Salem Communications Interview Questions

2.5

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salem Communications (Columbus, OH).

Interview

One interview with the then GM; I had the experience (and software background) that they were looking for and the company appeared to be a fit for me. The interviewer and I seemed to be on the "same page."

Interview Questions

• once I was hired, found out change of organization that I would be reporting to someone that I had not interviewed with (would not have accepted position working with the individual)   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations; should get in writing plan for reviews, promotions, and pay raises

Technical Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Salem Communications (Irving, TX).

Interview

For me it was a long experience, about 18 weeks. The two interviews were a pleasant experience. The walk around interview was very educational as I witnessed a very large picture of what this company's mission is about and what it entails. I was very excited and comfortable through the process and more so after the hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you performed research about Salem Communications?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smoother than I expected.

Local Ministry Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salem Communications (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Initial inquiry along with submission of resume. Interview and negotiation. Process asked questions of history, faith and how I might fit within Salem. Initial contact was from doing interviews on radio station. Developed a strong connection with on air hosts before interview took place.

Negotiation

No it was pretty set - either you take it at this rate or not.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Salem Communications.

Interview

It's been too long ago to know. I really do not remember - I worked for the company that Salem purchased and so 'came with the furniture' here. It was a one on one casual conversation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salem Communications.

Interview

Initial contact was with human resources. Interview was very laid-back, and I was given opportunity to ask questions. Management was very open and frank about the company's strengths and weaknesses, and I found their assessment of the company and what I could expect to be completely accurate.

Interview Questions

• I had studied behavioral interview tactics before the interview and felt very prepared.   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salem Communications.

Interview

I learned of the position through existing relationship with the VP of Operations. He expressed that there was an opportunity in Sales/Sales leadership, growth in the company and arranged for an interview with the appropriate Leadership. I had two interviews and was offered the position of Account Executive.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions, mostly questions that produced an understanding of my current sales skill and enabled leadership to assess my aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really, I had clearly articulated where my income minimums were, what my income aspirations were and the company extended an offer that fell within those ranges.

Air Talent Interview

Interview

The process was quick and painless. Not your typical corporate long drawn out process. They were direct and to the point. One phone interview then two weeks until one in person interview then waited one week for a call for the offer, then I asked for 24 hours to accept. They were up front and let me know there was one other person they needed to interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salem Communications (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

There will be an extensive interview process, with an obligatory "role play". It is a perfect opportunity to showcase your talents as a sales representative and your true personality. You will be in good hands, as the hiring managers will understand the "nervousness", so enjoy yourself and try to have fun during the process. In the end, you are also interviewing Salem Communications to see if you're a good fit. If you are uncomfortable, don't like the atmosphere, or feel as if the job is too demanding, there are always other options. Salem Communications strives to achieve a relaxed, comfortable, yet structured atmosphere, where results and success are always appreciated, and learning and bettering oneself is a daily goal.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a General Sales Manager? (Always a difficult question to answer, as you want to say, "Less micromanaging and not always breathing down my neck", however, you know they have a job as well, and look to succeed and meet their goals for the company. I hate that question...)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick, easy - Band-Aid-ish.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salem Communications in February 2014.

Interview

The job interview and application process was very easy. I was surprised how many references were asked for. There were a lot of back ground checks, but that process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no back and forth. The management helped me get more compensation for the position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salem Communications (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Excellent and well prepared interview process, I was interviewed by 4 people at the same time which made me so nervous but overall I think is it was a good experience.