Saipem

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Saipem.

Interview Details – I've been firstly contacted through phone for a pre-selection chat. After that I've been invited to have a regular interview in the Milan offices where many people, not only HR but also representatives of my department asked more informations and details about my work, personality and the usual things. I've been asked to draft a letter to a Client after a case of Force Majeure and to give my impressions about this hypothetical scenario. After the interview, I received another phone call to be informed I was short-listed. After that a second interview with the dept. head was organized to have a final feed-back from him.

Interview Question – The study case I had to analyse in short time was unexpected.   Answer Question

Instrumentation Interview

Instrumentation

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Saipem.

Interview Details – Pretty genuine interview process with major focus on real time work.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Yerevan (Armenia)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Saipem in March 2014.

Interview Details – I like the electrical construction works LNG tanks and offshore.

Interview Question – Why you didn't apply the report yesterday?   View Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer
Milan (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saipem in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview with HR representative, discipline manager and technical advisor

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Saipem.

Interview Details – 1. Will there be duty information on the equipment datasheet of a cooler
2. How can you simulate a heat exchanger in Hysys?
3. Did you use seals in relief valves?
4. Can you draw the P&ID of a pumping system?
5. What is the difference between operating pressure and working pressure?
6. procedure of design of flare stack
7. design of relief valve
8. Type of reformer in ammonia plant
9. Heat duty of the reformer
10. Capacity of the ammonia plant
11. Thermodynamic package used in simulating hydrocarbon mixture
12. Process on the topside of an FPSO, for both vapor side and liquid side
13. What is the significance of Mach numbers

Interview Question – Can you draw the P&ID of a pumping system?   Answer Question

Senior Subsea Pipeline Engineer Interview

Senior Subsea Pipeline Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Saipem in July 2013.

Interview Details – I am working in Perth and they've conducted a teleconference interview. Communication between me and the interviewer was good and mainly they are trying to find out what is my experience and what am i looking for in terms of career. It started off with me introducing myself and then the interviewer started to explain the nature of work in Saipem Singapore office. Questions are listed below:
1. What are you expecting to do in terms of working in Saipem?
2. Are you willing to accept short term assignment that needs travelling? or even offshore?
3. What is your knowledge about material? Flexible pipes?
4. How familiar are you with DNV OS F101 code?

Interview Question – Tell me more in depth about what have you done according to your CV. For example, writing a specification   View Answer

Subsea Mechanical Engineer Interview

Subsea Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Saipem.

Interview Details – 1) Online application
2) Phone interview with a consultant
3) Phone interview with HR
4) Face to face interview with HR, then with the engineering department

Interview Questions

• During the HR interview, most questions were asked to make the candidate spew venom and negativity on former employers, e.g. What were the worst moments, what did you dislike about that experience, what are your weaknesses...

A personality test was carried out but the results were not compared to the profile expected for this position.

The person invited me to ask questions but refused to answer most of them.
      Answer Question
  • Engineering interview: two experienced subsea engineers listen to the candidate introduction, then present a former project and observe the candidate's reactions.   Answer Question

Subsea Mechanical Engineer Interview

Subsea Mechanical Engineer

I interviewed at Saipem in August 2009.

Interview Details – CV submitted through eni corporate university. psyco-attitudinal selection at HQ in Milan. Interwiev with the manager.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel for work in the most turbulent country in the world?   View Answers (2)

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Saipem

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward. I was known to Saipem for last few years. I sent my CV to the senior management in Canada. The selected me at the very first step as they knew me earlier(I worked for Saipem as a Sub Contractor's representative). The interview process was very simple just as a formality.

Interview Question – My knowledge about trade union culture in Canada   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nil

Graduate Engineer/Pipeline Interview

Graduate Engineer/Pipeline
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saipem in June 2010.

Interview Details – There is a engineering and IQ test. Followed by an interview with Manger then the HR.

Interview Question – NIL   Answer Question

Worked for Saipem? Contribute to the Community!