Saggezza Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.7

Director, Client Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Saggezza in June 2014.

I met with three members of the management team, COO, VP Client Services, and VP Sales. The interviews went well. I then met with the VP of Client Services for a face-to-face interview. Overall the process went smooth. It was a process that took a couple months.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions. But I suppose being able to verbally translate how many of my skills were applicable to "selling" was the question I prepared for the most...and as I expected, I was asked about my sales experience.   Answer Question
    I was confident a job offer was coming. I researched salary ranges for this type of job. When the offer came, I gratefully thanked them for the offer and requested 24 hours to consider it. The next day I provided a counter offer. The company made it's counter offer (which I completely expected) and I accepted it.

Interactive Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza in June 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by HR - typical background screening questions. Next, had a phone interview with a manager - discussed the position and my background. After this, went to their office for 1-1 interviews. Met with 4 different members from their team. Everything seemed to go well - however, then things got dicey. The HR rep sent an email saying she needed references in order to proceed to the next step. I explained I was concerned about providing references from my current employer since they were not aware I was searching for another job. She assured me that she would NOT contact my current employer unless I received and accepted an offer from them. They made it seem like they did want to proceed to an offer so trusting her I gave her 3 references, all from my current employer, all with titles and company name next to them. One week later I found out she had contacted all of my references without informing me.

The rep told me she "accidentally" thought my references were from past employers, even though the company name was clearly indicated next to each contact. This lack of attention to detail not only put me in an awkward situation at work but put my job at jeopardy.

While the HR rep was trying to touch base with my references, I received a time sensitive offer from another company. Saggezza was my preference so I informed them of my offer and timeline. Days passed, and eventually even the deadline for the other opportunity when I finally heard back from her that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Unfortunately this process ended up damaging my reputation with my current employers and ultimately resulted in being forced to go part time. While I have the utmost respect for the team I interviewed with, the incompetence of this HR representative certainly made me think twice about this company.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza.

Phone screen, interview with one of developer, on site. Most of the questions asked were behavioral (tell me about a time when...). There were hardly any technical questions. They highly value candidate with people skill than their techical background. During the group interview I felt that other candidate were of lower quality. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do consulting right after I graduated and after this interview I know for a fact that I do not want to do consulting.

Low pay, consulting

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza.

I was contacted by Recruiting about an opportunity, after which I had a basic screening interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with a VP that covered resume history as well as behavioral and situational interview questions. Later, I had a phone interview with C-suite leadership and did an office visit to meet a number of folks. I was made an offer shortly thereafter and accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza in October 2013.

I was invited to apply through my university's career services and I did so. The initial phone interview was a short 20 minute "get to know you" with HR that lead to an hour long phone interview a week later with a recruiter. I expected technical questions, though there were about a dozen behavioral questions with one vague technical question about how one might test an application. This led to a 5 hour on-site interview with about a dozen other candidates. All but a half an hour of this was them telling me about the company - lots of hearing from employees and talking about projects and culture and what your training would be like. The half an hour interview at the end was essentially a "resume" interview ("I see you did this, talk about it"), no technical questions.

I must admit the lunch they took us to was nice - an Italian place with killer bread.

Interview Questions
    • During the behavioral phone interview I was asked two nearly identical questions (both about sharing examples of leadership) back to back which through me off. So I'd recommend having a couple stories ready to go.   Answer Question

I was lukewarm about consulting, and the on-site interview solidified that for me. But also, during the group interview, I got the sense that my fellow candidates were of lower quality than fellow candidates at other interviews. And throughout the interview process, there was not a single technical question (well maybe half of one question) for what appeared to be a programming job. I got the sense I could find somewhere else with a higher quality of devs.

The offer, while I wouldn't consider it overwhelmingly low (it's about what I expected to end up with going into my search), was decidedly lower than all of my other offers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza in October 2013.

HR e-mail communications-->Phone screening-->In Person Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saggezza in December 2012.

phone interview - it was pretty good. they asked me about my background, my current salary expectations, my future job expectations.

Interview Questions
    • talked about previous consultant experience and focused more on Functional spec documents   View Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Saggezza in March 2012.

The phone interview was extremely laid back. All the recruiter did was go through my resume with me on the phone. Then, she emailed a couple of days later to set up an hour block of time for an interview. The 1:1 interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews with two different employees. One is from the technical side of Saggezza and the other is more on the financial side. Basic questions were asked (nothing stood out). Not too bad of an interview.

Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza in February 2012.

Started off as a normal phone interview, and transitioned into a on college campus interview. This inteview was first with a technical manager and was more technical in nature. After about a half hour with him, I then went and talked to a HR rep for about another half hour. After this was completed, I was given a hotel in Chicago and went by the Saggezza office.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saggezza in November 2011.

Initial round was easy one basically resume walkthrough and talk abt projects.Next was 1:1 skype interview with manager,asked some Q-what will ur manager say about u?how did u handle conflicts,deadlines,pressue,any mistakes u did in previous job?Last round was behavioral and technical interview with 3 persons in the call. They asked Q based on technical skills in the resume.