Saint Lucie County School Board

Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saint Lucie County School Board

Para Interview

The interview was done in front a panel of two district officials. The questions are scenario type questions. I was asked to submit references..then scheduled a drug test and background check it was about a week turnaround time to get a job.

Classroom Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board.

Typical scenario questions pertaining to teaching.

Interview Questions
    • What is your perception of people who live in poverty?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Sub Bus Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in June 2013.

Just had to meet basic qualifications and was hired. This site is forcing me to write what I don't have to say. The process was very simple. There is not much to say. I completed the application and was scheduled for training.

None, just told what the pay was.

Tech/Para Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in March 2012.

long I sat there for a while , not one said anything but the meeting was long and had about 5 peope in it and was kind kf weird like you were being integragated

nothing was negotiable at all

K- Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in January 2012.

It was ok. Interviewed with the principal. Offered me the job right on the spot.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in September 2010.

As a substitute teacher for the Saint Lucie School District in Florida there are two pay scales. With a college degree filling a substitute position as a teacher you get $75.00 per day as an assistant or non-teaching position you get $55.00 per day. Without a degree you get $55.00 per day. There are no interview questions per say however, there is a rather lengthy process. There is a required orientation which are offered sporadically throughout the year. This makes timing very important. In addition, there is a required online testing which is time consuming and has to be completed within a number of weeks. Of course there is an extensive background check to insure that you have no offensives that will prevent you from working with children and young adults.

Interview Questions
    • There is not so much a question but there are the on line test that may pose some real thinking.   Answer Question
    As a substitute teacher there is no negotiation phase.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in July 2010.

2 AP's interviewed, spoke about data, technology, students, teaching skills.

none

Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Saint Lucie County School Board in June 2009.

You need a Teaching Certificate if you don't have one - Bachelor's Degree, then apply at Florida Dept. of Education, then take Subject Area Exam(s). If you have all the paperwork together, apply to the School Board. If they approve, you are cleared for interviews, and now the job search starts. The principal is the hiring authority, although you are being employed (and paid) by the school board.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about your classroom management" - they want to know how you maintain discipline in the classroom so that you can teach and the students can learn.   View Answer
    Salary is by the book, nothing to negotiate here. The principal will give you the schedule according to the needs of the school. Once you are successful, you may give input as to what grade level or subject you would like to teach.