Saipem Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Offshore Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saipem.

Interview

I initially got an email telling me i was invited for a Graduate program to which i duly responded. After a week or two i was told to be prepared for a basic engineering test which would hold utmost importance in my selection criteria, again via email . Was also asked to send my transcript and copies of passport,visa, address, etc all through mail. Finally got a date for my test. i have given the test, which was fairly simple and now am awaiting a call for the next round. I have been informed that only shortlisted Candidates after the engineering test will be contacted within a week. So keeping my Fingers crossed. Will keep you'l updated on what happens next, in the mean time please pray for me to be selected so i can give you all more information. Thank you.

P.S - The entire procedure was only via email. But the communication was good, and from what i'v heard Saipem is a great place to work at.

Good Luck, Guys and Girls

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Saipem.

Interview

I've been firstly contacted through phone for a pre-selection chat. After that I've been invited to have a regular interview in the Milan offices where many people, not only HR but also representatives of my department asked more informations and details about my work, personality and the usual things. I've been asked to draft a letter to a Client after a case of Force Majeure and to give my impressions about this hypothetical scenario. After the interview, I received another phone call to be informed I was short-listed. After that a second interview with the dept. head was organized to have a final feed-back from him.

Interview Questions

• The study case I had to analyse in short time was unexpected.   Answer Question

Acheteur Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saipem in April 2014.

Interview

Candidature au poste via LinkedIn
    Premier Contact Téléphonique avec RH
    1 Entretien RH Suivi d'un entretien avec les managers
    2 Semaines plus tard Réponse Favorable
    Proposition de Contrat (délai d'attente un peu long)
    Signature sur place

Instrumentation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Saipem.

Interview

Pretty genuine interview process with major focus on real time work.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Saipem (Yerevan (Armenia)) in March 2014.

Interview

I like the electrical construction works LNG tanks and offshore.

Interview Questions

• Why you didn't apply the report yesterday?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saipem.

Interview

1. Will there be duty information on the equipment datasheet of a cooler
    2. How can you simulate a heat exchanger in Hysys?
    3. Did you use seals in relief valves?
    4. Can you draw the P&ID of a pumping system?
    5. What is the difference between operating pressure and working pressure?
    6. procedure of design of flare stack
    11. Thermodynamic package used in simulating hydrocarbon mixture
    12. Process on the topside of an FPSO, for both vapor side and liquid side
    13. What is the significance of Mach numbers

Welding Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Saipem in November 2013.

Interview

the interview is made in 2 stage one personal with a long day group working and then they call you for a technical one. i suggest to dress not very smart, but still elegant and to prepare some small rpesentation of yourself for the first intreview and to prepare something about ur background for the second

Interview Questions

• asking about stress sutuation and problem solving activity   1 Answer

Senior Subsea Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saipem (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

I am working in Perth and they've conducted a teleconference interview. Communication between me and the interviewer was good and mainly they are trying to find out what is my experience and what am i looking for in terms of career. It started off with me introducing myself and then the interviewer started to explain the nature of work in Saipem Singapore office. Questions are listed below:
    1. What are you expecting to do in terms of working in Saipem?
    2. Are you willing to accept short term assignment that needs travelling? or even offshore?
    3. What is your knowledge about material? Flexible pipes?
    4. How familiar are you with DNV OS F101 code?

Interview Questions

• Tell me more in depth about what have you done according to your CV. For example, writing a specification   1 Answer

Subsea Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saipem.

Interview

1) Online application
    2) Phone interview with a consultant
    3) Phone interview with HR
    4) Face to face interview with HR, then with the engineering department

Interview Questions

• During the HR interview, most questions were asked to make the candidate spew venom and negativity on former employers, e.g. What were the worst moments, what did you dislike about that experience, what are your weaknesses...

A personality test was carried out but the results were not compared to the profile expected for this position.

The person invited me to ask questions but refused to answer most of them.

Answer Question
    • Engineering interview: two experienced subsea engineers listen to the candidate introduction, then present a former project and observe the candidate's reactions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I was known to Saipem for last few years. I sent my CV to the senior management in Canada. The selected me at the very first step as they knew me earlier(I worked for Saipem as a Sub Contractor's representative). The interview process was very simple just as a formality.

Interview Questions

• My knowledge about trade union culture in Canada   1 Answer

Negotiation

nil