Saint Lucie County School Board

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sub Bus Driver Interview

Sub Bus Driver

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in June 2013.

Interview Details – Just had to meet basic qualifications and was hired. This site is forcing me to write what I don't have to say. The process was very simple. There is not much to say. I completed the application and was scheduled for training.

Negotiation Details – None, just told what the pay was.

Classroom Teacher Interview

Classroom Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board.

Interview Details – Typical scenario questions pertaining to teaching.

Interview Question – What is your perception of people who live in poverty?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher
Fort Pierce, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in September 2010.

Interview Details – As a substitute teacher for the Saint Lucie School District in Florida there are two pay scales. With a college degree filling a substitute position as a teacher you get $75.00 per day as an assistant or non-teaching position you get $55.00 per day. Without a degree you get $55.00 per day. There are no interview questions per say however, there is a rather lengthy process. There is a required orientation which are offered sporadically throughout the year. This makes timing very important. In addition, there is a required online testing which is time consuming and has to be completed within a number of weeks. Of course there is an extensive background check to insure that you have no offensives that will prevent you from working with children and young adults.

Interview Question – There is not so much a question but there are the on line test that may pose some real thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a substitute teacher there is no negotiation phase.

Worked for Saint Lucie County School Board? Contribute to the Community!