Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Washington, DC).

Interview

it went through very well. They did ask you to talk about your resume in detail. Give a brief talk and explanation about every line of your resume. The whole conversation last about half an hour, and you choose to work in which department.

Beauty Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in June 2015.

Interview

It was more-so networking to get an interview. I went to the store and spoke to associates and expressed my desire to work here (in the area I was passionate about). A particular associate contacted the account executive of a specific brand on my behalf. Received a text the next day from the account executive, and spoke to him two days later over the phone. From there an interview with Saks was set up with the cosmetics selling manager who just spoke to me almost casually, with no specific behavioral questions, but it made me feel more comfortable and was more-so my style of interview I felt I exceeded at. At that point I spoke to the account executive again (in person this time) in an informal meet-up at the mall a few days later. Got an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do to increase sales in this line?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was in a great timely manner.Two interviews. Talent director HR then department manager of your choice. afterwards got a call the following week with a job offer.

Beauty Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

The Interview was the basic cosmetic questions, with the Talent Advisor. They asked me about experience. How comfortable I felt with goals, etc. We were also joined by the store manager that asked a lot of questions about my previous experience.

Manager of Alterations Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Beachwood, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I received Email from HR through LinkedIn, then had 2 phone "interviews". Three weeks later, I received emails from 2 different staff members to schedule an interview with GM in the Beachwood store,then they needed to reschedule to accommodate his schedule, (maybe they should have checked with him first?) They wanted me to come in the next day, on a Saturday, which I found odd. I was not available, so we rescheduled for 3 days later. I arrived at the interview and the GM said he didn't get a chance to read my resume, so he wanted to read it while I answered his questions??? I was not impressed with the interview process at all, totally unorganized and unprepared on their part. The interview itself was ok, I felt positive and the GM was very formidable. He said he would see what the next step was with HR and have them get back to me. Gave me his card and cell #. A week later I received a very generic email for the originating HR person, stating that it had been a very competitive search and they chose not to go ahead with my application. -nothing about the interview at all. Very disappointing to be all prepared on my part, and get there to realize the GM had no idea of the job I was even applying for.

Interview Questions

• Since he didn't read my resume beforehand, he asked me to tell him something about myself-while he scanned over my resume, total waste of my time.   Answer Question
    • He seemed totally unprepared and asked me what position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Executive Excellence Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After nomination by your managers goes through you either are narrowed down through an over the phone interview process or if there aren't as many nominations you are invited to interview in New York. The interview is 8 hours long. There are several 1 hour rounds on different floors with different managers. Each interview covers topics important to the company. Definitely something you need to prepare weeks ahead of time for if you are serious about the job. Make sure you understand retail math as well and can speak to a global perspective regarding the company.

Interview Questions

• Ex: How do you get your inspiration in the fashion industry? Where do you see yourself in five years? When was a time you had a difficult situation with a coworker and how did you handle it? What was the proudest moment in your life and why?   Answer Question

Executive Excellence Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Two, thirty minute interviews. The questions were mostly situational based, asking about previous work experience and information that was on my resume. Both interviewers were extremely nice!

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 managers before being hired, first time was a very quick meet and greet, from there i was invited back to meet with managers of other departments. Some of the interview questions : This is not a glamorous role, how do you think you'll fit in? why do you want to move to a corporate company? What were your responsibilities in your last role?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay and was hired within 3 weeks.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Professional, informative and lengthy. I was first contacted by a recruiter and did a brief phone interview, following that I went into the office for an interview with the Director who spent about an hour with me and then additionally had me meet with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about personality and previous experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Applied through the website then contact the HR manager via email… I got an interview within the 3 following days. The interview process with this company was smooth and efficient, the HR manager was very diligent and overall was a satisfied experience.