Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Lots of 1:1 interviews, but you should be able to get through those with a tight story. Final round is usually a presentation to a panel. This is important, but difficulty can vary depending on who is driving it (ie. hiring manager.) Lots of people apply to salesforce, so you have to have a story. They put up a req for title X and they'll have plenty of people applying that have done that job before.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

- 4 rounds of Phone Screening (1 manager, 3 engineers) - Remote Programming Test - Onsite interview - 6 rounds (2 technical, 2 managerial & 1HR) The HR said they wanted me on board and she is working on the offer. It's been > 2 months and I am still waiting for the offer. Their HR team really SUCKS. They shouldn't leave the candidates hanging on the cliff for this long.

Interview Questions

• Most of the technical questions were around programming/datastructure fundementals, unit tests, recursion etc and few systems design and behavioural questions   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Round one consisted of a one hour mock planning session. The candidate played the PGM role, while 6 or 7 interviewers played mock roles with "personalities". Some preparation was needed before the session, but nothing extensive. The candidate is observed while executing the planning session and handling the various mock personalities of the team. Strong leadership in a group setting along with good organization and thinking on your feet will likely help the candidate succeed. However, this session provides little opportunity to question the interviewers about the job, company, etc., something that would presumably come in round 2. I didn't get to round 2.

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two - three phone screens, one day long interview. Some of the people you'll be interviewing with are some of the brightest from carrier, service provider and content, so at senior level+, I'd say be ready for anything. This was the most nervous I'd ever been for an interview, vomited violently the night before my flight and was unable to get any sleep, which at the time I felt crippled me for the interview. But look, everything happens for its reasons (the trick is they're all self generated), and I just wasn't ready for that level of validation. Most of the material on the phone screens was standard, but you were allowed to couch the portrayal in generalities - understanding of forwarding behavior and mechanics was essential, everything was close to platform neutral. I did find that when I was struggling, some of the coaching started to coalesce around specific platforms, but no biggie. Some of it approached deep, be prepared to unpack transport layer behavior in relation to applications + time + distance. The recruiter mentioned they would be changing the interview process to multi-day, which will make it more difficult on the candidate logistically, however, future candidates will find metabolizing what they're feeding much easier. It will allow you to hit the design portion of the interview much much easier. Didn't have the "ah-ha!" moment until I had gotten to sleep.

Interview Questions

• Describe the way information flows through router hardware (looking for tcam to cam, distributed vs centralized forwarding)   1 Answer

Technology Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter 2 weeks later. I was invited to attend their recruiting event, whereby I get to meet most of the Technology Compliance team members and the hiring manager. About 2 weeks later, I was invited for a phone interview with the hiring managers, but there was not much to discuss since she and I spoke at length during the recruiting event. 2 weeks went by and I was invited onsite to meet with 2 of the team members. They also scheduled an interview with another Director and the head of the Technology Compliance group. After the onsite interview and phone interview with the Director, I received a call from the recruiter that I was not selected. The interview with the head of the group was cancelled. I asked what was the reason for them to cut short the interview and I was told it was because I was "...too technical..". Having been working in this industry for 20 years, their reasoning sounds really bizarre to me. It sounds like Salesforce Technology Compliance group needs people who can do "checklist audit"without any IT experience. Thought I didn't get the job, in a way I am glad that I didn't get it since I don't feel comfortable working in a group that focus only on "checkbox" audit instead of a risk-based approach.

Interview Questions

• If one of the process leaders ignored you, what do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

6 interviews - 2 with HR via phone, 1 with sales manager via phone, 3 in-person. Interview process was difficult, but I prepared and had the metrics to back it up. Be sure to be prepared. If you don't actually want to be in sales long-term, I wouldn't waste your time. I had a positive interview experience and really liked everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel back to any time frame in history, what would it be and why   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a week for a phone screen. Girl who interviewed was from Canada and sending me emails for interview times around 8pm. When you responded with times she took about 2 days to respond back and half the times you mentioned were missed. I interviewed for a position that I well knew I was over qualified for but it was the only thing available and I know I could move up quickly to a position that was more on my level of experience and pay. I have a job that pays a lot more but I wanted to make a transition to a company I saw I could be with more long-term and could meet my financial and career expectations, alike Salesforce. When I interviewed the girl said I was a little over qualified and they had an opening for the next step up sales position and she would get me an appt with that recruiter. This recruiter was based out of Chicago, she interviewed me two days later and the questions she asked me were not difficult (know your numbers and you should be fine in answering them directly) She kept answering and responding with "uhuh" , "yeah", "sure" it was very rude and robotic. I was even over qualified for this position with my experience as well as solid track record at top fortune 500 companies. She told me she would get back to me on a certain date with a response. I never got a response on the date she told me she would get back to me. I reached out to her a few days later and she then responded with an automated email that there were candidates with more experience. If they had candidates with more experience going for this job with this salary they must be extremely desperate candidates of not good quality willing to take anything. I was already over qualified so it was hard to believe someone could be even more and accept this position. The recruiter at the Chicago location didn't follow up when she said she would. That enough spoke for me that maybe this company isn't all it is perceived to be and they aren't professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your monthly sales revenue goal?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial screening call with a recruiting agent, covering general questions, explanation of the process, company information, benefit resource information, salary expectations, etc. Following was a 30 minute initial interview with the team manager. Upon a successfully initial interview, I had a panel of 3 30-minute interviews, in-office, scheduled for the following week. As I was navigating through a separate offer, they accommodated my aggressive timeline very well. After each phase, I was contacted and debriefed by the original SF recruiting agent, and very clearly guided and walked through the process, ensuring nothing was outstanding at any point. An offer was extended within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation in which a process was needed that you were able to develop and implement.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The screening call was one of the strangest I've encountered. The recruiter called me, then did everything he could to talk me out of the job. Thinking it was a test I convinced him to forward my name to the hiring manager. The next communication was An email asking for copies of 4 yrs T4 slips proving my salary, though the posting asked for three year successful sales experience with top 100 accounts. I'm not sure that's within privacy laws in Canada. I'll chalk it up to the possibility that they like younger people at this company. The recruiter didn't seem to know much about the position either. It all worked out as I found a great job elsewhere.

Application

Interview

Three stages: 1st brief phone call/interview with recruiter to get a feel for the position, 2nd phone interview with a hiring supervisor, 3rd in-person interview with 2 hiring supervisors and hiring manager. Because of the rate of growth at Salesforce, the process moved along very quickly and I went from chatting to the recruiter to in-person interview within 7 days - offer was given the same day as the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Be able to comfortably converse with the interviewer(s) and take a short technical skills quiz simultaneously   Answer Question