Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.

The interview process was very scripted. Had two interviews with two different recruiters and they both asked the same exact questions. The first lady showed up 12 mins late and the 2nd one showed up 16 mins late and told m she had 10 mins till her next call. Very unprofessional and rude. Really dont get why they did this, but either way i thought I was talking to two robots. I had very strict stipulations as for travel and relocation in which they couldnt meet my needs so i decided not to continue conversations. I was referred by a current sfdc employee and received an interview the next day which was great

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Attorney/Counsel Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

After two phone interviews I was invited to Salesforce.com's offices for a half day of in person interviews. The in-house recruiters (based in SF) did not place me on the guest list and I was delayed with security for at least 10 minutes. After I finally got up to their offices, I was stuck in the elevator area for at least another 10 minutes until someone came to let me on to the floor. It was very unwelcoming and as a result my first interview started 10 minutes late. I met with five attorneys, each of whom asked basically the same questions. One interview was entirely substantive, which I strongly prefer. The other interviews were more informal/chatty. A group interview would have been more efficient. One of the interviewers didn't turn up and they asked me to reschedule. I did not appreciate this request since I took the day off work for the interviews. I enjoyed meeting with all of the attorneys though and they are obviously very bright and pros at what they do. To conclude, I would recommend group meetings to save time and avoid repetition for the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone asked, why do you want to work at Salesforce.com? One interview was entirely substantive, which I strongly prefer. The other interviews were more informal/chatty.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

I was referred through a friend. The process took about 2 weeks. First I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I first met with a Sales Rep for 30 minutes and then with a panel of three managers for about an hour. They want to see that you're energetic, articulate, competitive and excited about Salesforce. I had a very positive experience but ultimately accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Salesforce? Why sales? How would you explain Salesforce to somebody on the street? If we were to ask your current boss, what would she say is a strength of yours and what is a weakness?   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff - Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

I had a very disappointing interview process with salesforce. I had a very good initial phone screen with a hiring manager and then I got scheduled for another phone screen which was again not so technical and had only general informational type questions. The recruiter said they will schedule an online programming test.. then this never happened and went cold. After a couple of months I applied again to a different role in Salesforce and to my amazement i was told i got rejected within 6 months on technical grounds !!, without being asked a single technical/coding question or given a chance to write code (online programming test).
    I don't know if this is an isolated case, but I felt very disappointed with the way my candidature was handled.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of questions were around my previous experience   View Answer

IT/Network Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce.

I was contacted by a recruiter, possibly due to my Linkedin profile. Following a chat with her, I had two phone interviews with potential peers in the organization, followed by a half day in the office with several more people.

The end of that was a test, where I had to design something to solve a problem in their network and defend my solution.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2015.

Starts with an internal recruiter, followed by a LOB manager (RVP) in-person interview. Then there is an interview with one or more other LOB managers (could be phone or in person). The last step is a 30 minute preso you have to give to 3 managers. Though this will sound like sour grapes (I wasn't given an offer because of this stage), I felt this was a bit of a no-win situation. You're given a scenario (3 execs who missed last quarter's sales target, looking to improve sales and forecasting) and a slide deck and told to sell SFDC to them. Asking discovery questions is a big deal to them, but you've got to be done in 30 minutes (and the deck is 17 slides long). I got hit with a major curveball early in the discussion by the "CIO" - "Microsoft is offering their CRM for free, and we don't have funds at the end of this fiscal year, and we already have a team of .NET developers in-house, so why should we spend money on SFDC?" Good luck answering that one. Another funny one - my interview was 1/15, but the "CIO" tells me (during this meeting) that it's October and they have very little time until the end of the year (this factoid wasn't part of the scenario). Tell me, who walks into a meeting and doesn't know what day it is? That element was unrealistic. This did a good job of derailing a short meeting, and I never got to the Next Steps portion. I was told the next morning that I wouldn't be getting an offer because of poor discovery questions (who is the decision maker, timeline to decide), failure to secure next steps, and failure to differentiate between SFDC and MSFT. (Sidenote, the recruiter's prep email indicated that any question about SFDC/MSFT should be seen as a cloud/on-premise issue and answered as such, which is what I did. And it was summarily shot down.)

Another piece of information for those wanting a job at SFDC (I thought I did). I was "warned" by the gent who would have become my LOB manager that this is a "younger" crowd with a "young mindset" - meaning they don't have families, are willing to work late, go out to bars after working and basically work becomes their life. I'm a little older than that (18 years in the market). They also require daily commutes to the office. I've telecommuted for nearly a decade and was reticent to return to rush hour, so maybe not getting an offer was a good thing for me.

Anyway, I hope this helps in your interview prep and career decisions.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle working with a team of predominantly younger people?   View Answer

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.

I submitted an application online through the SFDC website. A recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview within a day. I was contacted within 3 days for a phone Interview with Recruiter. The next steps were a phone interview with Hiring Manager and Panel presentation and Interview at SFDC HQ.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Explain the cloud, do I use CRM, proudest sales accomplishment? The interviewer really focused on my experience at my current employer although I have a few employers listed on my resume (focused on recent experience).   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I had two initial phone screenings with a recruiter which were pretty basic. She went through my resume and made sure I had enough sales experience to move on to the next round. The next round consisted of an in-person panel interview with upper management. They once again go over your resume and ask you questions throughout the panel. Why do you want to be in sales? Why Salesforce? How competitive are you? Etc.

Overall, everyone I dealt with throughout the process was very helpful and eager to coach you up to succeed in the interviews. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Elevator pitch describing Salesforce to your grandmother   Answer Question
    None. All SR's start out the same.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Got an email from HR, set up a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. Was told that the next stage would include scripting challenges and had 48 hours to complete. Challenges were on Javascript, CSS, and Ruby. It takes a little long to complete but that may be because I wasn't too familiar with Ruby.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2015.

Thorough, high degree of courtesy. Series of 7 phone calls led to one in-person interview/mock demonstration, 1.5 hours in duration. Impressive investment in a candidate. LinkedIn profile was cited by the internal HR/recruiter as the reason they reached out re: my potential candidacy for the role. Keep that profile fresh and active!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a challenging sales engagement situation and how you contributed to a successful outcome (a signed contract)?   Answer Question