Salesforce

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce in October 2014.

I gave a recruiter my resume at an event and then had a phone interview scheduled.

My interviewer asked about my previous projects first. Next, they said given a string, how would you count the number of words in that string. Finally, the last question was to write code to shuffle a card deck, and how to check if the code actually worked/was completely random.

Perhaps it was just my interviewer, but I could tell they weren't happy with my answers because they didn't move on to another question. However, I exhausted all my solutions and still couldn't seem to get the right answer.

Interview Questions
  • Apparently testing a card shuffling algorithm was a problem from Google Code Jam.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Applied online in April and got an invitation to interview about 2 weeks later. Had 3 rounds of interviews, which took about 2 weeks total. All of my interviewers were very intelligent and conversational. Questions were straightforward. My recruiter was incredibly nice and responsive as well. Overall a great experience!

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2014.

After a few email exchanges with a recruiter, I was given one 20 min. phone interview with both a manager and a senior director who both hold PhDs in my college major. Interview was non-technical. Entire interview hinged on a project I worked on in a class that I listed on my resume. The interview felt very informal and was more of a conversation about the importance of data. You should obviously know your resume well and be ready to talk in-depth about any experiences that would be relevant to your role.

Interview Questions
    • - What issues did you encounter when working on X project? How did you resolve them?
      - What's your ten year plan?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2012.

Very nice, everyone was straightforward on what was going to happen. People called and emailed when they were supposed to. Forms and everything were overnighted I could always email or call if I had any questions. Everything just seemed so organized especially since it was over the phone/mail as I don't live near HQ.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was basically a few hour long programming problem. It was a bit more difficult than I expected, but it was a fun problem to solve at the same time.   Answer Question
    The offer was ver competitive I did not need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2011.

On campus recruiting for one afternoon and then an offer!

Interview Questions
    It was an interview so it was hourly pay and it was incredibly high compared to.... any other internship offers. ever.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2011.

The ad on the career site was very broad. The interviewer called late and it was obvious that he/she hadn't looked at my resume. I asked questions about projects that I would be involved with and he/she didn't know. Also, interviewer didn't even work in the building that I would be working in. I wondered why the team chose this person to do the interview because he/she had no knowledge about the work and had no knowledge about me as a candidate. I'm sure this person is a good worker, but this was a less than satisfactory interview.

I think Salesforce.com would benefit from being more specific with their requirements in their job listings. They don't seem to know what they want. It would also be nice if the person interviewing seemed genuinely interested in filling the position. Genuinely interested would mean that they had read your resume and asked about your experience. Also, the interviewer should probably know something about the position they are trying to fill.