Saint-Gobain

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Saint-Gobain

Interview Details – Interviews were very structured and quick. When the company wants to make something happen, or even if there are hiccups, the company will work hard to accommodate your requests. I would suggest the interviewer be prepared to ask a lot of questions to sniff out the challenges of the job prior to accepting an offer.

Interview Question – What are your short-term and long-term goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly straightforwad.

Technical Sales Representative/Applications Engineer Interview

Technical Sales Representative/Applications Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in May 2014.

Interview Details – Online application with cover letter submitted. Contacted by HR 1 1/2 weeks later to schedule phone interview. Initial interview by HR over the phone with detailed questions about resume. Second phone interview with positions manager 1 week later. Finally, meeting out of town with team for final interview. Very friendly and questions going both ways. Each member of the team (2 managers and HR) had a form with questions/topics to discuss. Very detailed.

Interview Question – Asked about methods used to "cold call" potential new customers.   View Answer

Management Interview

Management
Northborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in January 2014.

Interview Details – The whole interview process with Saint-Gobain was a good experience. The recruiter followed up with me frequently to ensure I was being contacted by others to keep the process moving. While it took about two months to get through the interviewing prior to offer, it was done well.

Interview Question – What do you bring to this position that no one else can?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Northborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Saint-Gobain.

Interview Details – Speed interview. Half day with 2 other candidates. Started at 7:30am, required to give a 20-30 min presentation 4 times back to back to various groups. Next was a tour of the campus and then lunch. All went very fast. Barely had time to ask questions as I was presenting or answered them most of the time. There was a host who followed me all day which helped a lot. Generally people were exceptionally nice. No curveball questions. Had an answer back in 3 business days.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected but be prepared to talk about your resume and know you presentation by heart.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Made an offer and it was accepted. No negotiation.

Shipping Coordinator Interview

Shipping Coordinator
Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in July 2010.

Interview Details – People were friendly, realistic and down-to-earth. It was a comfortable interview and felt like the right fit. I met with people from 3 different departments and was excited about the prospects for growth within the company. I received a call-back fairly quickly and got started right away. The people there are knowledgeable and care about their work- they just want to see that you'll also care about what they do there.

Interview Question – The questions about times where I had solved a problem or how I interact with difficult people. Having not had much experience yet, I had to stretch to think of situations that fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation happened, I accepted the offer for a temporary position.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very slow and deliberate process that started with recruiter phone interview; followed by phone interviews with potential managers; followed by 1/2-day group interviews; finished with an interview with Plant Manager. Very slow process that at times I wondered if they were even interested.

Interview Question – No surprises in terms of questions - not gotchas; focused on cultural fit; team work; problem solving; and being able to handle a slow but deliberate moving company- patience.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist At the Human Resources Interview

Administrative Specialist At the Human Resources

I applied in-person and interviewed at Saint-Gobain.

Interview Details – I have passed through two interviews first was with my direct boss the HR Director secondly with the Managing Director

Interview Question – what do you think you ll gain from working at Saint-Gobain?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the offer was very good at the time

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Poestenkill, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in July 2013.

Interview Details – It is unbelievable that this company does this in the interview. I got the phone call from HR, and was told to do an onsite interview without any phone screen interview. And she told me that the tolls, gas can be reimbursed. I emailed her after the interview about the position and the reimbursement, no response. Then I called her instead and she said she was busy and would send me paycheck in the coming week. After one more month, I received nothing. She doesn't reply my email or answer my phone any more. If you can't reimburse, you can tell me after the interview, it is ok. but I can't believe that the way they work.

Interview Question – didn't ask many questions, they spent most of the time talking about the position and the company   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Worcester, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to an ad by an external recruiter so initially I did not know who the company was. But I know they do post jobs directly as well. So I was told I had an appointment for an initial phone screen with the company's internal HR recruiter out of their Pennsylvania office.

Interview Question – Apparently the HR recruiters at Saint Gobain are very experienced as I was very surprised about the level of detail that was asked about my previous experience. I was asked very specific questions about my accounting knowledge, excel knowledge, etc.. I had previously assumed the HR recruiter would ask more "general" questions only and that the hiring manager would ask the specifics of my experience if I advanced to the next step in the process.   Answer Question

Web Content Manager Interview

Web Content Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in March 2012.

Interview Details – I found this job posted on-line. It was posted for months and I didn't apply because I wasnt' familiar with the company and then I saw it on a government job board and took a closer look at the company and discovered how large and established they are. I interviewed at the plant I work at now and with and with two groups of people plus a video conference interview with individuals from Europe.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, I'd interviewed at Amazon and REI before this and it was a great change of pace that they just talked to me honestly about my experience instead of asking trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am a bad negotiator, I just accepted.

Worked for Saint-Gobain? Contribute to the Community!