Saia Motor Freight Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight.

Interview

I had to go on the website and apply several times before I received a call for a interview. The interview process was short and I really like the supervisors there.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you been through to prepare you for this opportunity?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the same week to come in for an interview. Received another phone call within a week to come in for a 2nd interview. About a week later I received a phone call with a verbal offer and received the written offer a week after that.

Business Acquisition Representative Interview

Interview

The whole process took about a month. I submitted my resume and was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview at the end of which an in person interview was scheduled. The day after the in person they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Salary was competitive, however.

Regional Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight.

Interview

first there is a phone interview. second is a face to face interview. a third interview is either face to face or phone. they asked a lot of questions about my past work history and how that would relate to the job i was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you qualify for this job   1 Answer

Terminal Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight (Columbia, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was appropriately dressed (or so I thought) in business attire and had performed research about the company. I went into the terminal arriving a few minutes early and met the regional manager who was filling in. I felt I could do the job as I told him I just needed to learn their database and scheduling procedures.. I got the felling this man either felt I was overqualified or didn't want to get my hands dirty (might have been the suit).

Interview Questions

• He really only asked me one question? Why do I want to work for this company?   2 Answers

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the training operations supervisor at a University recruiting event. I was contacted approximately 2 months after meeting to come on site for an interview. When I got there he showed me where I would be primarily working, which would be on the shipping dock unloading/loading trucks and operating a forklift rotating shifts. We talked for about 10 - 15 minutes and he also asked if I would be okay to work in a non air-conditioned environment in the summer heat. We then went into the room for an interview where I was asked for the most part basic interview questions. Still waiting on a response back for second interview. It was a good experience for the most part. Seems to be a physically demanding job, however I am up to any challenge.

Interview Questions

• What qualities would you like to see in a manager/supervisor? What projects have you done in school? Describe a time you took a leadership role?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application & online personality test, had 2 interviews,background check and another interview. One of the first interviewers said I would be called the next day with the next steps. Received an email from 'Saia Management' indicating I was not selected for the role, but that they would keep me in mind for other opportunities. Very odd way to receive rejection, when all other indicators were positive.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why are you relocating to CA?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a short phone interview followed by a face to face interview at a later date. Typing test was required and you must exceed 45 wpm. The entire process from first contact until signing the paperwork was completed within two weeks. I also shadowed a current employee for about half an hour to get an idea what the job was like in advance.

Material Handler/Forklift Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight.

Interview

Came in spoke to the dock supervisor. was asked about experience working on the dock. drove forklift,stacked and unstacked skids. Was asked could I pass a drug test and background check

Negotiation

none base starting pay

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saia Motor Freight (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Had a short phone interview with the manager, was sent a personality test after, and then a face to face the next day. I did not get a good vibe about the company when speaking with the manager. He flat out told me that the youngest person working here is 24 years old, and he does not like to hire anyone younger than that, especially people who are straight out of college. He then told me about how he has had to fire several people who did not "meet his expectations", and then he told me that the start date was barely a week from the interview- so no two week notice for my current job. His reasoning for this was,"When you give your notice and you're a sales rep, the company wants you out asap anyway". Not a good sign when your potential boss openly acknowledges that he is an ageist, doesn't mind firing you, and would show you little to no respect if you decide to part ways.

Interview Questions

• I was requested to role play a sales call with the interviewing manager.   Answer Question