Salesforce

Salesforce Enterprise Business Representative Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.

Two phone interviews around past experience and a little bit of coaching, ,4 person panel, pretty basic stuff-two manager and two EBRs, a lot of random questions but overall very standard procedure.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2011.

The interview process started off with a phone screen from the recruiter, then a call with one of the Sales Development Managers which took two weeks to schedule because of some mix up on the manager's part. The next part was 1:1 interviews with 4 individuals (consisting of 2 Enterprise Business Managers and 2 Enterprise Business Representatives). The interview with the Enterprise Business Representatives were very casual which is not always good because it makes you casual too. The Enterprise Business Managers asked questions like: "How would you sell Salesforce to a VP of Sales"? "How would you sell our support product to a VP of Customer Support" "How would you start building accounts?" "Which tools would you use to find information?" Although they didn't ask me about my knowledge of their other products, it will earn you bonus points if you name drop them into examples. The environment was typical corporate. Cubicles. Nothing special and it did not seem that fun. Everyone that I met seemed to be drinking the kool-aid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in August 2009.

Very straight forward hiring process for anyone looking to join the business development/lead gen division of Salesforce.com. I was referred into Salesforce.com from a current employee. The HR team got back to me within 2 days. First was a phone screening with HR. Second was a 2 hour interview that consisted of 4 employees for 30 mins each. Two were current team members and two were managers. They asked very basic questions about previous experience, outside hobbies, background with sales and technology. There was also some role plays. I found it to be one of the easier interviews I had been partaking in at the time. Several days later I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was your pitch at your previous company?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a hard time working with disgruntled co-workers?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating with these roles. Everyone has the same base and comp plan.

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: what do you see yourself at salesforce?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2013.

3 step interview process

1) Initial call with recruiter - 30 mins
    - behavioral questions to check for sales aptitude

2) Call with recruiter from HQ (San Francisco) - 30 mins
    - behavioral questions to check for sales aptitude
    - sales role plays

3) On site interview (Toronto) - 1.5 hrs
    - sales role plays
    - discussion with other members in the same role (more of an interview to check for personality/work culture compatibility)

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have a thorough understanding of selling a solution-based product, not a "commodity".

Highly critical to be able to speak professionally, while building rapport, confidence and respect.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2012.

I applied for a function as Enterprise Business Representative, the recruiter send me an email to plan an phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview went well and the manager wants to plan an phone interview a week later, after the interview the manager told me that I hear from him if he wants to plan a 1:1 interview in Dublin. The same day I get an email with an inventation for the 1:1 interview in Dublin, we planned an interview in Dublin a week later. Everything was arranged very good, a taxi picked drove me to the company and the interview went well. I had 3 interviews, 1 with 2 managers, 1 with the senior director, 1 with the sales manager. Then the waiting began! I waited for 4 weeks, but finally i get a positive phone call that they want to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • You know you had a interview with me, what do you know about me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2012.

After a call with the HR, a meeting session takes place on site with different manager.
    Between 5 and 8 interviews to discuss about what you have done before and your culture of the market.
    For the interviews the most valuable advice would just be to remain yourself. Salesforce is a good and fun company to work for with great employees so just prepare yourself to play hard and work hard.

Interview Questions
    • What is your background ? Describe your experiences, your main challenges, your difficulties, your results?   View Answer
    • How do you see yourself in the next years ?   View Answer
    No package really negotiable but great opportunities to be promoted in the first year

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2011.

Was easy. Phone screening, then a four person round robin interview, then final phone interview with RVP. Tell the truth and don't pump up yourself, give corny and bland answers and you'll pass with flying colors.

Young group of people and most are mid entry level trying to make a name for themselves. It's college all over again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2010.

I got a call from a recruiter for the position and we arranged a time to talk in more detail. I had a call from the recruiter a couple of days later for the actual interview and it went well. The interview was very general, and the questions were very vague. I found out that it was actually the recruiters first day at the job. After a very standard interview, I was thanked for my time. He told me that he would call me back the next day to let me know the outcome, but I didn't hear from him and I called him back a couple of days later and left him a voicemail. Later that day, I got an email from someone else in the company telling me that I was invited to an interview with four people in the company. Two of who were currently in EBR positions(which was the role I was being interviewed for) and two were in senior management position.

I prepared for the interviews by conducting research on the company, reviewing the CEO's background and watched a whole lot of videos from product launches, keynotes etc. about the company. I was making sure I went in prepared.

I got to the offices on time and was put in a room where the interviewers came into the room one by one. The business environment seemed pretty sombre, and for a room full of sales people conducting telesales, it was very quiet. This was a surprise for me as I was expecting a lot more buzz in the office.

The interview got into play and I was hammered for two hours about my past and numbers. One of the senior managers even asked me to role play how I would track down leads, call the leads and sell them on the product. I was a little taken aback by that, as from an outsiders perspective I didn't have that much knowledge of the product. One of the interviews was conducted over the phone by someone in San Fran.
    One of the things I noticed in the interview was the fact that they kept on going over and over my numbers and asking me the same questions from different angles.... I felt like there was a little bit of entrapment going on and they seemed cynical about my background. All in all, it wasn't a pleasant interview and I left the room feeling roughed up. The interviews lasted two hours, and I felt like I was a crime scene suspect. After I left the room, the original recruiter came up to me and told me that they would call me in a few days to let me know how it went.

I emailed my interviewers to thank them for their time, and even conducted a little more research on the company, but didn't hear from them. I had to call the recruiter and leave a voicemail. He called me back and told me that at that time they had decided to move forward with another candidate.

All in all, it wasn't the best interview I've had. I felt like the interviewers were out to prove me wrong and the atmosphere in the company didn't seem at all like what they made it out to be. To be honest, I was a little relieved that I didn't get the job because I felt like the company had a sinister side to it. I would have taken the job if they had offered it to me, but at the same time, I am sure I would not have lasted there for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Pick up the phone and sell me a salesfoce product.   View Answer