Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.2

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Round one consisted of a one hour mock planning session. The candidate played the PGM role, while 6 or 7 interviewers played mock roles with "personalities". Some preparation was needed before the session, but nothing extensive. The candidate is observed while executing the planning session and handling the various mock personalities of the team. Strong leadership in a group setting along with good organization and thinking on your feet will likely help the candidate succeed. However, this session provides little opportunity to question the interviewers about the job, company, etc., something that would presumably come in round 2. I didn't get to round 2.

Platinum Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Three stages: 1st brief phone call/interview with recruiter to get a feel for the position, 2nd phone interview with a hiring supervisor, 3rd in-person interview with 2 hiring supervisors and hiring manager. Because of the rate of growth at Salesforce, the process moved along very quickly and I went from chatting to the recruiter to in-person interview within 7 days - offer was given the same day as the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Be able to comfortably converse with the interviewer(s) and take a short technical skills quiz simultaneously   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

6 interviews - 2 with HR via phone, 1 with sales manager via phone, 3 in-person. Interview process was difficult, but I prepared and had the metrics to back it up. Be sure to be prepared. If you don't actually want to be in sales long-term, I wouldn't waste your time. I had a positive interview experience and really liked everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel back to any time frame in history, what would it be and why   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Tough process but every person involved was professional and courteous. Went through several rounds. The first round was with a recruiter via the phone. After that, i was asked to complete a document with technical questions around the product. After that round, I was brought in to meet with the Role Manager. After this I met with Piers. And finally SVP for my department.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening interview was scheduled for a particular time in the afternoon. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and then appeared rushed as he ran through his list of questions. I got the clear impression that he had not even scanned my resume prior to the call. He was unprepared. It amazes me how a company with Salesforce's reputation lets recruiters like this be the first point of contact with prospective candidates. It really hurts the brand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2015.

Interview

Referral, got a call from an account executive to talk about the position and Salesforce. Was asked about sales experience specifically with software, my background experience, and what I know about Salesforce. Was referred to another account executive from potential team to work with. Had a 20 minute call, was asked why I want to work in sales, what my background is, why Salesforce, and things that are on my resume.

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got through the recruiter screening and was interviewed by hiring manager. He called almost 10 minutes late without an apology, then rushed through the interview. Seemed unimpressed by my answer when he asked me what I had been doing since laid off 2 months before.. 1) traveling 2) looking for a job

Interview Questions

• What is the market size for tires in the United States?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a product you use (not Google, Facebook or Apple) and give me 3 things you like and 3 things you would improve.   Answer Question

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with an informal chat through a referral, then in-person chat with a potential peer. Then I was asked to do a design challenge, but the Senior Director reached out and scheduled a one-on-one meeting to get me interested enough to do the design challenge. I did the design challenge, came in, presented it and my work to 8 or so people. Then a breakout session with two designers. I got a rejection, but the Senior Director was extremely proactive, constructive, and upfront with his feedback. It was a far cry from the cagey, fuzzy rejections you get from other places. My experience with Salesforce in many ways will be a model for me in the future: nurture good candidates, treat them well, and even if you reject them, get them to walk away with a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've had to protect your team from distracting one-off requests and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen where I was asked about past experience and some technical questions which weren't too much of a challenge to answer. A few days later there was a remote coding activity which was done over a gotomeeting session. My experience with the remote coding session was awful! The task wasn't technically difficult but the gotomeeting experience was dreadful! The session would lag a lot and several times things locked up on the remote computer. I had to work in eclipse and was unfamiliar with that environment. I only ended up finishing about 50% of the assignment! The remote nature of this step in the process should not be under estimated! I was surprised to hear back from them a few days later to schedule an on site interview! They understood that the remote coding environment can be difficult and liked what I did get done. The on site experience was excellent! There were some tough questions but overall it felt more like a conversation about technologies and techniques than a drilling.

Negotiation

The offer was more than generous I did not negotiate.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They reached out to me, which speaks to the importance of having a robust LinkedIn profile. Began with a call with a G&A recruiter, followed by call screen with another EA, onsite with a panel (1:1 back to back), SVP, VP, EA; follow up GTM with AVP. Final round onsite with SVP. Everyone has been very warm, authentic, supportive, and encouraging in the process. Very positive experience thus far.

Interview Questions

• My favorite: what's your feedback and/or suggestions to Executives for improving & leveraging the Executive/EA relationship?   Answer Question