Saint Barnabas Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saint Barnabas Medical Center

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

First interview was one on one with the Nurse Recruiter. The 2nd interview was a peer interview with unit manager, and then 3 staff RNs. Spent about 30 minutes with the staff RNs. I was told that they are trained for what type of questions to ask, and that this is a new idea that the hospital has rolled out recently.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a situation with a difficult family member that you could not handle?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation - salary based on experience, set by the union.

Mental Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Interview

It took them about two weeks to get back to me and schedule an interview. I went in, and the interview was very informal. I was shown around the place and told about the three different sections of the center. They asked me questions about things on my resume and relevant experience. I have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard or unexpected questions. All they asked was if I had any experience.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saint Barnabas Medical Center (West Orange, NJ).

Interview

Six in-person interviews total. Initial interview with HR representative, department head, and colleague. Came back another day to interview with immediate supervisor, another director at supervisor's level, and department head's supervisor. All were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure and how did you overcome it/what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first office job out of college and there wasn't much room to negotiate sinceI had no experience.