Saint-Gobain

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.1

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Saint-Gobain.

20 minutes explaining the process and terms and than about 30 minutes of the Supervisor explaining the procedures and why the company was hiring to catch up on there back log.

Sustainability Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Saint-Gobain in October 2014.

Talked to recruiters during university career fair. Scheduled an interview time with them the next day on-campus. Was told that I would hear back via a phone call if I was selected for the next steps. Received a phone call some weeks later and told I would get an email from the director of the department hiring. Received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview conducted that same week. Offer came ~1 month later by phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you personally interested in sustainability and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interviews were very structured and quick. When the company wants to make something happen, or even if there are hiccups, the company will work hard to accommodate your requests. I would suggest the interviewer be prepared to ask a lot of questions to sniff out the challenges of the job prior to accepting an offer.

Fairly straightforwad.

Technical Sales Representative/Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint-Gobain in May 2014.

Online application with cover letter submitted. Contacted by HR 1 1/2 weeks later to schedule phone interview. Initial interview by HR over the phone with detailed questions about resume. Second phone interview with positions manager 1 week later. Finally, meeting out of town with team for final interview. Very friendly and questions going both ways. Each member of the team (2 managers and HR) had a form with questions/topics to discuss. Very detailed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about methods used to "cold call" potential new customers.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Saint-Gobain.

Speed interview. Half day with 2 other candidates. Started at 7:30am, required to give a 20-30 min presentation 4 times back to back to various groups. Next was a tour of the campus and then lunch. All went very fast. Barely had time to ask questions as I was presenting or answered them most of the time. There was a host who followed me all day which helped a lot. Generally people were exceptionally nice. No curveball questions. Had an answer back in 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected but be prepared to talk about your resume and know you presentation by heart.   View Answer
    Made an offer and it was accepted. No negotiation.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Saint-Gobain in January 2014.

The whole interview process with Saint-Gobain was a good experience. The recruiter followed up with me frequently to ensure I was being contacted by others to keep the process moving. While it took about two months to get through the interviewing prior to offer, it was done well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to this position that no one else can?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist At the Human Resources Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Saint-Gobain.

I have passed through two interviews first was with my direct boss the HR Director secondly with the Managing Director

Interview Questions
    • what do you think you ll gain from working at Saint-Gobain?   View Answer
    the offer was very good at the time

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poestenkill, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poestenkill, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Saint-Gobain in July 2013.

It is unbelievable that this company does this in the interview. I got the phone call from HR, and was told to do an onsite interview without any phone screen interview. And she told me that the tolls, gas can be reimbursed. I emailed her after the interview about the position and the reimbursement, no response. Then I called her instead and she said she was busy and would send me paycheck in the coming week. After one more month, I received nothing. She doesn't reply my email or answer my phone any more. If you can't reimburse, you can tell me after the interview, it is ok. but I can't believe that the way they work.

Interview Questions
    • didn't ask many questions, they spent most of the time talking about the position and the company   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saint-Gobain in November 2012.

I applied to an ad by an external recruiter so initially I did not know who the company was. But I know they do post jobs directly as well. So I was told I had an appointment for an initial phone screen with the company's internal HR recruiter out of their Pennsylvania office.

Interview Questions
    • Apparently the HR recruiters at Saint Gobain are very experienced as I was very surprised about the level of detail that was asked about my previous experience. I was asked very specific questions about my accounting knowledge, excel knowledge, etc.. I had previously assumed the HR recruiter would ask more "general" questions only and that the hiring manager would ask the specifics of my experience if I advanced to the next step in the process.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Saint-Gobain in October 2012.

Very slow and deliberate process that started with recruiter phone interview; followed by phone interviews with potential managers; followed by 1/2-day group interviews; finished with an interview with Plant Manager. Very slow process that at times I wondered if they were even interested.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises in terms of questions - not gotchas; focused on cultural fit; team work; problem solving; and being able to handle a slow but deliberate moving company- patience.   Answer Question