people that have sales experience.

I did appreciate that they were candid and basically told me that the job was awful.

Interview Question – How do you overcome failure? What if you are not able to overcome the failure?

Do you think you will be able to stick it out in the job making 120+ cold calls a day?

Tell me about yourself.

Tell me about your background and why you want to do this job.
  Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Sageworks

Interview Details – I applied and was brought in for an interview. The interview lasted 2 hours and the location was very junky and cluttered. They want you to work 12 hours a day. The person interviewing me repeatedly mentioned how she was interviewing people from Yale and Cornell. Not sure if this was an intimidation strategy but it was rude.

Interview Question – They repeatedly asked me about leadership skills. They drilled my brain for 2 hours with 3 different people and asked the same questions but in different ways. They wanted ways that I have demonstrated leadership, questions that I had for the organization, information about my intern experience and of course why I wanted to work for the organization. Not a fan of how they did the interview. This was a strange interview and the longest one that I have ever been on. If you are interviewed by this organization make sure to block a few hours out of your schedule. They repeatedly asked about leadership and said that was the major thing that I was lacking. The interviewer said that I should email her if I think of anything--I asked for a time frame and the person said she would leave it up to me. Odd. Very odd.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sageworks in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter whom was very nice and helpful. Seemed like a great company. The actual in person interview was very male dominated. As a female I was told that I would have a hard time in this industry because I would be dealing with older males and that females rarely succeed at their company by the senior sales manager. I was also told that they are worried that females would possibly flirt to make a sale. It was a highly inappropriate interview.

Interview Question – How was a female I thought I could succeed in a banking sales environment   View Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Sageworks in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was quite pleasant, in person was with several key managers. They were very honest and upfront about call volumes. However they do not lay out details on exact opportunities.

Interview Question – None, the management does not subscribe to any type of behavioral questioning or interview techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate on base salary or commision structure

Very Easy Interview

Sales Account Executive Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sageworks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty smooth but hired in waves.

Interview Question – None, at times I did not have a chance to speak.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Consultant Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sageworks in June 2010.

Interview Details – I met with several of the people on the team and had 30 to 60 minute interviews with each....then i met with my manager and then someone from the executive team. In all was about 5 interviews and it was 2-way where i was asked what i wanted to do in my career which i really liked.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time where i had to lead people through a challenging experience to have success.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sageworks in February 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after an online resume submission. A phone interview was scheduled for the following week. The phone interview was wide ranging on my skill set, background, and fit for the position. It was a pretty standard first interview and mainly for fit and relevant experience. Nothing difficult in questioning or case interview type questions but was rather lengthy for a first phone interview. Total interview lasted 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sageworks

Worked for Sageworks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sageworks interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sageworks employees and interview candidates.