Saint Joseph's University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in December 2012.

Interview Details – You have to be the top students in class. Then you get a better chance to be selected to go for the interview. You will be asked some basic knowledge and you will need to demonstrate it like you are a teacher.

Interview Question – If you get nervous...   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in January 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview; skype interview; campus visit; quick decision

Interview Question – None, all questions came out of my own cover letter and CV   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very agreeable. one time negotiation after initial offer.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in May 2011.

Interview Details – Long and tedious. It takes months for HR to actually go through everything and make an offer. I went in for three interviews, the last one just to meet the CTO, which was a bit annoying, but a great meeting. I applied online in March, started in July.

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?" - an open-ended question you can always expect here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, the salary was to my liking.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

Interview Details – Come in and meet with your direct contact person, who you initially had contact with, then you will have a meeting with the assistant provost. Afterwards, you will meet half of the admissions counselor a you will potentially be working. In advance, you will be asked to prepare a presentation in advance for your interview. It could have been any topic!

Interview Question – How would you project the Jesuit missions to our prospective students   Answer Question

Visiting Faculty Interview

Visiting Faculty
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in May 2009.

Interview Details – Changes by department. Some departments have very rigorous 3-day interviews including a dinner, full campus tour, teaching showcases, and so forth. Other departments have a one-day interview process and abbreviated meetings.
There is a final set of interviews with the Assistance Dean, the Dean and a couple of other professors in your department.

Interview Question – Would you want to be chairman of the department?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't any negotiation. You get an offer letter a month later with the stated salary. I did ask if there was any additional wiggle room and was told no. The pension benefits and savings match are however, generous. The health insurance is also excellent.

You can also double your savings rate if you participate in the employee plan.

Part Time Faculty Interview

Part Time Faculty
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

Interview Details – I had one interview with department head and was hired on the spot. I only had to return to HR to fill out paperwork.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told when the position would start and the starting salary.

Assistant Professor of Management Interview

Assistant Professor of Management
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

Interview Details – Speed dating at AOM, phone interview, campus visit. Campus visit includes a teaching and research presentation.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself fitting in with the Jesuit tradition? What does your ideal job look like?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When presented with the offer it was presented as we want you to work for us here is what we will pay you. I accepted, but meant only to accept the job offer. Had intended to negotiate on the salary. As soon as I said yes, the response was we will get the contract out in the mail to you. I needed to be more clear, forceful. Yes, I wanted to accept the job but I needed to talk about salary more.

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Tell about yourself

Interview Questions

Worked for Saint Joseph's University? Contribute to the Community!