Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Manager of Alterations Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Beachwood, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I received Email from HR through LinkedIn, then had 2 phone "interviews". Three weeks later, I received emails from 2 different staff members to schedule an interview with GM in the Beachwood store,then they needed to reschedule to accommodate his schedule, (maybe they should have checked with him first?) They wanted me to come in the next day, on a Saturday, which I found odd. I was not available, so we rescheduled for 3 days later. I arrived at the interview and the GM said he didn't get a chance to read my resume, so he wanted to read it while I answered his questions??? I was not impressed with the interview process at all, totally unorganized and unprepared on their part. The interview itself was ok, I felt positive and the GM was very formidable. He said he would see what the next step was with HR and have them get back to me. Gave me his card and cell #. A week later I received a very generic email for the originating HR person, stating that it had been a very competitive search and they chose not to go ahead with my application. -nothing about the interview at all. Very disappointing to be all prepared on my part, and get there to realize the GM had no idea of the job I was even applying for.

Interview Questions

• Since he didn't read my resume beforehand, he asked me to tell him something about myself-while he scanned over my resume, total waste of my time.   Answer Question
    • He seemed totally unprepared and asked me what position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Executive Excellence Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Two, thirty minute interviews. The questions were mostly situational based, asking about previous work experience and information that was on my resume. Both interviewers were extremely nice!

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 managers before being hired, first time was a very quick meet and greet, from there i was invited back to meet with managers of other departments. Some of the interview questions : This is not a glamorous role, how do you think you'll fit in? why do you want to move to a corporate company? What were your responsibilities in your last role?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay and was hired within 3 weeks.

Sales Consultant At the Fifth Avenue Club Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Applied through the website then contact the HR manager via email… I got an interview within the 3 following days. The interview process with this company was smooth and efficient, the HR manager was very diligent and overall was a satisfied experience.

EEP Interview

Interview

Following the initial application screening, there were on campus interviews. There were two interviews back to back and they were both behavioral. There wasn't much out of the ordinary (drawing on leadership experience, work experience, etc). There was an opportunity for questions and that was it.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

You must apply on-line. Once they call you for the interview it takes about a week. Always wear black to a cosmetics interview. They expect you to be very uppity to work at Saks because you will be selling to uppity people. You are expected to sell at least 3 items per transaction which will be over $1000 so be comfortable upselling. This will be amazing for your paycheck because everyone who works there receives commission on everything in the store. If you don't get the job, don't expect a phone call or e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical such as Tell us about your previous experience in commission sales and How do you build relationships with Clients.   1 Answer

Executive Excellence Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

I interviewed with Saks Fifth Avenue after submitting my resume through my school's job site. They contacted me shortly after and set up a 1:1 interview with me. The questions were not very hard just very behavioral based. Be sure to have many stories about working in teams, difficult situations you have faced and your favorite designer. Be prepared to answer where you see yourself in 5 years and why you would be a great fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in a group but things did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Lasted about 20 mins ask to get to know me. Went into a little detail about the job. It was unexpected that other people were joining. I thought it was going to be a one on one interview.

Assistant Site Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

1. Initial phone interview from HR
    2. Interview from 1-2 managers
    3. Interview with director
    4. Case study
    The case study is fairly easy. I was asked to compare and contrast with competitors and you will be asked what's good about the saks.com website and any improvements. They also asked a supplement question, "Define luxury".

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

The interview was on campus, and was very relaxed. There were two separate interviewers from the Saks buying department. The interviewers had a list of questions but also asked questions based on your responses.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, questions about relevant experience, who is your favorite designer? asked if you have visited a Saks store before   Answer Question