Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

Interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Interview Details – Made an appointment with HR representative through school of business. Was a very informal conversation

Interview Question – I was unsure of the structure of the interview since it was informal   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Worcester, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in September 2010.

Interview Details – I heard back from the company about a week after submitting my résumé online to schedule the standard telephone interview. Within a few days of the interview, I was told I had been selected to come on site for interviews with some additional management folks . Overall, the people were friendly and didn't ask too many tough questions. The building itself is a bit run down looking and part of the campus has been sold to a school , which makes for an interesting first impression. There were a few other people interviewing for the same role. We all met in a conference room and they handed us each our own interview schedule to meet with the various individuals. We had lunch as a group at the end of the interviews...which was sort of an unofficial interview to check the social skills of each candidate, as sales people must be socially apt.

Interview Question – The questions were all very standard questions, primarily focusing on your résumé. The trainings manager asked questions such as "tell me about a time when you faced a conflict and how you handled the situation"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

WW Director of Financial Reporting & Business Controls Interview

WW Director of Financial Reporting & Business Controls
Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process for me was temp to perm via a staffing agency. After being there for six months I was asked by the hiring manager to consider assuming the role on a permanent basis.

Interview Question – "Tell me a bit about yourself"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. The offer was agreeable.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Interview Details – I was interviewed by once by the manager and a second time with the director. They asked about my experience I listed on my resume. They also asked me to describe myself. After they gave me a tour of the facility. I thought it was an easy process.

Very Easy Interview

Industrial Marketing Intern Interview

Industrial Marketing Intern
Worcester, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in May 2011.

Interview Details – very easy and low key, had 2 phone interviews with HR and the person that would be my boss, very low key, nice

Interview Question – Where do you see Social Media impacting marketing?   Answer Question

Senior Buyer and Logistic Coordinator Interview

Senior Buyer and Logistic Coordinator
Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in January 2012.

Interview Details – Positive and professional people.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job?   View Answer
  • What could you not do in your last/previous job that you wanted to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Professional

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Interview Details – They asked almost all of your basic questions. Where do you see yourself in five years and things like that. It was very laid back and it helped when you felt comfortable. This was one of the better experiences that I have had with interviews. Still waiting to hear back about the job.

Interview Question – Basic Questions   Answer Question

Full Time and Internship Interview

Full Time and Internship

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in March 2011.

Interview Details – Intensive questions for my graduate work, knowledge of grinding and polishing processes, interactions between tool and workpiece, data acquisition, data analysis, etc

Interview Question – What type of grinding process you know, interactions between tool and workpiece   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in May 2010.

Interview Details – So far, I am just at the first step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain what your most successful and proud moment has been in your career thus far?   View Answer
  • Explain your past work experiences and why you have left those positions.   View Answer

Trainee Interview

Trainee

The process took a day - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in June 2007.

Interview Details – three interviewers... but interview pretty normal

Interview Question – ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – other offer more interesting

Worked for Saint-Gobain Abrasives? Contribute to the Community!