Saia Motor Freight

Updated Dec 20, 2014
Updated Dec 20, 2014

2.2

Material Handler/Forklift Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight.

Came in spoke to the dock supervisor. was asked about experience working on the dock. drove forklift,stacked and unstacked skids. Was asked could I pass a drug test and background check

none base starting pay

Inside Sales Representative/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight.

Had a short phone interview with the manager, was sent a personality test after, and then a face to face the next day. I did not get a good vibe about the company when speaking with the manager. He flat out told me that the youngest person working here is 24 years old, and he does not like to hire anyone younger than that, especially people who are straight out of college. He then told me about how he has had to fire several people who did not "meet his expectations", and then he told me that the start date was barely a week from the interview- so no two week notice for my current job. His reasoning for this was,"When you give your notice and you're a sales rep, the company wants you out asap anyway". Not a good sign when your potential boss openly acknowledges that he is an ageist, doesn't mind firing you, and would show you little to no respect if you decide to part ways.

Interview Questions
    • I was requested to role play a sales call with the interviewing manager.   Answer Question

City Pick Up and Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online, It took almost a year before I was contacted; you have to resubmit after six months. I received a call and then scheduled an interview. Make sure you lay all cards on the table, they will know more than you do about driving records.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Nothing to it, they tell you how the payscale works and if you agree, you take the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight in November 2013.

Application
    Face to face interview
    Phone interview
    Offer letter that was sent to me with a week to think about it. Available for negotiating and thoughts

Once offer accepted was able to start working after two weeks as allowed to give previous employer time

Interview Questions
    I didn't do any negotiating

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight in September 2013.

I was found by a recruiter. They set up the interview time. Met with direct manager first time. Basic questions, main focus point was whether or not you were hungry. Met with another manager second time, same questions. 3rd interview was offer, then background checks and drug testing.

Expedited Dispatcher Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight in July 2013.

I was hired through a staffing agency. Initial interview was non traditional. We went over my resume and past work experience. I wasnt asked any dorky interview questions. we actually had a conversation and discussed the transportation industry as a whole.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what were my salary requirements.

Dock Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight in June 2013.

One phone interview and a sit down interview. Hired the next day! There was not any difficult questions. The employer just wanted to know what my work experience was and how long I have been doing it.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions... Just what I have done in the past.   Answer Question
    n/a

Night Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Saia Motor Freight in February 2013.

Applied online then was contacted for an interview. Came in for a group introduction to the company and testing to see if I qualified for a second interview. After passing the test, came in to second interview which was more of a meet and greet with upper management to see if I wanted the job and to get my papers to take a drug test. Was offered the job. Management was straight forward but nice. Work environment was casual and quiet.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was being tested although I don't recall any specific questions as they were all unfamiliar to me. Nothing in the interview was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    The shift you work and salary were all predetermined prior to going into the interview so there was not much to negotiate. The company however was a little flexible with my start and end times.

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight in January 2013.

Online app via careerbuilder. In person interview, which isn't easy for an OTR driver who is only off on weekends, but it is understandable.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Saia Motor Freight.

The whole process lasted about 1 week for me. I spoke with a 3rd party recruiter first, went in for my 1st interview with the RSM and then less than a week later went in for my 2nd on site interview with the VP of Sales. I had an offer within 2 days. The first interview was very laid back while the scond interview was a bit more structured and rigorous.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell me your on your former company's services. It was expected, but nerves always get the best of you in an interview.   Answer Question
    The salary and benefits were highly competitive... I felt no need to negotiate.