Saint Louis University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Services Interview

Student Services
Tampa, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview Details – Yes, the ultimate "terrible" interview question was asked by the person who would have been the direct line supervisor. "If you could be any kind of animal, what kind would you be and why?"
Come on! Really???
What a waste of an interview questions!
The co-interviewer was clearly horrified!

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Saint Louis University in June 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took quite long. From initial application to second interview was about 8+ weeks. First had a phone interview, then invited for face interview, and finally the second interview. Beware! The PI for the lab I was interviewing for promised a position in the lab (I assumed that I was not the leading candidate but they felt that both me and the leading candidate were strong enough for the position so they would create a position for me), yet after the second interview I got radio silence.

Interview Question – Coming from a biochemistry background, I would be working with immunology so they asked how I think the transition would be like.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview Details – Good job description on posting. Interview contact provided more details in phone pre-screen. Interview by panel of principal participants, one remote participant. That was followed by a brief tour of the workplace and immediate campus areas.

Interview Question – " Have you considered the scope of the project in relation to your previous experience and how would approach that aspect of the position?"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview Details – Interview was great and easy

Negotiation Details – simple

Very Easy Interview

Athletics Interview

Athletics

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview Details – Interview was great and easy. Many people turn down their positions and they are often in dire need to fill positions. Make sure to ask questions to be clear what your responsibilities will be and your expectations will be.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Saint Louis University in June 2009.

Interview Details – There were three interviews total. Two were panel, one individual. The first two rounds of interview were panel, the first being one of my "peers" and the second being a panel of Senior Staff level employees. In both interviews, a few of the panel members seemed less than thrilled to be there. They never made eye contact, hardly wrote anything down on their question sheet and continually checked their watch or the clock on the wall. The questions were all pretty standard. The one-on-one interview was with the Vice President. He was very friendly, but pretty much asked the same questions as the two previous interviews.

Interview Question – How does diversity effect you in your daily life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview Details – Long and detailed process - multiple calls to references, skill testing, multiple interviews with various individuals in department and HR, employee health testing. Required follow up on part of candidate, this is part of what separates those who succeed from those who don't, it should not discourage anyone who really wants to work at SLU. Can be confusing, ask HR for clarification whenever you need it, they are very helpful

Negotiation Details – if you really want to work there hang in and follow up, it takes awhile but don't give up. read everything they send you and stay in touch with HR. be very careful what you share, you can be judged on a random "chit chat" comment as much as on what you have on your resume. Clarify everything, in writing before you quit a current position or make a commitment

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Saint Louis University in January 2011.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume and cover letter to the department chair with an indication of my interest to teach as adjunct. I was notified by email by an assistant dean that SLU was interested in pursuing an interview. The interview last approximately two hours and included several faculty members and department heads. All persons involved were friendly, helpful, and informed.

Interview Question – How would you handle the situation of a failing student in your course?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Saint Louis University in May 2009.

Interview Details – Consisted of one 30 minute phone interview with basic behavioral and skill based questions. After phone interview, I was invited to a 2nd interview that consisted of 4 people. Again, pretty basic personality, behavioral and skill based questions. After 2nd interview, I had a 3rd interview with the CIO, IT Director, and manager. This was the final interview and was nearly all personality type questions to see if I'd be a good fit. After final interview I received an offer within a few days. The offer was low but more than what I was making so I accepted.

Interview Question – What is a decision that you regret making in your professional career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Ask for what you want up front because raises are pretty dismal and opportunities for advancement don't come by often.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Saint Louis University in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had four interviews in one day: One with the person who would be my supervisor, one with the whole team, one with the Madrid Provost and the final one with his wife (who, incidentally, would not ever be supervising me).

Interview Question – The Madrid Provost's wife asked me if I was renting or owned the place where I was currently living.   Answer Question

Worked for Saint Louis University? Contribute to the Community!