Saint Joseph's University

www.sju.edu

Saint Joseph's University Interview Questions

2.6

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

Come in and meet with your direct contact person, who you initially had contact with, then you will have a meeting with the assistant provost. Afterwards, you will meet half of the admissions counselor a you will potentially be working. In advance, you will be asked to prepare a presentation in advance for your interview. It could have been any topic!

Interview Questions
    • How would you project the Jesuit missions to our prospective students   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Saint Joseph's University in December 2012.

You have to be the top students in class. Then you get a better chance to be selected to go for the interview. You will be asked some basic knowledge and you will need to demonstrate it like you are a teacher.

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

I had one interview with department head and was hired on the spot. I only had to return to HR to fill out paperwork.

There was no negotiation. I was told when the position would start and the starting salary.

Assistant Professor of Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

Speed dating at AOM, phone interview, campus visit. Campus visit includes a teaching and research presentation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself fitting in with the Jesuit tradition? What does your ideal job look like?   View Answer
    When presented with the offer it was presented as we want you to work for us here is what we will pay you. I accepted, but meant only to accept the job offer. Had intended to negotiate on the salary. As soon as I said yes, the response was we will get the contract out in the mail to you. I needed to be more clear, forceful. Yes, I wanted to accept the job but I needed to talk about salary more.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Saint Joseph's University in May 2011.

Long and tedious. It takes months for HR to actually go through everything and make an offer. I went in for three interviews, the last one just to meet the CTO, which was a bit annoying, but a great meeting. I applied online in March, started in July.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should we hire you?" - an open-ended question you can always expect here.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, the salary was to my liking.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in January 2011.

phone interview; skype interview; campus visit; quick decision

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions came out of my own cover letter and CV   View Answer
    very agreeable. one time negotiation after initial offer.

Visiting Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint Joseph's University in May 2009.

Changes by department. Some departments have very rigorous 3-day interviews including a dinner, full campus tour, teaching showcases, and so forth. Other departments have a one-day interview process and abbreviated meetings.
    There is a final set of interviews with the Assistance Dean, the Dean and a couple of other professors in your department.

Interview Questions
    • Would you want to be chairman of the department?   View Answer
    There isn't any negotiation. You get an offer letter a month later with the stated salary. I did ask if there was any additional wiggle room and was told no. The pension benefits and savings match are however, generous. The health insurance is also excellent.

You can also double your savings rate if you participate in the employee plan.