Saks Fifth Avenue

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in November 2011.

Phone Interview; 3 days later personal interview where I met with (2) of the (4) store managers, but not the one that I was scheduled to met with. The managers were very nice, professional and receptive. I genuinely was comfortable and able to shine because of this. The in person interview lasted about 25 minutes in total where my resume was reviewed and I answered specific personal questions and standard interview questions and was then asked to sell a very unique ladies fashion hat to one of the managers (something that would not be an easy sell ... would have to be looking for this hat if ever to desire to buy it). Nailed it! Then I had to wait for another almost 2 weeks for the orientation which takes approx 3-4 hours; which I am going to today. I sure hope this pans out to something ... anything ... after all this time and effort and processes .... especially for the money that is involved (on a part time basis no less).

Interview Questions
    Negotiating isn't really even an option at this time , when you are broke, out of work and no prospects with the economy not improving and jobs so very hard to come by .... taking what I can get and will work it out or figure it out later.