Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

3.1

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Tough process but every person involved was professional and courteous. Went through several rounds. The first round was with a recruiter via the phone. After that, i was asked to complete a document with technical questions around the product. After that round, I was brought in to meet with the Role Manager. After this I met with Piers. And finally SVP for my department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then an in person interview. They ask you really cliche questions in the in person interview. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses, what are you passionate about, blah blah blah. Also they think they are the greatest place in the world to work. To me it seemed like a micromanaging nightmare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview was a panel with all hiring managers as well as 2 peer interviews. They asked a lot of questions on my experience to see if I would be a good fit for the role. They (particularly the peer interviewees) asked questions to see if I would be a good fit for the team culture.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Really long interview process. Three phone interviews and an on-site. First two phone interviews were with recruiters, last phone interview was with a manager, onsite interview was with two managers and two peers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly for me. I was reached out to by a recruiter and we set up a 15 minute conversation. The questions she asked were pretty simple, such as why Salesforce? Why sales? We also went through my resume during this. The next step was a conversation with another recruiter and it was basically the same conversation except she wanted to know a little more about what the incentive structure of my current job was. After that I was invited for an onsite where I would be interviewed by 2 current BDR managers and 2 current BDRs. Each interview was about 30 minutes and lasted for 2 hours. Once that was all over I set up a phone conversation and spoke with a Sales Director for about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a resume forwarded directly to a recruiter in Atlanta. Process 1) Email from recruiter to set up phone interview 2) Phone Interview with recruiter-30 min, basic questions about my exp 3) Assessment: 5 questions; this took me 6 hours and they expect you to turn it in BEFORE the deadline they give you 4) In person interview: met with manager and a current BDR

Interview Questions

• They want you to prospect on the assessment portion. You have to give them 5 potential company leads that fit their search criteria.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce in July 2015.

Interview

20 minutes phone call asking me my personal working experience, best results and expectations. it was not difficult and interesting. It was just the first phone call for the first interview.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce in March 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. The recruter just want to see your motivation, that you know what you are talking about and what you want to do with your life. That you are ambitious and motivated. After talking for a few minutes, he informed me that I had passed. And explained the next step, which is an interview by phone, with 2 managers for 2 play roles. So this first interview was pretty simple. The next one however, seems a lot harder...

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your professional experience? About your experience living abroad? Would it be a problem to live in Dublin?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2015.

Interview

A salesforce recruiter contacted me and we had a short chat about my CV. Pretty easy and simple questions about my background. After the interview i was asked if i would like to proceed cause they have open positions coming up. I agreed to proceed and a second interview was scheduled with two managers. In the first part we discussed again my background (cv, knowledges, etc) and my motivation. In the second part there were some strange questions about myself not connected to the job at all. These questions made me feel uncomfortable to answer I even felt treated very professional. The third part was a simulated test call. Unfortunetly the line was lagging a lot so we couldnt have even a normal conversation. It once again made the conversation quiet annoying as the voice cut off several times. In the end there was a very small feedback which was not deeply detailed. After the process the recruiter just send me a standart mail that they are not going to proceed with me.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to change inside yourself? What very important we must know about you?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A few days after applying through the online form, I got an email from the recruiter who requested a telephone interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The recruiter told me that she had a meeting afterwards, so she handled the interview very quickly. She was very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• - Why Salesforce? - Did you use our cloud services? - Questions regarding professional background and B2B sales experience.   Answer Question