Salesforce

Updated Aug 18, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Renewals Manager - UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2014.

SFDC recruiter phoned me from the UK, brief question/answer session. Next step: in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager isn't an HR person, nor has any relevant HR knowledge. Stuffy (stiff, non-personal) interview, despite attempting to convince me that they were a great and congenial "team". UK recruiter NEVER phoned back. EVER. After two friendly reminders. Cut my losses. If they're not interested, simply e-mail a canned response. At the least.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Not so difficult, once you have the experience (1 or 2 years in sales) and the language for the market you want to work for. Usual call from HR about motivation and experience and then face 2 face

Interview Questions
    • Prepare well on your motivation, their products and the cloud in general. Their stuff is really cool and they want you excited about it   Answer Question
    No at SR level they have 3 standard: junior, normal and senior

Global Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2014.

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview. The first call was just looking into my background to see would I be a good fit for the role at hand. The second was a more technical one with problem scenarios and "what if" questions. The on-site was a group day held at a hotel in Dublin City. I've never done a group interview before and didn't think that it would be a good idea as other candidates may stand out more. The day consisted of an ice breaker, one team building exercise and a business project where we had to do a presentation and then received a debrief. Excellent experience and the staff were so friendly and down to earth. After this day I wanted to work for the company even more. Such a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Got asked questions about hardware issues. i.e screens, printers   Answer Question
    Had already agreed on a figure before the on site in the event that I would be successful.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Badly organized Sales development specialist team. Expect a long delay to any questions on the recruitment process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Apply through the website for jobs which are posted there for years. In fact for most of the jobs advertised on their website, few have a real opening.

Interview Questions
    • After a short phone interview, the HR recruiters want you to come to face to face interview in Dublin as quick as possible.
      When you ask for what position and if there is a position actually open, the answer is vague or negative.
      They want to meet you for an hypothetical, prospective future...

If you, like many of us, have a real job or a real activity, you don't have time to go to Dublin for a mock interview just to justify the fat salary of HR people who need to show they are busy recruiting while they have no real openings.

So, I told them to contact me when there will be an opening. 2 weeks later, the same HR rep. calls me again, start the same interview all over again and ask me again to come for a face to face interview in Dublin (there is still no opening).
      When I tell him we already had this conversation, he/she is confused. They probably don't know how to use their own CRM in the HR dpt of saleforces.com.
        Answer Question

Account Executive German Team Dublin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in November 2013.

I got approached by salesforce for the interview process. They saw my Cv online. During the following 6 weeks I talked to three different people [Junior HR, Senior HR and the hiring manager]. The first one I barely understood, because of his accent, the second one didn't seem to care nor had time [the interview lasted 15 min]. The third call with the hiring manager was post-phoned 3 times, which lead to my assumption that they had just recruited for their database.
    Anyway, when he called, the hiring Manager then told me that they require 30 new business deals per month, every month that is, meaning an average of 1-2 new license deals PER DAY for EVERY DAY of the YEAR [not calculating for holidays etc]. He named the actual monetary number, which is about double of industry benchmark for the role.
    He asked me then what a client server and a mainframe was, simple technical questions you can find on their webpage as well. He didn't like my wiki answer and insisted that be wrong. I assume he tried to pull a management technique rather than verifying the actual technical definition. Thats fine by me, just a little weird because it's actually wrong.
    He mentioned that they had send people home after 5 minutes when they fly them in for a presentation, because they had prepared under the min of required 50 hours for the presentation. I got the impression that they hadn't told that specific candidate about the required preparation time and Im not quiet sure how he can realize that after 5 min...not a responsible way to handle company resources.
    Summing up, this is a company culture who happen to have a great product, but unfortunately they try to maintain low-hanging-fruits growth rates by pressuring people into unrealistic matrices. Definitely not for me, they are burning their people and inevitably in the long term their market. Needless to say, I kindly required to be taken off their databases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in October 2013.

Interview process took 2 months from the beginning to the offer. Pretty hard interview but very interesting because you know more about the company, products, atmosphere etc.

No negociation

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce in September 2013.

I got the opportunity to interview with SFDC after I got in touch with an old colleague from University. I found out more about the company and decided it might be a good place to work. My colleague was happy to refer me which really speeded up the process. I had the telephone interview done and an on site interview scheduled within 3 weeks which was a very good turnaround. Despite being unsuccessful I was keen to get feedback, I was very disappointed with the communication of this feedback. Also I found the number of people between recruiter and coordinator was more of a hindrance than a help. I was left without the interview being confirmed and chasing all this up myself. I expected a lot more when there was so many people involved in the process.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected questions was when I was challenged straight off the bat that I did not have the required experience for the role.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I had 3 interviews with this company. Spend a good amount of perpetration on corporate pitch and learn as much as possible about products. We use Sandler sales methodology so it would be good if you can understand Sandler.

Interview Questions
    This company is flexible in terms of the start date but they will push you to start asap.
    Salary is standard with 10% uplift.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

1. Online application: no receipt, no feedback, no acknowledgement = they are not interested or chaotic on-line recruitment system (very common in Ireland).

2. Weeks or months later: Unexpected phone call from H.R. First interview on the spot, very light and usual questions, except for this one: What salary you would consider for the job. Selling price before value: never a good sign.

Why calling me such a long time after my application ? No valid answer, but now they are in a hurry to meet me face to face. It just means that my application was at the bottom of the candidates pile. Now, they need to hire quickly, ideally "yesterday". ( Couldn't help but laugh on this one).
    I accept a meeting face to face but choose the time and dates according to my agenda. It's a two way system isn't it.

2. Face to face interviews with all the staff from the bottom of the scale to the top + H.R. Usual questions. Nothing remarkable or out of the box. They will ask the same questions each in turn at different times, So be consistent with answers.
    Schedule of interview can change last minute. Need to adapt. Lack of planning.
    Some interviewers think they are the last interviewer of the session panel while they are the first and other think the contrary. Lack of organisation and communication.

Advice: be yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for immediate feedback at the end. Know where you stand vs other candidates. Ask for a clear commitment with time and date.

My impression is that they have a big budget for hiring, they are "growing tremendously", but also look desperate to recruit anyone, anytime, in any way as quick as possible.

My impression afterwards:

Saleforce has a reputation of paying high wages (in Ireland in 2013), which is true according to what was proposed. However, I have insight from insiders and the pressure is huge, the targets as well (some say impossible to reach) and there is a very deep controlling and monitoring policy for employees with tools used to track and report non stop + management pressure.

I saw a lack of consistency during the interview phases, and they weren't really able to sell me the Saleforce company and job (a name isn't a value proposition). I didn't believe in it. In Dublin, Saleforce appears to me as another call centre.

I went mainly out of curiosity as people talk about them a lot and as a training or preparation tool for other interviews and companies.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult question. More or less obvious and basic interview questions.
      It's more of mini 360 degrees panel where different people will confront their impressions afterwards.
        View Answer