Saint Louis University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Lab Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a HR recruiter and had a phone interview. We discussed the hiring practice and what the job duties were. Also the hours were discussed and the salary range.

Interview Questions

• What were my strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Clerical/Sec SLUCARE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process was very long. I interviewed four times. Two of the interviews were in a panel. The individuals that were to be present for the interviews did not show up when they were scheduled. Then in order to fit the interview in they scheduled additional interviews and changed the times of the interviews several times. There was no respect in regard to the applicants time. This should have been my first sign. I was requested to take several tests in the Human Resources department to which no one communicated my results. Finallly, I waited nearly 19 weeks to hear back. I emailed the interviewing department and the Human Resources department to inquire about the status of my application. I never recieved any correspondence regarding the outcome of my interviews. Additionally, I reached out to the Human Resources deparment for some sort of follow-up. Keep in mind, I was perfectly happy to to accept if they had decided to seek another candidtate. The hiring proces was entire process was unorganized and disappointing.

GIS Lab Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

email the resume and cover letter to lab advisor, face to face interview, portfolio demonstration, certificate of related experience, recommendation is preferred. In this process, make a full preparation of portfolio is important. Reference sometimes can make you outstanding.

Interview Questions

• What GIS portfolio do you have?   1 Answer

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Louis University (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Yes, the ultimate "terrible" interview question was asked by the person who would have been the direct line supervisor. "If you could be any kind of animal, what kind would you be and why?"
    Come on! Really???
    What a waste of an interview questions!
    The co-interviewer was clearly horrified!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview

Good job description on posting. Interview contact provided more details in phone pre-screen. Interview by panel of principal participants, one remote participant. That was followed by a brief tour of the workplace and immediate campus areas.

Interview Questions

• " Have you considered the scope of the project in relation to your previous experience and how would approach that aspect of the position?"   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Louis University in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process took quite long. From initial application to second interview was about 8+ weeks. First had a phone interview, then invited for face interview, and finally the second interview. Beware! The PI for the lab I was interviewing for promised a position in the lab (I assumed that I was not the leading candidate but they felt that both me and the leading candidate were strong enough for the position so they would create a position for me), yet after the second interview I got radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a biochemistry background, I would be working with immunology so they asked how I think the transition would be like.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview

Interview was great and easy

Negotiation

simple

Athletics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saint Louis University.

Interview

Interview was great and easy. Many people turn down their positions and they are often in dire need to fill positions. Make sure to ask questions to be clear what your responsibilities will be and your expectations will be.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Long and detailed process - multiple calls to references, skill testing, multiple interviews with various individuals in department and HR, employee health testing. Required follow up on part of candidate, this is part of what separates those who succeed from those who don't, it should not discourage anyone who really wants to work at SLU. Can be confusing, ask HR for clarification whenever you need it, they are very helpful

Negotiation

if you really want to work there hang in and follow up, it takes awhile but don't give up. read everything they send you and stay in touch with HR. be very careful what you share, you can be judged on a random "chit chat" comment as much as on what you have on your resume. Clarify everything, in writing before you quit a current position or make a commitment

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

I emailed my resume and cover letter to the department chair with an indication of my interest to teach as adjunct. I was notified by email by an assistant dean that SLU was interested in pursuing an interview. The interview last approximately two hours and included several faculty members and department heads. All persons involved were friendly, helpful, and informed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation of a failing student in your course?   Answer Question