Salary.com Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salary.com

Membership Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salary.com.

Incredibly long interview process that goes nowhere. I had four different people ask me the same questions. Slow to return phone calls.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Salary.com in October 2009.

The process is pretty simplistic. You apply for a job and someone contacts you to do a phone interview. Then they schedule an onsite interview or two. Then they forget to call you back and don't answer calls or emails, eventhough they were apparently interested in you, which I'm assuming is true because I got an offer. Then the offer has incorrect information in it in addition to a few typos. Overall a very unprofessional process which is funny considering they claim to be thought leaders in hr.

The culture is weird. They seem to have a lot of smart motivated people but it was odd to hear conflicting views of responsibilities and how the company operates.

Interview Questions
    • What are the problems with truly expanding the product line globally, and how would you address those problems?   Answer Question
    • What was your GPA? Seriously, I haven't been asked that in more than 10 years   Answer Question

I didn't trust what they were telling me. There were too many story conflicts from person to person. A few former employees warned me that there are big problems with senior management's inability to execute anything and worse they apparently don't admit to their own responsibility for the company's poor performance. Seemed like a bad idea to jump on a sinking ship. Not to mention how ridiculous the recruiting experience was.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salary.com in October 2009.

HR personnel seemed out-of-the-loop with hiring manager. Interviews were scheduled for staff that were not available.
    Interviews with staff were weird -- didn't ask any questions, simply explained the position and the challenges of working in their environment.
    Prospective salary range was nearly $20K below the range for similar positions published by THEM.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salary.com in September 2009.

It was a while ago so it is hard to remember details. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, then I came in for a series of interviews, I met with two managers, I talked with the recruiter again, I met with a couple of the folks doing my job. I came back twice because of scheduling issues.

Interview Questions

Worked for Salary.com? Contribute to the Community!