Saint-Gobain Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Research Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saint-Gobain (Northborough, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Tough interviews. Talked with six R&D employees in 2 hours. The interviews were very tight and I hardly have time to ask a question. They asked a lot of detailed information in my resume. Understanding every word on the resume is really important. R&D engineers liked asking technical questions. The manager of the group is nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe the managing style that you don't like.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint-Gobain (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Great interviews. I was actively seeking new employment though I was currently employed. The local Manager was easy to get along with, The recruiter (telephone) was informative. The Regional Manager was very thorough (2d interview).

Interview Questions

• The interview was great. I am providing feedback for other candidates related to the hiring process; I was offered a role with the Company. In fact, the role was promoted to a greater role than to which I originality applied. Excitedly, I SUBMITTED MY 2wk NOTICE WITH MY CURRENT EMPLOYER and I submitted information for background checks conducted by 3rd party. **When I reported for my urinalysis, my name was entered wrong (not mis-spelled, completely wrong). **The 3rd party later (again) contacted me for "residence information" for living in Europe, but I have never lived in Europe. I told them that I worked for a European based Company in the US. **The 3rd party called me a few days later and said that they could not verify my employment with the European Company and wanted me to contact the Company. I told them that my contacting them would not fulfill their need to verify. Still, I gave them an alternate telephone number. **The 3rd party also could not attain copies of my High School transcripts. I finally gave up. I did not see the value in working for a Company that uses a third party background Company who cannot complete background checks.   1 Answer

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Saint-Gobain.

Interview

I was contacted by company recruiter and my information was forwarded. I was then scheduled for an hour interview to interview for both positions. At that time I was in the process of accepting an offer so informed them that I was no longer I interested.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saint-Gobain.

Interview

Very long and needs lot of preparation including presentation. Thesis presentaion or previous work presentaion. Tough questions were related to in depth technical studies. You need to know what you are talking about in your presentation at depth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Saint-Gobain.

Interview

20 minutes explaining the process and terms and than about 30 minutes of the Supervisor explaining the procedures and why the company was hiring to catch up on there back log.

Sustainability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Saint-Gobain in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to recruiters during university career fair. Scheduled an interview time with them the next day on-campus. Was told that I would hear back via a phone call if I was selected for the next steps. Received a phone call some weeks later and told I would get an email from the director of the department hiring. Received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview conducted that same week. Offer came ~1 month later by phone.

Interview Questions

• Why are you personally interested in sustainability and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Essentials of Leadershi[ Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saint-Gobain (Malvern, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at Campus Recruiting Event, was asked to come back next day for an interview. First interview consisted of behavioral and resume based questions, then asked what I knew about the company and position. Had a final round interview a month later in their office, had 4 different 30 minute interviews with different managers of their department. Asked about resume, what I knew about the position, asked if I had any questions for them.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Interviews were very structured and quick. When the company wants to make something happen, or even if there are hiccups, the company will work hard to accommodate your requests. I would suggest the interviewer be prepared to ask a lot of questions to sniff out the challenges of the job prior to accepting an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly straightforwad.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint-Gobain (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Online application with cover letter submitted. Contacted by HR 1 1/2 weeks later to schedule phone interview. Initial interview by HR over the phone with detailed questions about resume. Second phone interview with positions manager 1 week later. Finally, meeting out of town with team for final interview. Very friendly and questions going both ways. Each member of the team (2 managers and HR) had a form with questions/topics to discuss. Very detailed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about methods used to "cold call" potential new customers.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Saint-Gobain (Northborough, MA).

Interview

Speed interview. Half day with 2 other candidates. Started at 7:30am, required to give a 20-30 min presentation 4 times back to back to various groups. Next was a tour of the campus and then lunch. All went very fast. Barely had time to ask questions as I was presenting or answered them most of the time. There was a host who followed me all day which helped a lot. Generally people were exceptionally nice. No curveball questions. Had an answer back in 3 business days.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected but be prepared to talk about your resume and know you presentation by heart.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made an offer and it was accepted. No negotiation.