Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.6

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interviewed with 4 managers before being hired, first time was a very quick meet and greet, from there i was invited back to meet with managers of other departments. Some of the interview questions : This is not a glamorous role, how do you think you'll fit in? why do you want to move to a corporate company? What were your responsibilities in your last role?

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my pay and was hired within 3 weeks.

Sales Consultant At the Fifth Avenue Club Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Applied through the website then contact the HR manager via email… I got an interview within the 3 following days. The interview process with this company was smooth and efficient, the HR manager was very diligent and overall was a satisfied experience.

EEP Interview

Following the initial application screening, there were on campus interviews. There were two interviews back to back and they were both behavioral. There wasn't much out of the ordinary (drawing on leadership experience, work experience, etc). There was an opportunity for questions and that was it.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

You must apply on-line. Once they call you for the interview it takes about a week. Always wear black to a cosmetics interview. They expect you to be very uppity to work at Saks because you will be selling to uppity people. You are expected to sell at least 3 items per transaction which will be over $1000 so be comfortable upselling. This will be amazing for your paycheck because everyone who works there receives commission on everything in the store. If you don't get the job, don't expect a phone call or e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical such as Tell us about your previous experience in commission sales and How do you build relationships with Clients.   View Answer

Executive Excellence Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

I interviewed with Saks Fifth Avenue after submitting my resume through my school's job site. They contacted me shortly after and set up a 1:1 interview with me. The questions were not very hard just very behavioral based. Be sure to have many stories about working in teams, difficult situations you have faced and your favorite designer. Be prepared to answer where you see yourself in 5 years and why you would be a great fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you worked in a group but things did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Lasted about 20 mins ask to get to know me. Went into a little detail about the job. It was unexpected that other people were joining. I thought it was going to be a one on one interview.

Assistant Site Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

1. Initial phone interview from HR
    2. Interview from 1-2 managers
    3. Interview with director
    4. Case study
    The case study is fairly easy. I was asked to compare and contrast with competitors and you will be asked what's good about the saks.com website and any improvements. They also asked a supplement question, "Define luxury".

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

The interview was on campus, and was very relaxed. There were two separate interviewers from the Saks buying department. The interviewers had a list of questions but also asked questions based on your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, questions about relevant experience, who is your favorite designer? asked if you have visited a Saks store before   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I found the job posting on Indeed. It took a week for them to reach out to me and then another week to set up the interview. I only went through one interview with three hiring managers. After the interview, the recruiter called me and told me job offer was most likely going to come and it did!

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard, but they do put a lot of emphasis on luxury retail, so do make sure that you all well versed in that area.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

I had an interview with an MM and HR. Then I met with the GM. I new the MM would be difficult but I took the job anyway. I should have kept looking. Very poor culture.

No additional vacation.