Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Northborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in January 2010.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by a dozen people. Make sure your deodorant lasts.
You will be waiting a lot in the sunny lobby in between interviewers. With 12 or more people, there will always be someone running late. Have MANY MANY extra copies of your resume. Most of them will not have read it until you hand it to them.

Interview Question – Asked to draw some circuits. Mostly they want to know your personality. No myers-briggs nonsence, just lots of different people gut checking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The Company was previously union, and at the time salaries were standardized. Standardized low. Benefits were good though.

Human Resource Manager Interview

Human Resource Manager
Mickleton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview Details – Consisted on phone interviews at various levels of the organization within Human Reosurces, face to face interviews with various managers with the Operational function at the plant I was interviewing for. The time from interview to offer was a bit long, but understandable as there were multiple interviews at mulitple levels and they had to connect with each other. Very thorough and detailed information requested up front for background, education verifications which was refreshing. It good to know that a Company is doing its due dilengence up front.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected or outlandish.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy. No complaints

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is relatively comprehensive. Candidates interview with multiple managers from different departments. Director level management will interview candidates as well. The questions are straight forward and very direct. Different managers use different interviewing techniques with some using situational and other using direct questions about experience.
Hiring is a bit of a process. Extensive background checks cause at least 2 week delays in start dates. All details of prior employment and education will be verified.

Interview Question – Expect questions on details of experiences. Expect questions about prior performance reviews. Expect answers to be picked apart to understand the extent of knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were relatively easy. There was more flexibility on vacation time versus salary. Benefits are straight forward.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview Details – I went through (3) prescreening interviews with the headhunter and a phone interview with the hiring manager prior to being brought on site for a panel interview with the hiring manager, hr manager, r&d manager and production manager. The site was old (1950s) and team brought little to make you want to work there.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Social Media Specialist
Aurora, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview Details – I had an informal phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with my would be immediate supervisor and HR the next week. The phone interview discussed position specifics, my experience, and then because of the type of work this would entail, we discussed current social media trends and changes and how that could affect SGPPL. The in-person interview went over a lot of the same questions that we discussed in the phone interview and more detailed job specifics.

Interview Question – Honestly, none of the questions asked really took me by surprise. It was very open, dialogue flowed easily.   Answer Question

Purchasing Supervisor Interview

Purchasing Supervisor
Puyallup, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in October 2011.

Interview Details – standard phone interview by HR and hiring manager; followed by onsite interview by group of managers

Interview Question – why are you so serious about interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for additional one week vacation

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer
Garden Grove, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in June 2008.

Interview Details – thru a recruiter to obtain the job. a whole day interview process. meeting with various engineers and managers.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Garden Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, One-on-one interview with the hiring manager, followup interview with a panel of people from marketing.

I went through this process, they said they would get back to me in a few days, but they took a month to get back to me.

When they did get back to me, the offer was too low. I was VERY disappointed that they didn't bring up their extremely limited salary range earlier. They knew my salary history and expectations. This and their unprofessional lack of followup made it a negative experience overall, I felt like they were wasting my time.

Interview Question – No hard interview questions. They didn't have any case questions, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was way to low.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Northborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in June 2011.

Interview Details – I gave a technical presentation after first met the group leader in the morning, followed by HR, site manager, engineers in the group. They paid for the lunch and the lunch was with a few member of the group, mostly the technicians. It took a whole day but they were very friendly and kindly to me. Most of the questions were about technical part and communications.

Interview Question – Which work do you like better? Sitting in front of computers analyzing datas, or operating equipments to run test?   View Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Engineer Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview Details – first there were two round
1.co cubes test
2.online test
next those who got selected were called for GD
Then there was interview the next day

Interview Question – why only the project on ecomnomics but not on operation   Answer Question

Worked for Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics? Contribute to the Community!