Saint-Gobain

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Category Manager Interview

Senior Category Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Saint-Gobain in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face to face interview, another phone interview and a final face to face interview. The original phone interview was with an HR rep and was meant to find out if I was worthy of a face to face interview. The face to face was more intense. I met with an HR rep, the Category Manager whose job was opening up and the Purchasing Manager who would have been the Manager of the incumbent. The second phone interview was with a Purchasing Manager from the headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The third interview was face to face with the VP of Purchasing and a scientist. Each round of interviews involved a series of predetermined questions and the answers were expected to include real life experiences from previous work situations. I found that relating as many different experiences as possible was very helpful. it was good for me to show that I had been in a number of situations, good and bad, and how each situation was handled.
the people were very easy to talk to but some of the questions were tough. It would be a good idea to review your work experience and be refresh yourself on what happened with a number of these experiences so that your answers will flow naturally.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict with an employee and how was the problem resolved.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to relocate

Worked for Saint-Gobain? Contribute to the Community!