Salesforce Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Disjointed. unclear whether recruiter or hiring manager was following up.

Interview Questions

bait n switch, and then low ball

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time, but overall I thought it was fair and well run.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, the interviews were straight forward and mostly about the role and my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick once the offer was given, they were accommodating and fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

6 interviews over 2 months with team and with 2 C-suite execs

Interview Questions

• why I had (some now forgotten) change in plan during my undergraduate years (which had happened 10+ years beforehand)   Answer Question

Negotiation

2-3 rounds of back and forth with both sides meeting in the middle

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2015.

Interview

3 interviews in total including 1 telephone interview with recruitment team, 1 face to face with HR ("Employee Success" team) and 1 with line. Requested out of hours and kept me waiting without a receptionist. Recruitment and HR came across as condescending and arrogant, assuming I would want to work for the "best company in the world to work for" without understanding what best is for me. When I asked about the culture everyone referred me to the videos on YouTube. I've seen the videos, I wanted a conversation! HR repeating the same lines as in the videos e.g. "I couldn't imagine working anywhere else" but not able after 3 interviews to fully explain why. HR overan asking me questions and then didn't have time to answer mine. I requested feedback and was ignored. They have plans to grow from 2500 to 4000 people in EMEA I a few years. Not with decent people if they keep up these processes! HR either need to be much better at living the values during the recruitment process, or they already do a deal what they say in the videos is all PR.

Interview Questions

For reasons above. I was left with no idea of what was real and what was PR. As I'm not desperate to change jobs it was just too much of a risk. Plus very American led, which some people won't mind but my personal preference is for European HQ.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2009.

Interview

Lengthy