Salesforce

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Executive SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2013.

Applied online through SFDC website. Was contacted by their internal recruiter and setup a phone screen. The recruiter was very nice and we basically discussed my background and experiences and why I'm looking to work for SFDC..pretty typical initial phone screen.

2nd step - Had a call with one of the sales managers for the SMB team. Very nice guy and discussed a lot about my background again, sales processes, and the types of companies and deal sizes I've sold to in the past.

3rd step - face to face interview with the SMB manager I would be working for. Again, here went very throughly through my resume, how I prospect to find new business, types of decision makers Ive sold to, etc.. went really into detail about everyone on my resume

4th and final step - Presentation to group of sales managers within the SMB team.

Word of ADVICE - Don't interview with SFDC unless you can be referred from someone internally.. This is the typical "good ol boy" environment here. I ended up not receiving an offer because they went with someone internally, which is fine by me. However, when you tell someone they didn't get the job because they didn't have enough experience selling CRM cloud solutions and selling to VP's of Sales that I wouldn't be as strong as a fit... Well then I think we could've figured that out on our FIRST original call, rather than bringing me through the ringer and wasting ALL Of MY TIME just so you can go with a candidate you already predetermined.. My guess is the because SFDC is a big company now, they prob have to go through certain protocols and procedures and that they need to interviews X amount external candidates before they can move forward with the person they had in mind the whole time.

Oh and one more thing. During my 3rd step, which was face to face with the sales manager, he asked me how I got the interview and I told him I applied online... His jaw basically dropped to the floor and said "wow" most people get referred from another employee.

I would only recommend applying to SFDC if you can be referred internally

Interview Questions