Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.5

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but straightforward, consisting of two telephone calls with the internal recruiter, one telephone call with the hiring manager, a group interview with the hiring manager and a top-performing account executive, and a final interview consisting of a mock presentation. Everybody I met with was professional, intelligent, and positive. Preparation and genuine enthusiasm are absolutely critical.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce versus the competition, specifically?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had (2) 30 minute phone interviews with HR; first with general HR, second with HR in my market. After 2nd interview, set up a 3rd call with the AVP for the Market. All of these calls happened rather quickly, less than a week and a half in total time. The 3rd call left me exhausted. A lot of talking about this person's success rather than probing me for how I may fit at SFDC. So do your homework- check their LinkedIn profile and make sure you know about them!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about me?   1 Answer
    • What is your proven process for selling   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter who asked me a few questions and scheduled our screening. After that, the hiring manager screened me over the phone for about a half hour. Then, I was invited for my first onsite interview with the hiring manager and a couple of my future peers. After that, I was invited back for a presentation that I had to prepare (with a couple of weeks to prepare). The whole process was so smooth and there was an instance where we needed to reschedule but the hiring manager handled it professionally and with respect to my time. Overall, awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part of prospecting?   Answer Question
    • What was the last deal you lost? Why did you lose it? What did that teach you?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for (your industry of territory)   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter. Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Skype interview with two managers. In-person presentation based on Salesforce template with two managers and Regional VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you needed access to a decision-maker, but faced major obstacles. How did you solve that problem and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very scripted. Had two interviews with two different recruiters and they both asked the same exact questions. The first lady showed up 12 mins late and the 2nd one showed up 16 mins late and told m she had 10 mins till her next call. Very unprofessional and rude. Really dont get why they did this, but either way i thought I was talking to two robots. I had very strict stipulations as for travel and relocation in which they couldnt meet my needs so i decided not to continue conversations. I was referred by a current sfdc employee and received an interview the next day which was great

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, however it moves at a steady pace with regular updates and feedback. 4 part interview. 1st Recruiter Screens you over the phone. 2nd Phone Interview with Hiring manager. 3rd is in-person interview with hiring manager and VP of sales. 4th is in-person presentation w/ hiring manager, recruiter, and 2 VP of sales.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2015.

Interview

Starts with an internal recruiter, followed by a LOB manager (RVP) in-person interview. Then there is an interview with one or more other LOB managers (could be phone or in person). The last step is a 30 minute preso you have to give to 3 managers. Though this will sound like sour grapes (I wasn't given an offer because of this stage), I felt this was a bit of a no-win situation. You're given a scenario (3 execs who missed last quarter's sales target, looking to improve sales and forecasting) and a slide deck and told to sell SFDC to them. Asking discovery questions is a big deal to them, but you've got to be done in 30 minutes (and the deck is 17 slides long). I got hit with a major curveball early in the discussion by the "CIO" - "Microsoft is offering their CRM for free, and we don't have funds at the end of this fiscal year, and we already have a team of .NET developers in-house, so why should we spend money on SFDC?" Good luck answering that one. Another funny one - my interview was 1/15, but the "CIO" tells me (during this meeting) that it's October and they have very little time until the end of the year (this factoid wasn't part of the scenario). Tell me, who walks into a meeting and doesn't know what day it is? That element was unrealistic. This did a good job of derailing a short meeting, and I never got to the Next Steps portion. I was told the next morning that I wouldn't be getting an offer because of poor discovery questions (who is the decision maker, timeline to decide), failure to secure next steps, and failure to differentiate between SFDC and MSFT. (Sidenote, the recruiter's prep email indicated that any question about SFDC/MSFT should be seen as a cloud/on-premise issue and answered as such, which is what I did. And it was summarily shot down.) Another piece of information for those wanting a job at SFDC (I thought I did). I was "warned" by the gent who would have become my LOB manager that this is a "younger" crowd with a "young mindset" - meaning they don't have families, are willing to work late, go out to bars after working and basically work becomes their life. I'm a little older than that (18 years in the market). They also require daily commutes to the office. I've telecommuted for nearly a decade and was reticent to return to rush hour, so maybe not getting an offer was a good thing for me. Anyway, I hope this helps in your interview prep and career decisions.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle working with a team of predominantly younger people?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very stressful and there is a lot of expectations you hit the mark on EVERYTHING. You are in a room with 5 managers who at times don't look like they are paying attention. They really compare you against your peers and essentially create a make it or break it type scenario.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no option for negotiation for internal promotes

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Awkward at best. The Recruiter seemed rushed to move me into an interview process which I took as a positive sign. Interview was at their year end so several Managers could not attend. The one who did seemed stressed out and although would ask me questions did not allow me to really answer. Focused more on my past earnings and actually stated that he is afraid I havnt tasted what it's like to really make money that people on his team make $800k. Held me over the allotted hour for further questions which was not productive.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is the same as most. Two calls and then onsite with a Director of Sales. Good process and simple. The only issue is that they discriminate on age. If you are older they will simply say they passed on you. I have 10 years of sales experience and had an average of 120-150% over with SaaS sales on a technical product. I managed teams, staff, trained, and onboarded for several offices worldwide.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions only those associated with the position.   Answer Question