Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a week for a phone screen. Girl who interviewed was from Canada and sending me emails for interview times around 8pm. When you responded with times she took about 2 days to respond back and half the times you mentioned were missed. I interviewed for a position that I well knew I was over qualified for but it was the only thing available and I know I could move up quickly to a position that was more on my level of experience and pay. I have a job that pays a lot more but I wanted to make a transition to a company I saw I could be with more long-term and could meet my financial and career expectations, alike Salesforce. When I interviewed the girl said I was a little over qualified and they had an opening for the next step up sales position and she would get me an appt with that recruiter. This recruiter was based out of Chicago, she interviewed me two days later and the questions she asked me were not difficult (know your numbers and you should be fine in answering them directly) She kept answering and responding with "uhuh" , "yeah", "sure" it was very rude and robotic. I was even over qualified for this position with my experience as well as solid track record at top fortune 500 companies. She told me she would get back to me on a certain date with a response. I never got a response on the date she told me she would get back to me. I reached out to her a few days later and she then responded with an automated email that there were candidates with more experience. If they had candidates with more experience going for this job with this salary they must be extremely desperate candidates of not good quality willing to take anything. I was already over qualified so it was hard to believe someone could be even more and accept this position. The recruiter at the Chicago location didn't follow up when she said she would. That enough spoke for me that maybe this company isn't all it is perceived to be and they aren't professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your monthly sales revenue goal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Tough process but every person involved was professional and courteous. Went through several rounds. The first round was with a recruiter via the phone. After that, i was asked to complete a document with technical questions around the product. After that round, I was brought in to meet with the Role Manager. After this I met with Piers. And finally SVP for my department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening interview was scheduled for a particular time in the afternoon. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and then appeared rushed as he ran through his list of questions. I got the clear impression that he had not even scanned my resume prior to the call. He was unprepared. It amazes me how a company with Salesforce's reputation lets recruiters like this be the first point of contact with prospective candidates. It really hurts the brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then an in person interview. They ask you really cliche questions in the in person interview. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses, what are you passionate about, blah blah blah. Also they think they are the greatest place in the world to work. To me it seemed like a micromanaging nightmare.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview was a panel with all hiring managers as well as 2 peer interviews. They asked a lot of questions on my experience to see if I would be a good fit for the role. They (particularly the peer interviewees) asked questions to see if I would be a good fit for the team culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Really long interview process. Three phone interviews and an on-site. First two phone interviews were with recruiters, last phone interview was with a manager, onsite interview was with two managers and two peers.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly for me. I was reached out to by a recruiter and we set up a 15 minute conversation. The questions she asked were pretty simple, such as why Salesforce? Why sales? We also went through my resume during this. The next step was a conversation with another recruiter and it was basically the same conversation except she wanted to know a little more about what the incentive structure of my current job was. After that I was invited for an onsite where I would be interviewed by 2 current BDR managers and 2 current BDRs. Each interview was about 30 minutes and lasted for 2 hours. Once that was all over I set up a phone conversation and spoke with a Sales Director for about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a resume forwarded directly to a recruiter in Atlanta. Process 1) Email from recruiter to set up phone interview 2) Phone Interview with recruiter-30 min, basic questions about my exp 3) Assessment: 5 questions; this took me 6 hours and they expect you to turn it in BEFORE the deadline they give you 4) In person interview: met with manager and a current BDR

Interview Questions

• They want you to prospect on the assessment portion. You have to give them 5 potential company leads that fit their search criteria.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2015.

Interview

In the beginning, I had two interviews with recruiters from Salesforce. I have mixed feelings about the interviews so far, especially because they were not quite as professional as expected

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your personal experience in the field What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

Was approached by the HR for the role and he was very helpful throughout the process. The interview with the hiring manager went very well but they went ahead with another candidate.