Saks

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Saks in June 2013.

Interview Details – This is one of the best interview i ever had because of less knowledged interviewers. I had a chance to get on top of everything because of my vast knowledge and experience but it was not really the position i was looking for though.

Interview Question – all easy   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got a new offer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Merchandise Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Saks.

Interview Details – One interview. Asked generic interview questions about who you are, your experience, why you want to work at Saks Off Fifth. Had to perform simple task to assess ability.

Interview Question – How will you benefit Saks Off Fifth?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Saks in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process was initially smooth with a couple of phone interviews, but then when were about to meet, an internal candidate was being considered. Great news for the internal candidate! Recruiter was nice and expressed her apologies. It seems as if there were some internal politics driving the decision.

Interview Question – Questions were quite common - Tell me about yourself and diving into my career history   Answer Question

Online Coordinator Interview

Online Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Saks in April 2012.

Interview Details – -Initial phone screening with recruiter
-3 in-person interviews with senior members of the department
-Final in-person interview with VP

I received an offer four days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The initial offering was more than I anticipated, so I didn't need to do much negotiating.

Finance Operations Interview

Finance Operations
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Saks in October 2008.

Interview Details – First contacted by phone, and came in to meet the HR.
Then came in a second time to meet the hiring manager, and VP of operations.

HR was very friendly, asked basic questions.. why Saks, why retail, how do you feel about team work, etc.

Interview with hiring manager was decent. She definitely knew my resume well (I've been to some interviews where the interviewer is reading your resume for the first time), asked pretty simple questions.
The process was fairly open, and friendly. Met with the VP to speak briefly before she ran into a meeting.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Saks?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Saks in August 2008.

Interview Details – Accepted job from the saks hr recruiter who made the job sound wonderful and promised promotion and opportunity. She had not idea what she was talking about and was probably spinning whatever she thought I wanted to hear without knowing what the company offers in terms of promotion. She told me I would be readily promoted once entering. That is totally untrue, and the opposite happens here. They pride themselves on saks university but it is pretty lame and they still work on a dos program from the eighties.

Interview Question – Tell me about your past experiences.   Answer Question

Sr.NETwork Engineer Interview

Sr.NETwork Engineer
Jackson, MS

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Saks in May 2008.

Interview Details – Took Months, Very Technical questions

Interview Question – How to control an attack on multiple switches at multiple locations within the switching firewall and security builtins.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer at another company with more vertical movement.

Worked for Saks? Contribute to the Community!