Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Couple of phones screens followed by onsite interviews. At least been interviewed by 10+ people overall. Onsite interview took me half a day but most of them are repeated questions. Once selected HR will call you to negotiate the salaries. It took me couple of months to complete the process as there is confusion on the location of the job, otherwise entire process may take 2 to 4 weeks from the first call.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then an in person interview. They ask you really cliche questions in the in person interview. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses, what are you passionate about, blah blah blah. Also they think they are the greatest place in the world to work. To me it seemed like a micromanaging nightmare.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process for a Sales Engineer in the SaaS space:
    1 - Phone Screen
    2 - Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3 - On Site multiple interviews. A case study is provided and you need to present PowerPoint and demo. They are very role-based during the mock case study asking difficult questions to see how you do under pressure.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a new client said they didn't want the product anymore, even after using a trial?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

20 minute phone call. I described my past work experience. Was asked a couple simple question. Ultimately I didn't get the position due to lack of sales experience- even though my experience would be a great fit for many other positions there, they require you to start in sales for about a year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales/ Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I interviewed for a Senior Ruby position with the Heroku division. Three interviews with three different members of the team, so far. All were reasonably straightforward, easy interviews. No brainteasers or any of that stuff. I was impressed with the overall intelligence of everyone I've talked to -- they all seemed very enthusiastic about working there. The manager did indicate that there would be a two-day "mini project" to be completed prior to hire. This struck me as pretty sensible, given the number of applicants who can't handle "fizzbazz".

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but straightforward, consisting of two telephone calls with the internal recruiter, one telephone call with the hiring manager, a group interview with the hiring manager and a top-performing account executive, and a final interview consisting of a mock presentation. Everybody I met with was professional, intelligent, and positive. Preparation and genuine enthusiasm are absolutely critical.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce versus the competition, specifically?   1 Answer

Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

4 part interview. 1st Recruiter Screens you over the phone. 2nd Phone Interview with Hiring manager. 3rd is in-person interview with hiring manager and VP of sales. 4th is in-person presentation w/ hiring manager, recruiter, and 2 VP of sales.

The recruiter provided a Presentation Template to follow which consisted of sales background, sales achievements, review of a past deal won/lost discuss how you over came objections and won the deal, how can/does CRM affect your current role and potential businesses, 30-60-90 day plan, and lastly why you are a great fit for this role.

I received an offer in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What can we expect out of you 6 months from now? What can you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The recruiter was firm on the offer.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview was a panel with all hiring managers as well as 2 peer interviews. They asked a lot of questions on my experience to see if I would be a good fit for the role. They (particularly the peer interviewees) asked questions to see if I would be a good fit for the team culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in May 2015.

Interview

Hour long skype call. Given two programming questions. Was asked to code using collabedit and interviewer asked for more information as I went on. Also asked to create several test cases to ensure every case was covered by the program written.

Interviewer was very respectful and helpful and gave hints along the way that helped a lot. They want to see how you get to the result and respond to feedback versus memorizing knowledge.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke to two different recruiters first. Then one of them contacted me about different position. I had a short phone interview and still waiting to hear for the next steps. I would prefer if someone just told me either way - the worth thing is to wait