Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Went to 5 interviews and had to meet with manager, store manager, HR, and then come in for a final meeting to make sure I wanted the job. It seemed like an awful lot of work for a retail position but in the end I look the job

Interview Questions

• Why Saks If you have not worked in retail,why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

super easy interview, met the manager for sales. the questions were very basic, nothing out of the ordinary. the interview was only about 15 mins, then walked around looking at the floors, I was given the position

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a very casual laid back interview. I seemed to really get along with them. They didn't make me nervous at all. They were very informational about the job, and answered any questions I had. I was very nervous going into this job, and kind of intimidated. They made me feel a lot more comfortable about it.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with it if one of my co-workers tried to steal my sale?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Met with recruiter and then hiring manager on two separate occasions - was fairly straightforward, basic questions. Didn't really click with the hiring manager so was clearly not the right fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Online submission, telephone screening and in person. I found the interviewer to be quite snobby and saying that she normally doesn't interview anyone with 0 experience and that only wants to work part time (i don't need to go into how overqualified i am for the position). She then proceeded to ask what salary i was looking for from other full time positions and that I could make that in sales if I worked hard - I found that to be quite tacky. I found her to be very defensive of the retail industry in a form of snobbery and maybe its because she is unhappy in her current situation at her age.

Interview Questions

• Why Saks? Why this position? Why do you think you would be good at this role?   Answer Question

I did not think it would be a good working environment

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

first was in a group interview with 4 other candidates. the second interview was just me the HR person for that department and the department manager. Both times everyone was very nice and receptive

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prectice with building a client book?   1 Answer

Beauty Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in June 2015.

Interview

It was more-so networking to get an interview. I went to the store and spoke to associates and expressed my desire to work here (in the area I was passionate about). A particular associate contacted the account executive of a specific brand on my behalf. Received a text the next day from the account executive, and spoke to him two days later over the phone. From there an interview with Saks was set up with the cosmetics selling manager who just spoke to me almost casually, with no specific behavioral questions, but it made me feel more comfortable and was more-so my style of interview I felt I exceeded at. At that point I spoke to the account executive again (in person this time) in an informal meet-up at the mall a few days later. Got an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do to increase sales in this line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Washington, DC).

Interview

it went through very well. They did ask you to talk about your resume in detail. Give a brief talk and explanation about every line of your resume. The whole conversation last about half an hour, and you choose to work in which department.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was in a great timely manner.Two interviews. Talent director HR then department manager of your choice. afterwards got a call the following week with a job offer.

Beauty Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

The Interview was the basic cosmetic questions, with the Talent Advisor. They asked me about experience. How comfortable I felt with goals, etc. We were also joined by the store manager that asked a lot of questions about my previous experience.