Saks Fifth Avenue

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in October 2008.

Interview Details – The best advice i can offer is that to be yourself in the interview. Be natural dont sound like a robot memorizing line because you think it sounds good. And dont make your self out to be something your not. Sound like you enjoy a challenge and that you are a fast learner that can quickly adapt. That whats always helped me. As well as my military background.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I decline because i receive a better offer else where

Marketing Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in February 2007.

Interview Details – I spoke on the phone with an HR manager. The call lasted about 45 minutes and were general in nature. "Why do you want to work here?" and "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Next, I was invited to speak with a VP in the deparment. On the same day, I also met with a co-worker and another Vice President. Overall, it was a very pleasant interview process. After the 1:1 meetings, the HR manager called me and offered me the position. I had to pass a background check and reference check.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to invite 5 people to dinner, dead or alive, who would they be?   Answer Question
  • Do you have experience in building Marketing strategy? If so, what are some of the strategies that you created or executed?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in October 2009.

Interview Details – The job description on the site sounded like the position involved development of market plans and store events. I prepared for this on the interview as such. When the phone interviewer called, she told me that the position was a "public relations" position and it seems like they were looking for an individual with public speaking or even "on air" experience, and not as much of a marketing manager. I wish the job posting would have matched better to their actual needs so I could have prepared my relevant experience better. Interviewer on phone was 10 minutes late with phone call and told me that I only had 20 minutes to interview, because of next appointment. I felt rushed as a result in my answers during the interview, because of the limited time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saks Fifth Avenue

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saks Fifth Avenue Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Saks Fifth Avenue employees and interview candidates.