Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.2

Marketing Automation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR for a phone interview, which went well. I then was asked to have another phone interview with a manager on the team, which also went well. From there they scheduled 3 more interviews, 2 of which were phone interviews and a final in person interview. HR followed back up with me after all the interviews and made it sound as if an offer was coming. Then I was told to hang on, that they were travelling. I waited patiently for 2 weeks before being rejected with no explanation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, how would your peers describe you, what is your biggest weakness, and multiple behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2015.

Interview

In the first round , the interviewer grilled me about my academic project on distributed systems and a simple coding question was asked.
    Second round was with a manager and few basic OO design questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Given million elements , write a program to print k largest elements.   1 Answer

Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A young girl called me and told me she was only a "screener" and I would then be passed onto the actual recruiter. She was really rude from the get-go. She asked questions that made no sense and showed her lack of knowledge of the industry. She actually got mad at me when she told me their comp plan and I said that I dont want to waste my or her time any more then since it's HALF of what I currently make! Was not a good frst impression of Salesforce.

Platinum Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone screening interview with the recruiter went very well. I felt very confident that the job would be a great fit. I had a few friends that worked there and they reassured me of this as well. After several misfires in coordinating the second call with a manager of the support department, I was finally able to connect.

The second call was more of a personality test to see if I would fit in with the culture. Nothing very technical, but we did kind of touch on some of the details of my work.

The face-to-face interview was done in a panel setting with individuals from multiple levels of management. I was a bit nervous, which I think they could tell. They seemed a little concerned with my minimal development experience that I might jump to another area. Overall the interview went well and was pretty typical. There was a short test with some novice HTML and SQL questions that they give you 5 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, we chatted through the test and I hurried some of the responses at the end.

After waiting over a week, I received a canned response indicating that they went with other candidates and that I should try again. Although I would love the opportunity to join the team, I may or may not try again due to the fact that the entire process seemed very disjointed and left me a little uneasy with just getting a canned response.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very scripted. Had two interviews with two different recruiters and they both asked the same exact questions. The first lady showed up 12 mins late and the 2nd one showed up 16 mins late and told m she had 10 mins till her next call. Very unprofessional and rude. Really dont get why they did this, but either way i thought I was talking to two robots. I had very strict stipulations as for travel and relocation in which they couldnt meet my needs so i decided not to continue conversations. I was referred by a current sfdc employee and received an interview the next day which was great

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was referred through a friend. The process took about 2 weeks. First I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I first met with a Sales Rep for 30 minutes and then with a panel of three managers for about an hour. They want to see that you're energetic, articulate, competitive and excited about Salesforce. I had a very positive experience but ultimately accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why sales? How would you explain Salesforce to somebody on the street? If we were to ask your current boss, what would she say is a strength of yours and what is a weakness?   Answer Question

Attorney/Counsel Position Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

After two phone interviews I was invited to Salesforce.com's offices for a half day of in person interviews. The in-house recruiters (based in SF) did not place me on the guest list and I was delayed with security for at least 10 minutes. After I finally got up to their offices, I was stuck in the elevator area for at least another 10 minutes until someone came to let me on to the floor. It was very unwelcoming and as a result my first interview started 10 minutes late. I met with five attorneys, each of whom asked basically the same questions. One interview was entirely substantive, which I strongly prefer. The other interviews were more informal/chatty. A group interview would have been more efficient. One of the interviewers didn't turn up and they asked me to reschedule. I did not appreciate this request since I took the day off work for the interviews. I enjoyed meeting with all of the attorneys though and they are obviously very bright and pros at what they do. To conclude, I would recommend group meetings to save time and avoid repetition for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked, why do you want to work at Salesforce.com? One interview was entirely substantive, which I strongly prefer. The other interviews were more informal/chatty.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews, 2 onsiteinterviews the last as a group presentation. The presentation was to describe a deal I had done at a previous company. You get 30 minutes start to finish and graded highly on interaction. I was told the interviews and presentation went well and they had no feedback (not helpful and made me feel as if my time was wasted), I was heavily recruited by them and they called/emailed me for over a year before I went in to interview and to get 0 feedback was unprofessional. All I was told was "not a fit". In the interview process I was continually asked why you would want to join SF. Very young sales team, almost cult like in their view of the company. Not a very welcoming environment and got the impression that if you were not 22, you probably would not fit in. Should have stuck with my gut and not bothered interviewing.

Lead Member of Technical Staff - Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had a very disappointing interview process with salesforce. I had a very good initial phone screen with a hiring manager and then I got scheduled for another phone screen which was again not so technical and had only general informational type questions. The recruiter said they will schedule an online programming test.. then this never happened and went cold. After a couple of months I applied again to a different role in Salesforce and to my amazement i was told i got rejected within 6 months on technical grounds !!, without being asked a single technical/coding question or given a chance to write code (online programming test).
    I don't know if this is an isolated case, but I felt very disappointed with the way my candidature was handled.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions were around my previous experience   1 Answer

IT/Network Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, possibly due to my Linkedin profile. Following a chat with her, I had two phone interviews with potential peers in the organization, followed by a half day in the office with several more people.

The end of that was a test, where I had to design something to solve a problem in their network and defend my solution.