Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.2

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Multiple face to face interviews. Once whittled down to one of the 2-3 final candidates you are flown to San Francisco for interviews with senior management. Very intense interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stock and/or options no longer given on hire. Can negotiate a forgivable draw for the first 3-6 months.

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, starting with separate phone interviews with recruiter, hiring manager and a peer. Then brought in for 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Final round consisted of putting together a presentation and then pitching it in person to panel of 5, including the SVP of Product Marketing. Entire process took over a month. Initial rounds were easy, standard interviews, but the final round was very intense!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

you need to clear toughest programming test which tests your aptitude skills and analytical thinking power, salesforce wants best people available in the market you need to be competitive enough if you have brains this is the best place to work for and you should be career centric. around 9 people interview and 2 hours of written test think how much technical stuff they should have asked to get the job

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

phone interview, group interview and then a presentation to senior management.

Negotiation

Little negotiations

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

Interviews with management followed by presentation to a board of management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotation

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was by far the most rigorous yet most rewarding recruitment experience I've ever been through. My recruiter was unbelievably amazing in preparing me for the process, so that the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be my own fault. With that being said, it was a long and exhausting process - 5 qualifying & prep calls, 2 f2f interviews, and 1 in-person presentation.

Interview Questions

• Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!   2 Answers

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

* Extremely thorough process - external recruiter referred me to internal recruiter, two phone interviews, panel interview, presentation to senior management, follow-up interview, offer negotiation. * Internal recruiter did a great job of providing accurate information about the role and culture, while 'selling' me on why it would be a fit. * Panel interview and presentation are great tools for a mutual assessment - you get a great feel for the culture and expectations from the questions asked and the process to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a deal went 'sideways' and describe what you did to save it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair and open negotiation process - no game playing. When they want you, they are open to negotiating. And the package is so good, there's very little left to negotiate!

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face. Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not. Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product. Key to this process is to read the instructions! The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions

• Does the application support Japanese?   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter who arranged several informal interviews. When it was decided to proceed for a specific job, I had a technical programming exam which was evaluated for style and sophistication. They then flew me to San Francisco for a day of interviews. Throughout I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. Relative to other very big companies I interviewed with, salesforece.com was by far the best.

Interview Questions

• The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going. Nevertheless the quality of my code impressed them enough to invite me to in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary was firm, but I negotiated a starting bonus of approximately 10% of my annual base, and increased the initial RSU stock grant by 20%. They were also very flexible with starting date.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Twice I have interviewed with a recruiter on the phone and both times the recruiter said, I would like to bring you in for an in person interview and will have my recruiting coordinator schedule you to come in. Both times, I never recieved a phone nor received any response to any emails I sent to the recruiter asking them if they still wanted to bring me in. You tell me you want me to interview with you but then you cannot conduct yourself in a businesslike way and at least answer my phone call and or email to let me know if I am still being considered? It is obvious this company needs to overhaul it's recruiting practices. You are losing out on a very good candidate here.

Interview Questions

Never even got to schedule the in person interview!